Transfer Portal watch

Jarren Williams . Again

Got out worked at USF, where to next?
Officially "retired"

1654712327367.png

Advertisement
**** feels like yesterday Manny tweeted our Jarren was QB1 and won the starting job. Then he balled out against UF and I thought we had our next great QB. Life comes at your fast. He wasted so much talent.

The dude didn't throw a single interception until his 5th start where he threw 3 picks in his first 7 passes against V-tech. Get's benched, then comes off the bench a few games later in the 4th quarter to throw the game winning TD against Pitt, balls out against FSU and Louisville (threw 6 freaking TDs), and then follows that up with losses to FIU, Duke and Louisiana Tech (worst 3 game stretch in Miami history?).

I have never seen a rollercoaster ride of a season like that.

**** feels like yesterday Manny tweeted our Jarren was QB1 and won the starting job. Then he balled out against UF and I thought we had our next great QB. Life comes at your fast. He wasted so much talent.
This is a great site and another example was someone posting during that cycle telling us that the kid was hella talented but was rather immature and there were worries he would not take football seriously. **** were they right

Advertisement
The dude didn't throw a single interception until his 5th start where he threw 3 picks in his first 7 passes against V-tech. Get's benched, then comes off the bench a few games later in the 4th quarter to throw the game winning TD against Pitt, balls out against FSU and Louisville (threw 6 freaking TDs), and then follows that up with losses to FIU, Duke and Louisiana Tech (worst 3 game stretch in Miami history?).

I have never seen a rollercoaster ride of a season like that.
On the morning of that fifth game, I said to my girlfriend, "The one thing about our quarterback, he doesn't throw interceptions." I remember this because we were going to buy her a car that day. When we got to the dealership, the game was on TV, and they were showing 3 INT's already early in the game. And my girlfriend, who knows jack **** about football and cares even less, was like, "I thought your quarterback didn't throw interceptions."

Well we know he was self medicating while starting for us. ... I honestly feel for the kid. His dad managed his career like Brittany's and Miley's, and it messed him up. That's my armchair take. I hope he finds himself and does well in his life.
I read his whole retirement note. He mentions not speaking to or seeing his Dad for months recently…. Sad. He had so much potential.

Well we know he was self medicating while starting for us. ... I honestly feel for the kid. His dad managed his career like Brittany's and Miley's, and it messed him up. That's my armchair take. I hope he finds himself and does well in his life.
"my pops put me in football at the age of 4 and not talking to him for a long time gave me time to think about what i really wanted/loved and this meant taking another route"

did not realize there was an estrangement there

Advertisement
It is obvious that he didn't live up to potential, and that there are off-field issues. There are off-field issues that all athletes deal with; unfortunately, some have more than others.

That said, elements of our fanbase seem to continue to build up Williams into something he never was. His entire career as a starter here was brief, and was hardly filled with evidence that he was headed for a lengthy NFL career. He had a ton to prove before getting to that point.

On the morning of that fifth game, I said to my girlfriend, "The one thing about our quarterback, he doesn't throw interceptions." I remember this because we were going to buy her a car that day. When we got to the dealership, the game was on TV, and they were showing 3 INT's already early in the game. And my girlfriend, who knows jack **** about football and cares even less, was like, "I thought your quarterback didn't throw interceptions."

30 seconds later...

25014143-ein-demolierter-porsche-taycan-turbo-s-steht-in-der-glasfront-eines-porsche-haendlers-2xMA5agx4Jec.jpg

Let's make this really simple.

For those who paid attention to how and where TVD threw the ball last year...we could absolutely DESTROY teams with a big, tall WR who can go up and high-point the ball and come down with it.

All this "but what's his 40 time" misses the point completely. We've got plenty of WRs and RBs who can catch 5 yard passes and be off to the races. But we need a different kind of WR that we don't really have on the roster right now.

Take this Lackawanna kid and then we roll with the WR room we have. We are **** close to 85 and ICs no longer apply. Maybe we'll lose a couple of kids in August, maybe we'll find a couple of grad-transfer gems this summer. We are pretty close to being done for 2022, though everything is still written in pencil until mid-August.

Has Mario gone over and talked to the basketball team?

Women will embarrass the **** out of a man.

With so little effort!

Advertisement
Man you should have been watching the game instead of trying to keep the booty by buying her a car.

Advertisement
He was too busy using drugs here

Dude, Mario is going to be checking out sand volleyball games all over campus (like it's the set of Top Gun) looking for talent...

That man is relentless...

Yeah, I live in NW Florida, and he was going door to door looking for the monstrous neighborhood kid we call "Lurch," and the other kid nicknamed, "Assassin" that lived on the backside of the block.

Neighborhood rumor is they both have a lot of Denisovan DNA. Butt ugly, too!

Advertisement
Back