Transfer Portal watch

If I were president I’d fix the whole transfer portal/NIL thing by doing the following.

1. Can only transfer without penalty for family reasons or if your head coach leaves or is fired. Would be open to expanding this to position coach or just Coordinator too.

2. As a freshman, You have to attend a school for a minimum of one fall season/semester.

3. NIL salary CAP. All P5 schools get the same CAP. Max compensation on what an individual player can earn.

4. Not eligible for NIL until sophomore season. I know when I was 18/19 I was in zero position to be handed $500,000…I would have ended up in a gutter. Or maybe allow everyone to receive it, but freshman have that money held in an account and receive a monthly stipend.

5. Performance incentive. If you earn all conference honors or all American, the amount you can earn as an individual goes up and does not impact your teams salary cap.

6. Mandatory personal finance course, NIL course, and agent course.

It’s great Miami has people like Ruiz, but this stuff is going to hurt the ACC. What other ACC schools are making a big commitment to NIL? It’s going to weaken the conference which negatively impacts Miami.
Nerd.

Advertisement
@Cribby @1murhurricane @Brooklyndee @LeedsCane

I saw in the other thread that we're down to 1 WR and all in on him, but name TBA once his program uploads it onto the portal. Fingers crossed!

Do you expect any inbound portalers in addition to this potential WR, beyond possibly Coleman later this summer? Another LB or OT for example? The lack of an OT portal, especially, surprises me.

Also, we need to get down to 85. Should we expect any more names entering the portal from the current roster? I'm truly shocked at how quiet it has been on that front.

So the guy I'm thinking of isn't from FL, is really fast, and reminds me of a classic kind of candy....with 3 years of eligibility remaining.

Advertisement
If I were president I’d fix the whole transfer portal/NIL thing by doing the following.

1. Can only transfer without penalty for family reasons or if your head coach leaves or is fired. Would be open to expanding this to position coach or just Coordinator too.

2. As a freshman, You have to attend a school for a minimum of one fall season/semester.

3. NIL salary CAP. All P5 schools get the same CAP. Max compensation on what an individual player can earn.

4. Not eligible for NIL until sophomore season. I know when I was 18/19 I was in zero position to be handed $500,000…I would have ended up in a gutter. Or maybe allow everyone to receive it, but freshman have that money held in an account and receive a monthly stipend.

5. Performance incentive. If you earn all conference honors or all American, the amount you can earn as an individual goes up and does not impact your teams salary cap.

6. Mandatory personal finance course, NIL course, and agent course.

It’s great Miami has people like Ruiz, but this stuff is going to hurt the ACC. What other ACC schools are making a big commitment to NIL? It’s going to weaken the conference which negatively impacts Miami.
If you are going to put a "salary cap" it's best to do it for a player not team. So a maximum a player can get not a team because then there will be like 20 players that have NIL and like 65 scholarship players or more that can't even get a small one.

But even that would be very anti capitalism and anti American. Dictating how much a private business can pay of its own money is not a good look.

If it was the schools paying than a salary cap can definitely be enforced similar to pro sports. But since it is businesses it is the equivalent of the NBA telling Nike you can only pay LeBron this much.

Advertisement
If you are going to put a "salary cap" it's best to do it for a player not team. So a maximum a player can get not a team because then there will be like 20 players that have NIL and like 65 scholarship players or more that can't even get a small one.

But even that would be very anti capitalism and anti American. Dictating how much a private business can pay of its own money is not a good look.

If it was the schools paying than a salary cap can definitely be enforced similar to pro sports. But since it is businesses it is the equivalent of the NBA telling Nike you can only pay LeBron this much.
I was saying have a cap what each player can earn and a team cap as well.

I get what you’re saying. Definitely don’t want to be anti-capitalist (not sarcasm), but some regulations need to be put into place.

Immensely. Jackson may be better than LT, too.
No DT on this team is better than LT! Don’t Eva say that again
calm down al pacino GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back