Transfer Portal watch

ASU LB looks pretty close to great. I would take him, Caleb, and tamper the **** out of Mikel, whatever it takes.
The ASU guy isn’t a Mike though and he might not come here. Mikel isn’t in the portal.

Point being, you don’t pass on something good because something great might happen later. They are taking Caleb because he is an upgrade. If Mikel enters the portal, they will offer him too.

Advertisement
The ASU guy isn’t a Mike though and he might not come here. Mikel isn’t in the portal.

Point being, you don’t pass on something good because something great might happen later. They are taking Caleb because he is an upgrade. If Mikel enters the portal, they will offer him too.

They SHOULD take Caleb, I said as much. But they shouldn’t JUST take Caleb.

Chase and Blissainthe are the only LB who belong at Miami. The whole rest of that room needs an overhaul

They SHOULD take Caleb, I said as much. But they shouldn’t JUST take Caleb.

Chase and Blissainthe are the only LB who belong at Miami. The whole rest of that room needs an overhaul
I agree. I don’t think they are done if more LB’s enter the portal. I was responding to people questioning why we would take Caleb Jonson now.

Advertisement
Need Gattis to earn the check and get him ready. He gives us a physicality in space and with YAC opportunities that we don’t have elsewhere. I don’t want him to be a gadget player
Gattis said he got to work right away after he was officially on Mario’s staff. He’s already earning his check. He’s an established coach with an impressive resume. I think Miami fans need to trust the staff Mario has assembled . Talent acquisition and developing that talent is important to Mario and his staff. He made it clear in that first press conference after he was officially hired.

Syracuse 247 writer posted on Canes board:

Hey all, I cover the Syracuse site. For what it’s worth, I haven’t heard anything to indicate that is happening. And if it does, my understanding is that it would catch basically everyone in the program off-guard.

Mikel, a captain last year, has spoken as a leader looking ahead to 2022 and others have spoken of him in that light. He said last month that he thinks SU can have the best linebacker trio in the country.

I’ve seen too much happen around CFB to truly be shocked by anything. But this would be as surprising a departure that I can remember in my decade covering the team.

He told his 247 members that he spoke to someone with direct knowledge and was assured he wasn't entering the portal.

Syracuse 247 writer posted on Canes board:

Hey all, I cover the Syracuse site. For what it’s worth, I haven’t heard anything to indicate that is happening. And if it does, my understanding is that it would catch basically everyone in the program off-guard.

Mikel, a captain last year, has spoken as a leader looking ahead to 2022 and others have spoken of him in that light. He said last month that he thinks SU can have the best linebacker trio in the country.

I’ve seen too much happen around CFB to truly be shocked by anything. But this would be as surprising a departure that I can remember in my decade covering the team.

He told his 247 members that he spoke to someone with direct knowledge and was assured he wasn't entering the portal.
He could‘ve talked to Mikel himself over the last 3-4 months and he’d came away with “ nothing would surprise me”. That would be getting info from the actual source. I’ll just wait another 7-10 days to see what’s decided. Actually he’d be a graduate so I don’t think he has to even do it then. Regardless there’s only two options.

Advertisement
Below is a list of players that I do NOT want to leave the program, but I would understand why they would leave for more playing time or greater NIL benefits:

1. Miller
2. JHH
3. Roberts
4. K. Smith (if we bring in 2 portal LBs)
5. Balom (losing reps to Blades)
6. Key (if we bring in a #1 WR...Restrepo and George have outperformed him with Brinson in the shadows)
7. Knighton (I know...why would he be on this list...but there are only so many carries per game and the backfield is loaded)
8. Campbell

There are other more likely transfer candidates on the roster. No doubt. But, these players have higher market values and would hurt depth. They are experienced and played well when given limited opportunities in the past. That makes them targets for back-door dealings with teams offering immediate playing time.

I hope most (if not all) decide to stay.
Let them all leave if we‘re better getting replacements

Gattis said he got to work right away after he was officially on Mario’s staff. He’s already earning his check. He’s an established coach with an impressive resume. I think Miami fans need to trust the staff Mario has assembled . Talent acquisition and developing that talent is important to Mario and his staff. He made it clear in that first press conference after he was officially hired.
This is well and good and I do believe he is a good coach. Brashard should be a WR coach’s dream. I would like to see him get Smith prepared to be a contributor this year is all I’m saying

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back