Transfer Portal watch

eddie murphy film GIF

Advertisement
Is Mims officially in the portal yet? Maybe it’s just me, but it seems a bit fishy we’re linked (AND it’s being put out) to a player not yet in the portal. I know there are always back channels for getting players who enter, but I wouldn’t be surprised at all if this kid commits to Miami and we start hearing things about tampering…. I may be paranoid, but with so much positivity going on with the program… Well see what happens though. The first and most important step is him entering the portal first. This kid is a massive need.

Is Mims officially in the portal yet? Maybe it’s just me, but it seems a bit fishy we’re linked (AND it’s being put out) to a player not yet in the portal. I know there are always back channels for getting players who enter, but I wouldn’t be surprised at all if this kid commits to Miami and we start hearing things about tampering…. I may be paranoid, but with so much positivity going on with the program… Well see what happens though. The first and most important step is him entering the portal first. This kid is a massive need.
I agree that it’s a bit fishy but that’s how CFB is these days and I k is everybody on this board would be losing there mind if this was happening to us. If you wait till they officially enter the portal you are behind on getting them.

I agree that it’s a bit fishy but that’s how CFB is these days and I k is everybody on this board would be losing there mind if this was happening to us. If you wait till they officially enter the portal you are behind on getting them.
Oh, I agree, I just don’t recall seeing other Schools being named like we have. But it is what it is. Hopefully Mims coming to Miami comes to fruition. We need him.

Advertisement
The naysayers are making it seem like this was leaked by UM or CIS insiders. It’s the UGA folks who leaked this. Why would they lie or leak baseless info? Lol. Especially Rusty Mansell. He’s got nothing to gain by posting info that has holes in it. This isn’t a “Justin Flowe” situation where **** is just being thrown against the wall by people who are just guessing.

Advertisement
You can corroborate this with people in this board as well, @Coach Macho being one. I also know a few folks that are consistently at practices.

Literally have had multiple people tell me George is our #1.

Same people told me Worsham is healthy and a Gattis type player.

And we all know X.

Smith is struggling with the offense but he’s the perfect t player for a Gattis offense. You fix him and he’s an all American.

I don't think the talent is being questioned as much as the consistency. We have also heard reports of multiple receivers having issue catching the ball.

The message Johnson’s gotten from Strong is simple: That they want him at MLB and that he can have a huge impact in his last year of eligibility and then move on and be a high NFL draft pick.

“Coach Strong, he says they definitely need me, said just see what’s going on yourself, come down and see a practice,” Johnson said. “They stressed to me their need for linebackers is huge.”

Can we stop sugar coating the problem at MLB now please? We've got some good LBs, but we are lacking an ACCCG Mike.

Advertisement
An o-line of the 5 dogs could mess around and be our best group in over a decade

LT- Zion
LG- Rivers
C- Clark
RG- Sagapulu
RT- Mims

Not quite a decade. September 2013 depth chart:
  • LT – Ereck Flowers, Seantrel Henderson
  • LG – Jon Feliciano, Malcolm Bunche
  • C – Jared Wheeler OR Shane McDermott
  • RG – Brandon Linder, Alex Gall
  • RT – Seantrel Henderson, Taylor Gadbois

Last edited:
At tackle but I think if fair to say he is not a very good guard.

I've been critical of coaches misusing Scaife. But, respectfully, I think he's a very valuable member of the team. He's a quality guard and a decent tackle too. But he's not dominant, at least he hasn't been to date. His best spot is Center, I think. Would like to see him as the starter over Clark there, tbh.

Advertisement
At tackle but I think if fair to say he is not a very good guard.
His skillset has always been better suited for tackle. Yes he’s only 6’3 but he has very long arms with great feet. That bodes well for a tackle dealing with athletic edge rushers more so than guard. I laughed At the notion years ago with people saying he would be a better guard than tackle

The d won the scrimmage before yesterday and that’s with no TS , Porter and others. A defense that’s very thin and needing help. Very much outgunned in talent / numbers.

X has been the most consistent. George made some great catches but still isn’t consistent.

Getting separation has been an issue for the group as well. Even on most of JG’s great catches the cb is in his pocket.

Out of the entire wr core you’ve mentioned a few guys. With only a couple of them being somewhat productive. Guys could step up in fall but we still need another guy imo.

Luckily the te group is stacked , Arroyo , Mallory and Skinner should be a big part of the o.
Sure but this does not equal “mid”.

They’re adjusting to a new defensive philosophy that favors physicality after practicing against a very soft no touch no tackle defense for two years. A defense that plays WAAAY more man.

Adjusting =\= mid.

Sure but this does not equal “mid”.

They’re adjusting to a new defensive philosophy that favors physicality after practicing against a very soft no touch no tackle defense for two years. A defense that plays WAAAY more man.

Adjusting =\= mid.
Which had trouble getting separation this spring , that’s concerning when your number one cb was probably ivey. Take that as you will. I’m not taking much from spring because all the moving pieces and people missing. But that’s one area that’s concerning. We have a few solid guys and getting Brinson back will be huge but I’d feel a lot better if we had an older , more proven guy to take some pressure off a inexperienced group. A consistent , reliable guy outside.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back