Transfer Portal watch

Miami actually has better tackles from a pass blocking perspective than Alabama right now. Opposite Neal last year they were not good. Almost got them beat in the Auburn game as they were constantly in Young's face. Now Neal is gone to NFL.

Steen wouldn't walk into a starting spot at tackle here. He also probably wants to play LT since that is where you get paid and drafted higher in the NFL.

10. ZION NELSON, MIAMI HURRICANES

Nelson’s return to The U is fantastic news for quarterback Tyler Van Dyke because the 6-foot-5, 316-pound tackle has developed into one of the best pass-protectors in the country. From Week 4 on in 2021, Nelson allowed just six pressures in nine games en route to a 91.6 pass-block grade that led all Power Five tackles.
I thought it was understood that it is RT that is up for grabs?

Advertisement
Not trying to be critical, but MonstaX and the Facebook page are not great sources. On this board, people bring in a wide variety of voices, plus we have a bunch of "homegrown" experts who are much closer to the source of information and are much more reliable.

Good lord, I remember that one guy on the FB page who kept screaming about how we should dump TVD and take the Oklahoma transfer instead. This was just a few months ago.
Yeah that's pretty much why I signed on here big dog!

Holy sheeeeit, I don't think I've ever heard "Bloomingdale HS" and "football success" used in the same sentence. Kid's family couldn't find a mobile home to rent in the Armwood school district?
They put together like 3 good seasons. Bloomingdale actually went 12-2 the year Hall was there and beat Armwood lol

They put together like 3 good seasons. Bloomingdale actually went 12-2 the year Hall was there and beat Armwood lol

Fair enough. I'm from Orlando, I'm just being honest. I know all the good football schools in the I-4 corridor, and I've never heard of Bloomingdale for football.

Although you have to love this, Wikipedia is undefeated:
1649265371399.png

Hall might be a head case but he looked really good in the Bama spring game last year. They had him crowned as the 2nd coming!

Advertisement
VIP: Two more transfers are taking official visits to Miami this weekend.

It's a big week of transfers for Miami with the Hurricanes currently hosting Jacksonville State defensive end DJ Coleman for an official visit.

The FCS All-American won't be the only transfer in Coral Gables this week, though. InsideTheU learned on Wednesday that Miami will also bring in former West Virginia defensive lineman Akheem Mesidor and former USC kicker Parker Lewis in for official visits beginning on Friday.

Mesidor, one of the more talented players currently available in the transfer portal, was a freshman All-American for the Mountaineers. Mesidor was a second-team all-Big 12 pick and earned several freshman All-America accolades in 2020, racking up 32 tackles, 6.5 tackles for a loss and a team-high five sacks in 10 games. He earned honorable mention all-Big 12 honors in 2021 after he recorded 38 tackles, eight tackles for a loss and 4.5 sacks. Auburn, Tennessee, and USC have expressed interest in the 6-foot-2, 272-pound Canadian.

Lewis, a 6-foot-3, 205-pound Arizona native, led the Pac-12 in field goals in 2021 and had a career-high 77.3 field goal completion percentage with a long of 52-yards. The second-year freshman finished 5-5 from 20-29, 7-8 from 30-39, 4-6 from 40-49, and 1-3 from 50-59. He was also 23-24 on extra points.

Lewis was also ejected from the Stanford game last year after being called for targeting on the opening kickoff.

Miami kicker Andres Borregales hit on 81 percent of his field goals and finished the season with 17 field goals as well in his true freshman campaign with a long of 55-yards.

Checking in with sources, if Lewis were to pick the Hurricanes it would be compete with Borregales given that some believe Lewis has an NFL leg.

Advertisement
Fair enough. I'm from Orlando, I'm just being honest. I know all the good football schools in the I-4 corridor, and I've never heard of Bloomingdale for football.

Although you have to love this, Wikipedia is undefeated:
View attachment 181184
The influx of people moving has Bloomingdale in a good spot. But there a good number of new schools. I've got 2 playing at a small charter in the same area.

Wow could be great pickups as stopgap players with Coleman and the WVU kid prior to Mario getting some stud recruits

I've disliked Saban on so many levels for a long time. But you can't deny he doesn't suffer fools. The difference between Saban and guys like Urban Meyer or Lane Kiffin is they all bring in talent regardless of character, but whereas the other two look the other way, Saban won't accept anything that disrupts the team once the kid hits campus. And he'll boot the kid to make a point.

Advertisement
VIP: Two more transfers are taking official visits to Miami this weekend.

It's a big week of transfers for Miami with the Hurricanes currently hosting Jacksonville State defensive end DJ Coleman for an official visit. The FCS All-American won't be the only transfer in Coral Gables this week, though. InsideTheU learned on Wednesday that Miami will also bring in former West Virginia defensive lineman Akheem Mesidor and former USC kicker Parker Lewis in for official visits beginning on Friday.

Lewis, a 6-foot-3, 205-pound Arizona native, led the Pac-12 in field goals in 2021 and had a career-high 77.3 field goal completion percentage with a long of 52-yards. The second-year freshman finished 5-5 from 20-29, 7-8 from 30-39, 4-6 from 40-49, and 1-3 from 50-59. He was also 23-24 on extra points.

Lewis was also ejected from the Stanford game last year after being called for targeting on the opening kickoff.

If we sign Parker Lewis we can't lose.

I've disliked Saban on so many levels for a long time. But you can't deny he doesn't suffer fools. The difference between Saban and guys like Urban Meyer or Lane Kiffin is they all bring in talent regardless of character, but whereas the other two look the other way, Saban won't accept anything that disrupts the team once the kid hits campus. And he'll boot the kid to make a point.
easy to boot kids when you have 3 5 star behind them.

The others dont usually have the stack rosters he has so its a bit leeway...plus URB just dont care.

Lets see the list of the booted though... he aint run a tight ship at msu or lsu..

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back