Transfer Portal watch

Advertisement
Chris Murray

It seems like dude had no direction. He was going to a FCS for a year then transfer up? That was bold. He should have went juco or might as well went to his local community college then transfer to Miami.

Its uncanny the amount of bust flameouts they produced as a big time program at Armwood.

I remember when i first was following recruiting on grassy might of been my sr year of high school or freshman year of college they had a kid a db/wr Chris Williams or something like that that committed to us but decommitted quickly..he flamed out to.

anyone can remember him or those guys from armwood then... @DMoney
Seems to me a lot entitlement with kids from their program. Guys that think they are the goods and then don't like being pushed when they get to college.

Advertisement
Bryan Cowart is still hanging around in the league but even he a very underwhelming college career bouncing from Auburn to Maryland after being #3 in the nation coming out of HS

Jerome Ford looks to be another one to make it. Crazy how high the bust percentage is

Hopefully they don’t.
@htownkidd can I get an answer? I'm curious what I missed on the kid?

Honestly I can't get a straight answer on quality OL in the portal. I brought up Tyler Steen to Canes fans outside of CIS but in the know and they were anti-Steen but it seems like in here he would be a take...🤷‍♂️

Looks like he hit the portal
View attachment 181108
Had a coach HS who was involved in his recruiting tell me they sold him and his family on development, championships and their success having their WR drafted high in the NFL. Kid performed well in their spring game last year, didn't play as much as he felt he should have, felt he should be a starter. Haven't seen coach since then, but I'm sure they gave him no assurances so he bounced IMO.

Advertisement
I believe for sure.

And IDK on this kid. I saw him at Armwood, he was good, but not insane, for whatever reason I feel like any kid from the Armwood area busts at a high level. He was also tweeting out he was quitting after a mid-season game against Miss St. I believe. Like come on guy, you were a top 100 player but a TF and you expected to start over the guys in front of you and when you didn't you were contemplating taking your ball and going hom?
Not sure what HS he started at but he played for Bloomingdale HS in the Brandon/Valrico area. Bloomingdale never been a factor in Hillsborough County.

@htownkidd can I get an answer? I'm curious what I missed on the kid?

Honestly I can't get a straight answer on quality OL in the portal. I brought up Tyler Steen to Canes fans outside of CIS but in the know and they were anti-Steen but it seems like in here he would be a take...🤷‍♂️

My bad. As you see one post after yours, kid has played 1 game in 3 years and according to UT fans, he did not love football. If you can’t play one snap on a terrible 5-7 Texas team, then not really sure what good he would be here.

My bad. As you see one post after yours, kid has played 1 game in 3 years and according to UT fans, he did not love football. If you can’t play one snap on a terrible 5-7 Texas team, then not really sure what good he would be here.
I did not see that, my fault. Thanks for the response and sorry for the trouble

Advertisement
I guess Im just out the loop when it comes to the transfer portal, or I don't know what constitutes as quality talent in the transfer portal. I run a Canes Football page on FB and I brought up Tyler Steen in there and Xavier Person better known as MonstaX or TerminatorX on Twitter was saying he wasn't a take either cause Steen was sorry even though he has like 60 starts in the SEC at right and left tackle. So...I give up lol

Last edited:
I guess Im just out the loop when it comes to the transfer portal, or I don't know what constitutes as quality talent in the transfer portal. I run a Canes Football Football page on FB and I brought up Tyler Steen in there and Xavier Person better known as MonstaX or TerminatorX on Twitter was saying he wasn't a take either cause Steen was sorry even though he has like 60 starts in the SEC at right and left tackle. So...I give up lol
First mistake is listening to that guy

Advertisement
I guess Im just out the loop when it comes to the transfer portal, or I don't know what constitutes as quality talent in the transfer portal. I run a Canes Football page on FB and I brought up Tyler Steen in there and Xavier Person better known as MonstaX or TerminatorX on Twitter was saying he wasn't a take either cause Steen was sorry even though he has like 60 starts in the SEC at right and left tackle. So...I give up lol

Yeah, nah lol. Steen would have walked into a starting spot here. He is about to commit to Bama any moment now.

Not sure what HS he started at but he played for Bloomingdale HS in the Brandon/Valrico area. Bloomingdale never been a factor in Hillsborough County.

Holy sheeeeit, I don't think I've ever heard "Bloomingdale HS" and "football success" used in the same sentence. Kid's family couldn't find a mobile home to rent in the Armwood school district?

Not trying to be critical, but MonstaX and the Facebook page are not great sources. On this board, people bring in a wide variety of voices, plus we have a bunch of "homegrown" experts who are much closer to the source of information and are much more reliable.

Good lord, I remember that one guy on the FB page who kept screaming about how we should dump TVD and take the Oklahoma transfer instead. This was just a few months ago.

Yeah, nah lol. Steen would have walked into a starting spot here. He is about to commit to Bama any moment now.
Miami actually has better tackles from a pass blocking perspective than Alabama right now. Opposite Neal last year they were not good. Almost got them beat in the Auburn game as they were constantly in Young's face. Now Neal is gone to NFL.

Steen wouldn't walk into a starting spot at tackle here. He also probably wants to play LT since that is where you get paid and drafted higher in the NFL.

10. ZION NELSON, MIAMI HURRICANES

Nelson’s return to The U is fantastic news for quarterback Tyler Van Dyke because the 6-foot-5, 316-pound tackle has developed into one of the best pass-protectors in the country. From Week 4 on in 2021, Nelson allowed just six pressures in nine games en route to a 91.6 pass-block grade that led all Power Five tackles.

Advertisement
Back