Transfer Portal watch

Advertisement
1646925028571.png

O. Prime - Georgia - Defensive End - Freshman

Last edited:
Advertisement
Remember seeing something about this a few weeks back from @TheOriginalCane. Any inside info or was MJJ not enrolling something you happened to notice?

Keep in mind, I didn't say anything definitive, I just pointed out that MJJ has not even enrolled yet, and that he couldn't possibly be "homesick" yet. Kid is in Broward, not Athens.

Now, if people (like his own brother) are tweeting things like "you can live with me", then people are free to speculate and hypothesize. I like to stick to facts. Like the fact that if MJJ were to enroll at Miami this June, he would need to get a release from his LOI. That's a fact.

Plausible deniability disclaimer activated.
1646925440176.png

Keep in mind, I didn't say anything definitive, I just pointed out that MJJ has not even enrolled yet, and that he couldn't possibly be "homesick" yet. Kid is in Broward, not Athens.

Now, if people (like his own brother) are tweeting things like "you can live with me", then people are free to speculate and hypothesize. I like to stick to facts. Like the fact that if MJJ were to enroll at Miami this June, he would need to get a release from his LOI. That's a fact.

Plausible deniability disclaimer activated.
View attachment 179369
This use of facts may catch on here… could be a game changer… 😎

Or whose English is worse than the guy running a West African e-mail scheme.

Are you attaching all West Africans to your e-mail scheme or do you have a specific person or country in mind?
Read it again. If you are being honest and not just working overtime to try and stir **** up, I think you'll find I am not "attaching" anything or anyone... other than whoever happens to be running the e-mail scheme (whether it's the supposed prince of Nigeria or some other scammer).

Advertisement
Nah, he could bounce from UGa a week after enrollment. He doesn't have to stay.
Isnt this kind of what got Isiah Walker here? He was actually at UF as an EE and then changed his mind and transferred to UM in the Summer.

So to your point, its not out of the range of possibility for MJJ to be enrolled and then back out within weeks/months.

That said, this is a pipe dream at best as of this season. What we hope is that he goes to UGA, gets homesick or finds out that Kirby is a liar..and then comes home for 2023. Lets hold a good thought on that scenario.

Isnt this kind of what got Isiah Walker here? He was actually at UF as an EE and then changed his mind and transferred to UM in the Summer.

So to your point, its not out of the range of possibility for MJJ to be enrolled and then back out within weeks/months.

That said, this is a pipe dream at best as of this season. What we hope is that he goes to UGA, gets homesick or finds out that Kirby is a liar..and then comes home for 2023. Lets hold a good thought on that scenario.

Yes. The real issue that comes into play (under the newer rules) is that if a school is convinced that a kid is unhappy with his decision and wants to go elsewhere, they would be able to save the IC and use it on a transfer or a next-year recruit if they release a kid from the LOI prior to enrollment. If they try to strong-arm the kid into enrolling and then he leaves after a week or a month, they have burned that IC slot.

I mean, if we just holding out why can't we hold out for a BETTER scenario, one where he is not enrolled yet, still home, sees what is happening at UM, his brother just came here, we have new NIL opportunities, he is second guessing his decision, one of his main recruiters (Addae) is now here and tells UGA "let me out of my LOI or the second I enroll I am transferring" and UGA has a choice to release him now or lose him AND an IC a week or two later.

Advertisement
That the way the rules read now? He can bounce ... but only once then has to stay wherever he bounces TO for a year?

Yes, you get "one free transfer" now, meaning you are immediately eligible to play without sitting out for a year after transferring. A SECOND undergrad transfer would be subject to the one-year sit-out UNLESS you got a waiver (might be a lot tougher now under the new rules, but before the rules changed the NCAA was veeeeeerrrrrry liberal on waivers) or you were a grad-transfer.

I mean, if we just holding out why can't we hold out for a BETTER scenario, one where he is not enrolled yet, still home, sees what is happening at UM, his brother just came here, we have new NIL opportunities, he is second guessing his decision, one of his main recruiters (Addae) is now here and tells UGA "let me out of my LOI or the second I enroll I am transferring" and UGA has a choice to release him now or lose him AND an IC a week or two later.
Lol. I agree, but for now, lets be honest..Outside of a "Come home with me" (paraphrasing) tweet by Daryl Porter Jr to him..and some CIS rumor..this has ZERO legs as of now. Things can change moving forward. If he comes on campus at any point during Spring to check out practice or "look around"..then we are in business..Until then, meh.

Advertisement
Lol. I agree, but for now, lets be honest..Outside of a "Come home with me" (paraphrasing) tweet by Daryl Porter Jr to him..and some CIS rumor..this has ZERO legs as of now. Things can change moving forward. If he comes on campus at any point during Spring to check out practice or "look around"..then we are in business..Until then, meh.
Agree. But if we hoping i'm finna hope big.

Yes, you get "one free transfer" now, meaning you are immediately eligible to play without sitting out for a year after transferring. A SECOND undergrad transfer would be subject to the one-year sit-out UNLESS you got a waiver (might be a lot tougher now under the new rules, but before the rules changed the NCAA was veeeeeerrrrrry liberal on waivers) or you were a grad-transfer.
That the way the rules read now? He can bounce ... but only once then has to stay wherever he bounces TO for a year?

And obviously timing too. Clearly a kid cannot transfer mid season and walk onto his new team and finish with a different team. It aint like free agents or trades in the NFL.

I thought there were extenuating circumstances with Walker where it was just the responsible thing to do for UF?

Advertisement
Back