Transfer Portal watch

Still disagree on Portal mismanagement. We ain't FSU. We don't need 10+ out of the portal right now. Maybe 4-5 more after Spring attrition.
We don't need 10 but we NEED at least 1 at multiple spots. Unless Ivey and Flagg are suitable to you.

Advertisement
We don't need 10 but we NEED at least 1 at multiple spots. Unless Ivey and Flagg are suitable to you.
It isn't down to just Ivey and Flagg. That's my point. There are young guys that may not have even seen the field in 2021 who emerge. We don't need to automatically think Portal especially after we know Diaz was playing upper classmen and favs as priorities.

Everyone is so enamored by the "Portal." Yes, there are some great players. There's also a bunch of guys that aren't any better than what's already on the roster.

As soon as we loose a player to graduation, NFL, or transfer, a lot of our fans automatically look for the portal. We have younger players that can develop into great players. We need to see what we have not just assume what a player is based on the previous year. What fan thought TVD would turn out to be who he is 2 years ago or even after Spring ball.

I like Mario's approach of closing out the recruiting cycle and getting thru Spring ball to see what he has instead of filling up his entire class with portal transfers.

By waiting, he can see who transfers out, who has season ending injuries, and who emerges out of the depth charts as a starter or significant contributor.
Well stated. All else being equal, get them in young, coach 'em up, keep 'em happy, and have them play out at the U start to finish is the goal. The Portal is a way to backfill any shortcomings or setbacks in the above approach.

EDIT: now that I say that out loud, sounds a lot like strategy to use with women, too, lol

Last edited:
Macho has already brought up one DL from Oregon, but Miami would get involved with two former LBs from area originally. One being ACC and another Big 10. Likely after spring if they decide to make the jump to portal. Big 10 linebacker even more likely as ACC linebacker more grounded where he is at, but not out of the question to happen.
Hmm…I’m having trouble guessing the LB options

Advertisement
Advertisement
All bets are off until he’s in portal, it is same case for Dorlus from Oregon as Macho mentioned. There are back channels and lot of schools use them through prior coaches of kids, but no direct contact allowed without entering portal.
UF was doing this exact thing trying to recruit freshmen we had this year.

Advertisement
I think Mario may have been the right hire but Lane was my pick.

Lane gets sh1tted on alot but dude has had alot of success in his last 3 stops.
I think most fans would have been happy with either. Which means we were willing to pay big boy money and we did which was a step in the right direction.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back