Transfer Portal watch

Advertisement
Lane was my pick the whole time.

Dude would have had us rockin n rollin offensively and finally aligning ourselves as the villain. Instead of the tip toe fake academia act the admin wants us to be so bad
Just going to leave this right here.....but but Lane can't recruit....

https://247sports.com/Season/2022-Football/TransferTeamRankings/
826C76FF-87DF-41FD-A854-74A2FDECCD0A.jpeg

Advertisement
Advertisement
We will have to pray that the second wave of portal kids will be 1/2 as good than this one. It was a total mismanagement of the Portal.
Total mismanagement? We got an interior OL, a DL, and a WR. Huge needs. We got a RB as well. More will come in spring. I would have liked a LB but to call it total mismanagement is wild.

Mario said entire class may only be around 18 based on numbers. We signed 10 in the early period. Plus 4 transfers, then Cooper, McCoy, Moten and they have to leave room in case Shemar, Iuli or Citizen come. You do the math.

Macho has already brought up one DL from Oregon, but Miami would get involved with two former LBs from area originally. One being ACC and another Big 10. Likely after spring if they decide to make the jump to portal. Big 10 linebacker even more likely as ACC linebacker more grounded where he is at, but not out of the question to happen.

Lane is killing it in the portal. Looking forward to seeing what kind of year Ole Miss will have.

He failed against his opponents in HS recruiting this year, they are only 10th out of 13 (I don't count Vandy lol) in the SEC recruiting rankings after their smoke-and-mirrors double digit win season. He HAS to portal hard.

He failed against his opponents in HS recruiting this year, they are only 10th out of 13 (I don't count Vandy lol) in the SEC recruiting rankings after their smoke-and-mirrors double digit win season. He HAS to portal hard.
He lost ALOT of seniors and maybe he felt that the transfer portal was the best way to address his roster composition.

Not a good idea to replace alot of old guys with alot of young guys. It seems smarter to me to hit the portal hard, especially with the talent available, then to force young guys to play early in the SEC west(best division in cfb).

Advertisement
We will have to pray that the second wave of portal kids will be 1/2 as good than this one. It was a total mismanagement of the Portal.
No. Mario made it clear he would be adding more from the portal after the Spring. He said that in like the first few weeks at UM. It's has always been in his plan.

He lost ALOT of seniors and maybe he felt that the transfer portal was the best way to address his roster composition.

Not a good idea to replace alot of old guys with alot of young guys. It seems smarter to me to hit the portal hard, especially with the talent available, then to force young guys to play early in the SEC west(best division in cfb).

He lost a lot of battles for HS kids though and took a good amount of dead HS weight so I don't think its a USC type deal.

Advertisement
Everyone is so enamored by the "Portal." Yes, there are some great players. There's also a bunch of guys that aren't any better than what's already on the roster.

As soon as we loose a player to graduation, NFL, or transfer, a lot of our fans automatically look for the portal. We have younger players that can develop into great players. We need to see what we have not just assume what a player is based on the previous year. What fan thought TVD would turn out to be who he is 2 years ago or even after Spring ball.

I like Mario's approach of closing out the recruiting cycle and getting thru Spring ball to see what he has instead of filling up his entire class with portal transfers.

By waiting, he can see who transfers out, who has season ending injuries, and who emerges out of the depth charts as a starter or significant contributor.

That's why I say "second wave of portal" hoping that it is at least 1/2 as good as this one.
You also said, "it was a total mismanagement of the Portal", which is what I disagree with. See my other comment in this thread.

You also said, "it was a total mismanagement of the Portal", which is what I disagree with. See my other comment in this thread.
Maybe the word total can be removed and the comment still valid.

Advertisement
Back