Transfer Portal watch

Advertisement
That culture shock gon be crazy tho. Imagine going from walking around LA to being in Mississippi.
Not as much as you'd initially think. These cats aren't too far removed from being in Utah and Polk County respectively. Maybe with Dart because he's changing regions but like I said, kid's from Utah not Vegas. Not exactly a fast-paced lifestyle there in LDS Land. Trigg should be just fine, he's already from the South. He's probably looking at it like back to the country for a couple years then big city livin' resumes when I'm a pro...

Advertisement

It’s only 1 cb, but

Joe Dirt GIF by MOODMAN

Miami has done okay in the portal so far but not as well as i thought they would. Hopefully, the second wave of kids has some really good players.

Miami has done okay in the portal so far but not as well as i thought they would. Hopefully, the second wave of kids has some really good players.
Agreed. I also think Mario's been super selective with the portal and would rather build with 18 year old freshman he can mold. He's also probably still assessing the quality of talent on our roster and he's mentioned numerous times since taking the Miami job this is a rebuild to get back to the top.

Advertisement
Agreed. I also think Mario's been super selective with the portal and would rather build with 18 year old freshman he can mold. He's also probably still assessing the quality of talent on our roster and he's mentioned numerous times since taking the Miami job this is a rebuild to get back to the top.
Yeah Mario is not Dabo when it comes to the portal, but he hasn't shown an ability to go after portal guys with same aggression he has with high school kids.

I know he understands this, but now in college football those kids you invested so much in recruiting can up and leave after one year in portal. So portal is vitally important moving forward.

Also one way to really capitalize in the Mario to Miami momentum is to have a good 2022 season. Obvious roster holes than could make that harder that the portal could make easier.

Advertisement
Yeah Mario is not Dabo when it comes to the portal, but he hasn't shown an ability to go after portal guys with same aggression he has with high school kids.

I know he understands this, but now in college football those kids you invested so much in recruiting can up and leave after one year in portal. So portal is vitally important moving forward.

Also one way to really capitalize in the Mario to Miami momentum is to have a good 2022 season. Obvious roster holes than could make that harder that the portal could make easier.
Going to be curious to see if he focuses on the portal after Spring camp (second wave) … me thinks yes

Advertisement
I think Lichtenstein could really help. Big dude. Scott Patchan level at worst IMO.

And I would’ve loved having Patchan this year.
We’ve done okay. Thus far I see quality depth and help but no difference makers. I guess Ladson is an unfinished product because of injuries but hardly a difference maker.

Dorlus is one of a few players that can completely make up for this lackadaisical portal approach thus far, hoping there’s more than just smoke on that front.

Advertisement
Back