Transfer Portal watch

Advertisement
Ok since you keep harping on it..and since @Liberty City El tried ot say it in a smoother way.

Brini wasnt good enough to play here in high school as a fit, He started this year at UGA but it still doesnt matter as he is the same talent wise as the depth guys we would have at his position. Saying he played at UGA doesnt mean much to us....as Lawrence Cager was thrown on his *** from here Jazzy Jeff style and walked over there and became wr1. They arent all world at every position.

WE DONT HAVE A NEED FOR A DB WITH BRINI'S SKILLSET. In my opinion.
I couldn’t resist. Terrific analogy of actual events. We don’t need another tweener. Mario is not going to turn over the entire roster with the portal. It’s not his style. We have a few glaring holes that need filling through the portal. Brini doesn’t do that.

Fresh Prince Jazz GIF by Nick At Nite

my dude transferred back to be 3rd string!. GREAT
They just aired something about this on the local news. He transferred back to be a grad assistant! lol but Dabo talked him into using his final year of eligibility, making him the first player Dabo signed from the portal.

Advertisement
I understood what he was saying. He didn't say it any more smooth than you are. Don't really care about 4 years ago. When he was first recruited we were a 4-3 defense that didn't have a star position/nickel. You talking about Frierson who took a step back and Smith who played LB this year. Not sure why anyone is so confident that some of these players on last year's defense are good to go. The only player who has gotten more snaps at that position is Frierson. If Brini takes the same type of snaps that Carter got I don't see the problem. And if he gets beat by this alleged depth that we have so what? Been pointed out earlier that we have the spots.

Our three current transfers were all part time players. Two of three were guys Miami didn't prioritize the first time around. The third is someone who stays injured. This where we are in terms of talent on the roster.

Cager left on his own when Richt retired from what I remember. Coley was the OC at UGA and Coley was his OC for the first half of his career at Miami. He wasn't thrown out.
-Frierson could take 2 steps back and he still is above Brini talent wise. Did you coach him or have a relationshp with hm?. He definately isnt better tha Smith as a player. We feel confident because we have a pretty solidgroup of young talent at a spot he likely would be used which is SAFETY.
If he gets beat so what?. He would be a waste of a counter...at a spot that we can use better players.
You were here on the board...Cager transferred an no one really even cared. I was one of the few that liked Cager and said he would start there when his reps was about to get took HERE.

Just be real your partial to him because he was a former UGA player or was there?. What skill set do you like about him as a player?. What do you think he can bring to the room?>

I understood what he was saying. He didn't say it any more smooth than you are. Don't really care about 4 years ago. When he was first recruited we were a 4-3 defense that didn't have a star position/nickel. You talking about Frierson who took a step back and Smith who played LB this year. Not sure why anyone is so confident that some of these players on last year's defense are good to go. The only player who has gotten more snaps at that position is Frierson. If Brini takes the same type of snaps that Carter got I don't see the problem. And if he gets beat by this alleged depth that we have so what? Been pointed out earlier that we have the spots.

Our three current transfers were all part time players. Two of three were guys Miami didn't prioritize the first time around. The third is someone who stays injured. This where we are in terms of talent on the roster.

Cager left on his own when Richt retired from what I remember. Coley was the OC at UGA and Coley was his OC for the first half of his career at Miami. He wasn't thrown out.
And then he learned how to catch when he realized he’d get benched for dropping passes

-Frierson could take 2 steps back and he still is above Brini talent wise. Did you coach him or have a relationshp with hm?. He definately isnt better tha Smith as a player. We feel confident because we have a pretty solidgroup of young talent at a spot he likely would be used which is SAFETY.
If he gets beat so what?. He would be a waste of a counter...at a spot that we can use better players.
You were here on the board...Cager transferred an no one really even cared. I was one of the few that liked Cager and said he would start there when his reps was about to get took HERE.

Just be real your partial to him because he was a former UGA player or was there?. What skill set do you like about him as a player?. What do you think he can bring to the room?>
I’m with you man safety is the last position we need a transfer
Most transfers are jags and they transfer bc most think they better than they really are
Mario clearly wants to build through hs recruiting and sprinkle in guys he thinks are immediately impact kind of guys

Advertisement

I don’t know him at at all. He’s not a safety he’s a hybrid player. Georgia didn’t have him roaming the back. He was a slot player and all I see is one guy on the roster who played the spot last year and he wasn’t really good doing it. Maybe that’s all Manny and a better coach gets more out of Frierson. Just not all about a guy who entered his money year with bad weight and got worse in his 4th year.

As far as Brini any player playing that spot with 8 PBUs in a season on the roster? At a minimum he’s around the ball. No one is gonna say Frierson is a space player or understands how to play in coverage. If he isn’t moving forward he’s toast. Brini is certainly gonna be better coached than anybody on the roster at that position.

If we play a striker, we are incredibly thin. It’s Frierson and nobody if we move Chase to LB. If we move JW to striker, we have no backup safeties.

Bring in Brini in as depth. He started 11 games for an elite defense and is fully developed. He’s a better option than Jalen Harrell.

Advertisement
Mario was Brini’s primary recruiter when Mario was at Bama. So if it happens just know the relationship started years ago

If we play a striker, we are incredibly thin. It’s Frierson and nobody if we move Chase to LB. If we move JW to striker, we have no backup safeties.

Bring in Brini in as depth. He started 11 games for an elite defense. He’s a better option than Jalen Harrell.
In that case that means Belk is the DC and he just uses a 3rd safety at Nickel. There isn’t a special name for it.

Advertisement

Bring in Brini in as depth. He started 11 games for an elite defense and is fully developed. He’s a better option than Jalen Harrell.
Balom should be available, right? Do Washington, Dunson or Harrell have any chance to be decent backups?

I don’t get the argument that we are better off with guys like Dunson, Harrell and Keyshawn Washington.

Those guys couldn’t play on a bad defense. Brini started on a great one.
Bro, we don’t lack any depth at safety and Belk uses a nickel back. There isn’t a striker in his D. You would be wasting a spot on a position that isn’t a need.

Advertisement
Back