Transfer Portal watch

Advertisement
Really is this simple
People said Rambo was a meh take last year since he fell off from at OU after a good season. I’d say half the board or more. Ladson is more talented and has potential juat like Rambo. FL has issues with injures. He was a begging burn most of his time at Clemson before injuries or covid.

I like the take because it’s money time for him, it’ll be all business because he knows he’s running out of time , and this is his moment to shine. It’s very low risk with unlimited reward.

Im just going to say it...I think Manny worked the portal better. He was zerod in and stealth on guys. I dont think Mario had to play that game all too much as they were recruiting fits better at his stops from hs kids from BAMA TO oregon.

I think we land some guys, and Mario will adapt to it fast as **** and figure out who to hit. The portal is quick...on elite guys. you have to jump ont hem...there isnt slow plays as the other schools are applying more pressure as well.
Im with you on that, every coach has + and - and many had a lot of negatives but looking back he did two major things, FINALLY bought the spread to miami (Praise to the most high, bless him) and he was one of the first to openly embrace Portal and other coaches saw how we benefitted from that and he changed the game with that, dude was on social media like who we snatching from the portal next, lol.. The big dawgs have hopped in now, seeing how LSU got Burrow and Okla heisman QB were transfers, Bama probably not even make the championship game without Jameson Williams..

Sometimes its not even hopping on guys early because some dudes have whispers BEFORE their name is even officially in the portal and they already locked up once it does. Mario has alot of pluses and maybe more like Dabo with building his roster with high school recruits but if he learned anything from Saban I hope its to be adaptable and embrace change. He better be all over the portal because even the BEST teams have holes and you can improve with the talent thats passing thru..

Im just going to say it...I think Manny worked the portal better. He was zerod in and stealth on guys. I dont think Mario had to play that game all too much as they were recruiting fits better at his stops from hs kids from BAMA TO oregon.

I think we land some guys, and Mario will adapt to it fast as **** and figure out who to hit. The portal is quick...on elite guys. you have to jump ont hem...there isnt slow plays as the other schools are applying more pressure as well.
I think Diaz understood the importance of the Portal quicker than almost anyone else.

Year on year the quality of his portal additions diminished as the rest of the game caught up.

People said Rambo was a meh take last year since he fell off from at OU after a good season. I’d say half the board or more. Ladson is more talented and has potential juat like Rambo. FL has issues with injures. He was a begging burn most of his time at Clemson before injuries or covid.

I like the take because it’s money time for him, it’ll be all business because he knows he’s running out of time , and this is his moment to shine. It’s very low risk with unlimited reward.
Well, if he is coming, no one should mind it...

Advertisement

I like Ladson a lot too, it would be hypocritical to question his health and assume he won't do anything here, while simultaneously laud Phillips' Miami career without alluding to the same injury concerns that surrounded him a few years ago. I also think Moultrie (if he has a spot) can be a very solid addition, as would Parrish; although I will say, Parrish would be somewhat limited in regards to forming a three-headed tandem with Chaney and Knighton (assuming one isn't transferring / they both stay healthy).

I just think (and it's so early in the process, so there's plenty of time) that there's a ton of very talented, skilled players that are in the portal or are rumored to be; guys that we can absolutely sell on early PT and being instant-impact players under a proven coaching staff (minus the coordinators to this point). Plus, a very realistic shot at a conference championship appearance, marquee games @ A&M and Clemson for sure, etc.

Very true about Rambo this time last year. I remember some saying he was at best another Harley type, and that proved to be far from the case

Very true about Rambo this time last year. I remember some saying he was at best another Harley type, and that proved to be far from the case
But those people were likely idiots. Ladson doesn’t seem to be bringing the same type of excitement because he can’t stay healthy. Could be huge get. Could be Burns with all of the wondering what if.

Last edited:
Well we had DJ visit FIRST, and still looks like Auburn, so hometown/💰 (?) greater than 1st. Question is, how high of a priority are some of these guys, in this case DJ.

*Mario's slowly approach may not be as effective in the portal; however, he could come up with someone better. Spitballin', don't want to be prisoner of the moment.

Advertisement
I’m just not convinced we need a back through the portal.
Don and Rooster are an awesome 1-2
I think Thad and Brown are serviceable and with a year in a legit S&C program should be able to provide plenty of support.
I’d rather that we don’t jade Don or Rooster for the sake of Parrish.

I think Thad and Brown are serviceable and with a year in a legit S&C program should be able to provide plenty of support.
im not sold on brown, he seems to lack any kind of explosiveness

Advertisement
If we’re not getting DJ James, we shoulda been all over Dwight McGlothern or Latrell McCutchin.

Both are young guys still with 3 years of eligibility & with terrific speed, high upside & would be starters opposite of Stevenson.

Yes we need trench bullies, but we equally need CB’s just as bad, unless they plan on developing the young guys like Jaden Harris & Chris Graves to be ready to play game 1, otherwise, if they bet the house on Ivey & Couch they’re doing it wrong.

We need & could use a CB, no question about it.
I raise you this thread. Two pages of me defending him.

Advertisement
He was a RB coming out HS at IMG, they moved him to DB because the RB room was overfilled & he only played 1 game at DB because their secondary was overstacked as well.

I do find it interesting that he’s a local GA kid from Warrenton & was essentially sold on early playing time, yet Kirby pretty much gave him the run around & wouldn’t put him on the field.

He would’ve been better off had he signed with Auburn or South Carolina out of HS.
Auburn bagged him and he still signed with Georgia. Young man was getting bad advice.

Mario does , and wants another Hs kid if possible. We’ll likely take two next year

813AE127-EBE9-4E0F-8DAD-DA1420088091.gif

Jesus if we miss on James at DB...I mean what's the deal here with the lack of portal success? Obviously we can't get them all, and I know Cribby said he knows of four guys ready to come if they have spots...but we need DB's bad man. If I see Ivey or Marcus Clarke trotting out there as starters, that's just criminal.

Advertisement
Back