Transfer Portal watch

His production is good but CIS was crying that Cam was taking carries away from the younger RB’s and Cam is better than Dye to me.
Cam is gone. Knighton has struggled staying healthy. Chaney has struggled staying healthy. Brown hasn't showed much of anything. Thad looked good late in the season but who knows if he can do that for a whole season.

Not sure how anyone can seriously argue against Dye. Or even Parrish.

Advertisement
With ability to transfer any year and not sit out, kids will move for whatever reason.. Super teams will happen, even NFL doesnt have that type of freedom. No league does..

No one will be able to build depth unless its a freshman
I think its early, coaches/teams/players will adjust. I'm for freedom for players like coaches. But agree it makes it very tough. HOpefully balances out over time.

I think its early, coaches/teams/players will adjust. I'm for freedom for players like coaches. But agree it makes it very tough. HOpefully balances out over time.
I think its only gonna get worse, dudes are gonna get super NLI deals, players moving with coaches, Super teams coming together.. I dont even think people realize the type of freedom that is happening and how no rules will cause more madness.. We went from some stiff rules to none? I dont see the benefit in that.. A player could theoritcally be a 1 year rental until they are draft eleigible and cash in on some great endorsement deals, there is no limit so some player will push it..

Good kid that had a great year at Oregon. Very hard runner but I would pass. His is a smaller, slower version of Travis Homer. He is not better than Chaney, Rooster or Thad. Also I feel like there are better options in the portal.
I'd take him in a heartbeat. Love me running backs that look like Danny Woodhead

Cam is gone. Knighton has struggled staying healthy. Chaney has struggled staying healthy. Brown hasn't showed much of anything. Thad looked good late in the season but who knows if he can do that for a whole season.

Not sure how anyone can seriously argue against Dye. Or even Parrish.
Can you put the healthy tag on Rooster? First year I remember him hurting his shoulder late in the season, like played in first 9 or 10 games, missed only the final game or two. This year he was suspended first 4 games then came and legit had a min of 15 carries a game and was it GT where he had 35 carries or something crazy? He is not traditionally built to carry the load like that but he proved he can do it.

Advertisement
People are knocking Dye when he averaged 6 YPC and the best we return is Rooster at under 4, Chaney who can’t stay healthy, and Brown/Franklin who didn’t play enough to matter. Amazing.

People are knocking Dye when he averaged 6 YPC and the best we return is Rooster at under 4, Chaney who can’t stay healthy, and Brown/Franklin who didn’t play enough to matter. Amazing.

Rooster would run roughshod over the terrible defense and defensive talent in the pac 12. The pac 12 is the worst power 5 conference brah.
Dye is cool n all but he isnt some huge upgrade, talent wise to some of our guys.

Currently at the 2:20 seconds of his 2021 szn highlight tape and i think there is 1 run that he has had to break a tackle in...and it was a 3-5 yd td run against STONY BROOK. Also in that amount of time of watching he broke thru on a run and got hawked in awfully by an Arizona defender.

I dont know maybe its me but i never really thought much of him watching Oregon. He just looks weird in his running style (hes a straigh line runner...a smaller Cam Harris), kind of small and not real explosive. Help me out here if anyone else feels another way.

Im saying this NOT expecting us to go after him anyway.

Advertisement
Rooster would run roughshod over the terrible defense and defensive talent in the pac 12. The pac 12 is the worst power 5 conference brah.
Dye is cool n all but he isnt some huge upgrade, talent wise to some of our guys.

Currently at the 2:20 seconds of his 2021 szn highlight tape and i think there is 1 run that he has had to break a tackle in...and it was a 3-5 yd td run against STONY BROOK. Also in that amount of time of watching he broke thru on a run and got hawked in awfully by an Arizona defender.

I dont know maybe its me but i never really thought much of him watching Oregon. He just looks weird in his running style (hes a straigh line runner...a smaller Cam Harris), kind of small and not real explosive. Help me out here if anyone else feels another way.

I never said he way better than what we have. I’m saying he’s a proven commodity that isn’t a drop off. The kid can do it all. He can get tough yards, carry it 20+ times a game, good route runner, good hands, and can return punts. Just bc he’s not some blow you away, elite talent, doesn’t mean you don’t take him. Nobody in our RB room has played an entire season of college football. IMO to say we shouldn’t take this kid is wishful thinking based on high school tapes of our guys.

Advertisement
Advertisement

I feel you I'd still take Parrish over this kid.🤷

watched it and thought I hope he bring his oline who is just mashing people cuz we need that more than anything.. Rooster running behind that, lol..

Advertisement
Back