Transfer Portal watch

Zbrod95

Thank God for the Columbus Mafia
So we have Eric Gilyard as a potential target at LB

We’re actively recruiting Landon Morris at TE

A name that just declared and should be one to watch is Simi Moala. 14 starts at RT and 4 at LT at Utah. He would feel a huge need and allow us to get better in the right side.

Another guy to go with Gilyard is Navonteque Strong who’ll be transferring from LSU. Not a cover guy but a huge thumper and was a highly rated JUCO guy.

I’m also not surprised that we’re not connected to Taj Harris from Syracuse. He was their best WR last 2 years.

Curtis Dunlap should be a priority imo. Pairing him with Moala next year might give us the best line in the ACC.

Not a popular take but Jalen Burger is in the portal too. He was a freshman stud for Wisconsin at RB and would be the 5th guy in the locker room. Really talented kid worth the take. Would make the RB room the most talented room on the team.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The TE from cuse makes sense since Malory is probably gone. If Rique is gone then get another corner. Need 2 LBers at least. Another RT unless they think Campbell will be healthy. Still for depth. Hopefully another DE like Roche is available as well. We are good at WR for next year.

With the new rule that you can replace players transferring out we should go heavy into the portal especially with our recruiting class being so small.

The TE from cuse makes sense since Malory is probably gone. If Rique is gone then get another corner. Need 2 LBers at least. Another RT unless they think Campbell will be healthy. Still for depth. Hopefully another DE like Roche is available as well. We are good at WR for next year.

With the new rule that you can replace players transferring out we should go heavy into the portal especially with our recruiting class being so small.
Na. We need to add a WR. Can’t go into next year green.

Na. We need to add a WR. Can’t go into next year green.
So return X man, Keyshawn, Brinson, B. Smith, George, and maybe Redding if he stays around.
I would tend to agree we need to pull a potential #1 type WR talent if available.

I think we need a portal DE, and I would argue either the JUCO DT or a portal experienced big body DT.
I would take the portal TE, a portal CB, and a portal LB.

Advertisement
So return X man, Keyshawn, Brinson, B. Smith, George, and maybe Redding if he stays around.
I would tend to agree we need to pull a potential #1 type WR talent if available.

I think we need a portal DE, and I would argue either the JUCO DT or a portal experienced big body DT.
That’s why Taj Harris is. That’s a 700 yard WR in the ACC… with little talent at QB.

Ill be that guy I think Romello has #1 potential next season and Keyshawn may grow with TVD to be that also but experience is needed so Taj Harris makes a ton of sense

A name that just declared and should be one to watch is Simi Moala. 14 starts at RT and 4 at LT at Utah. He would feel a huge need and allow us to get better in the right side.

Another guy to go with Gilyard is Navonteque Strong who’ll be transferring from LSU. Not a cover guy but a huge thumper and was a highly rated JUCO guy.

I’m also not surprised that we’re not connected to Taj Harris from Syracuse. He was their best WR last 2 years.

Curtis Dunlap should be a priority imo. Pairing him with Moala next year might give us the best line in the ACC.

Not a popular take but Jalen Burger is in the portal too. He was a freshman stud for Wisconsin at RB and would be the 5th guy in the locker room. Really talented kid worth the take. Would make the RB room the most talented room on the team.
I agree that Dunlap should be a high priority.

Advertisement
The LSU LB has potential through the roof. Physical freak. He just has to put it together on the field - he looked lost on the field especially in pass plays. Did some decent things but it got to the point he was unplayable.

100% agree on Curtis Dunlap too. Having him and Rivers at Guard paired with Nelson, Clark, and whoever wins RT should solidify our line to a good unit. We'd certainly be able to move people and create running lanes.

We need 2 LBs, 2 DEs, at least 1 DT, 2 CBs, at least 1 OLineman, and maybe a RB that doesn't need to be a bellcow.. just for insurance.

Not necessarily all from the portal - the Juco DT could fill one of those slots or any legitimate ready to play freshman - maybe one of the CBs can play right away.

Our WR room may be getting light, no info just guessing, but we legit may have 4/5 guys leaving because they can't see the field, so I'm not opposed for a portal WR

Advertisement

Why would a RB transfer from one school to be the 5th guy in the room at another? Not happening!!! These guys are transferring to get playing time. They're going to go where they can play.

Why would a RB transfer from one school to be the 5th guy in the room at another? Not happening!!! These guys are transferring to get playing time. They're going to go where they can play.
If you think that guy isn’t going to challenge for playing time and get a lot of it then you shouldn’t be commenting.

If you think that guy isn’t going to challenge for playing time and get a lot of it then you shouldn’t be commenting.
Huh. You shouldn't write a stupid post. No kid in the Portal is going to a school with guys loaded at his position. Everyone knows that. It's no secret and you're not going to trick someone either.

Advertisement
The LSU LB has potential through the roof. Physical freak. He just has to put it together on the field - he looked lost on the field especially in pass plays. Did some decent things but it got to the point he was unplayable.

100% agree on Curtis Dunlap too. Having him and Rivers at Guard paired with Nelson, Clark, and whoever wins RT should solidify our line to a good unit. We'd certainly be able to move people and create running lanes.

We need 2 LBs, 2 DEs, at least 1 DT, 2 CBs, at least 1 OLineman, and maybe a RB that doesn't need to be a bellcow.. just for insurance.

Not necessarily all from the portal - the Juco DT could fill one of those slots or any legitimate ready to play freshman - maybe one of the CBs can play right away.
Dam we need a whole defense, lmaoo.. wtf manny and his defensive staff been doin?!

Huh. You shouldn't write a stupid post. No kid in the Portal is going to a school with guys loaded at his position. Everyone knows that. It's no secret and you're not going to trick someone either.
I’m not the one looking like an idiot right now lol. Who in our backfield is proven right not named rooster? And to think you would turn down to get a dynamic back like Berger lmao.

Dam we need a whole defense, lmaoo.. wtf manny and his defensive staff been doin?!
They haven’t recruited the DL well at all in terms of depth. There’s quality players but not nearly enough.

LB is an obvious fault and we all know the failures of Rumph in the CB room. Not enough bodies and the ones we did land were misses. Safety might be the only position that doesn’t need addressed on defense.

They haven’t recruited the DL well at all in terms of depth. There’s quality players but not nearly enough.

LB is an obvious fault and we all know the failures of Rumph in the CB room. Not enough bodies and the ones we did land were misses. Safety might be the only position that doesn’t need addressed on defense.
They need 1 or 2 DES that can get to the QB.

Advertisement
Back