Transfer Portal watch

We are? We will have 4 healthy options coming out of Spring ball with two of those options being potential studs. (Knighton/Chaney). I think people see what UGA did and think thats the new norm but if UGA had a primetime QB, they wouldnt be running 3 RBs in and out. JMO. I think we are good with Chaney and Knighton and Thad/Brown subbing in as needed. People are sleeping on Thad like he wasnt a stud coming out of HS.
Yes, because we only have four scholarships RBs. While I’m not calling Chaney injury prone, but he hasn’t played a full season yet. We lost two RBs for the season last year. God forbid that happens this year. Maybe the new S and C regime changes that, but as of now, I’ll take another.

Advertisement
Yes, because we only have four scholarships RBs. While I’m not calling Chaney injury prone, but he hasn’t played a full season yet. We lost two RBs for the season last year. God forbid that happens this year. Maybe the new S and C regime changes that, but as of now, I’ll take another.
This theory would hold true 5 years ago but not in this era. In the age of, "if im not getting starters minutes im transferring", no RB is coming into a situation with 4 RBs already in the room. And if they do and dont crack the top 2 by end of Spring, they are just going to hit the portal again by the Summer like that Auburn RB did us a few years back under the Richt era. Forgot his name.

These kids are not transferring to compete. They want guaranteed spots. Apparently thats why we lost Marcus Banks. He wanted guarantees and Mario wasnt having it.

Man I hope Chaney stays healthy, first round talent especially if we can dominate the ACC with our improved line play and TVD keeping defences from loading the box

Advertisement
This theory would hold true 5 years ago but not in this era. In the age of, "if im not getting starters minutes im transferring", no RB is coming into a situation with 4 RBs already in the room. And if they do and dont crack the top 2 by end of Spring, they are just going to hit the portal again by the Summer like that Auburn RB did us a few years back under the Richt era. Forgot his name.

These kids are not transferring to compete. They want guaranteed spots. Apparently thats why we lost Marcus Banks. He wanted guarantees and Mario wasnt having it.
I agree, and that’s why I know Evans isn’t coming here. If we can get a Robert Burns type transfer, someone who can provide depth and be useful in situations, then great. No way we’re getting a starting caliber RB here, when they can go elsewhere and start immediately.

Advertisement
After you just won the national title over Bama, you got to have a little extra swag about you. LOL. Start feeling yourself so much you just start cutting kids as soon as you get back to the locker room. lol

But seriously, Bama and UGA will have alot of transfer guys. Both are way over the 85 with this incoming class.
But…….they said the portal was only good? And cap on incoming classes prevents kids from being pushed out like before?

There is always collateral damage when you allow change without truly vetting it through. The rules were changed to keep Bama and others from doing just this and we’ve come full circle again. But now on top of it, HS kids are losing opportunities as coaches hold scholarships for the portal and other kids stuck in the portal with no place to go. Wild Wild West free agency in college football in full effect.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I really like the prudent approach the staff is taking given the amount of talented players that are hopping and will continue to hop into the portal. Aside from the JMU receiver and perhaps DJ James, I doubt any of these kids would have moved the needle

Advertisement
Back