Transfer Portal watch

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

Anybody got cliff notes?
-Twists and turns are fun. Roughly 24 hours ago the tune coming out of Coral Gables was that DJ Coleman probably wasn't going to happen from Miami's end. It sounded complex and there seemed to be multiple reasons why there was some hesitation. I spoke to a source Thursday night and it sounds like some tough conversations were had today and Miami seems to be more comfortable with the idea of Coleman being a part of the program. Of course, the Jacksonville State product and second-team FCS All-American still has to choose to be a Hurricane but it sounds like that could only be a matter of time. I think that's good news for Miami because he does have a 6-foot-6, 250-plus pound frame and could help the defense in 2022.

I don't think that changes things with Miami and West Virginia transfer Akheem Mesidor who gets down to South Florida on Thursday night as well. There is some confidence that the freshman All-American lands in Coral Gables as well but there are multiple major programs in the mix here. I'm not sure it's a layup but some in the building are confident going into the official visit. He will be joined by USC kicker Parker Lewis on an official and it sounds to me like Miami is very open to bringing in another kicker to compete with Andres Borregales.

I also learned Thursday night that Miami offered UCLA linebacker transfer Caleb Johnson and the Hurricanes are expected to pursue heavily. He was teammates with transfer addition Mitchell Agude. I'm not sure if there is a visit in the works but, like some of these other guys, there is some real confidence that they could potentially land the California native who started 17 games in two seasons with the Bruins. He finished with 5.5 sacks and 7 tackles for loss in a shortened 2020 season.

-Twists and turns are fun. Roughly 24 hours ago the tune coming out of Coral Gables was that DJ Coleman probably wasn't going to happen from Miami's end. It sounded complex and there seemed to be multiple reasons why there was some hesitation. I spoke to a source Thursday night and it sounds like some tough conversations were had today and Miami seems to be more comfortable with the idea of Coleman being a part of the program. Of course, the Jacksonville State product and second-team FCS All-American still has to choose to be a Hurricane but it sounds like that could only be a matter of time. I think that's good news for Miami because he does have a 6-foot-6, 250-plus pound frame and could help the defense in 2022.

I don't think that changes things with Miami and West Virginia transfer Akheem Mesidor who gets down to South Florida on Thursday night as well. There is some confidence that the freshman All-American lands in Coral Gables as well but there are multiple major programs in the mix here. I'm not sure it's a layup but some in the building are confident going into the official visit. He will be joined by USC kicker Parker Lewis on an official and it sounds to me like Miami is very open to bringing in another kicker to compete with Andres Borregales.

I also learned Thursday night that Miami offered UCLA linebacker transfer Caleb Johnson and the Hurricanes are expected to pursue heavily. He was teammates with transfer addition Mitchell Agude. I'm not sure if there is a visit in the works but, like some of these other guys, there is some real confidence that they could potentially land the California native who started 17 games in two seasons with the Bruins. He finished with 5.5 sacks and 7 tackles for loss in a shortened 2020 season.
😂😂😂😂 GABY😂😂😂😂😂

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back