Transfer Portal (NCAA Basketball)

Advertisement
Thanks for posting! Hopefully we'll pick up a badly needed player or three here!

There are between 2 and 4 scholarships available but with 460 kids in the portal, I cannot imagine a legit reason why Miami will not have 13 scholarship players next season.

I will look over the list and post my thoughts on who would be a good pickup but this decision does not need to be made until June. I still want to see what coaches get fired or leave for another job. And what players decommit especially with the wiretap court hearing and the information in this new Michael Avenatti documents slowly being leaked.

I hear there are some new schools with assistant coaches discussing payments to players in those documents.

Advertisement
Advertisement
4 Gaytors transferring. Tears.

Most of the UNLV team. Most of the UM-Kansas City team. Lots of teams with 4-5 guys leaving.

Amazing.

The guard Bolden from WV and (F) Keith Stone from uf are decent players we should kick the tires on

Advertisement
Absolutely. There should not be a Division 1 college basketball team without 13 scholarship players ever to start a season.

My strategy toward the 2019-20 basketball roster.

Best case scenario: Harlond Beverly and Tristan Enaruna commit then Miami signs two grad transfer bigs (to be named at a later date)

Worse case scenario: Miami sign 4 grad transfers (2 wing and 2 bigs to be named at a later date).

Current players projected to be on the roster (9 currently as Miami does not have anyone in the transfer portal looking to leave):

PGs: Chris Lykes and Isaiah Wong
SGs: DJ Vasiljevic and Kam Mcgusty
SFs: Anthony Mack
Stretch F: Sam Waardenberg
PF: Anthony Walker and Deng Gak
C: Rodney Miller

Walk-ons: Willie Herenton and Dominic Proctor

Post your strategy and as always,

GO CANES.

Advertisement
Jahvon Quinerly would have to sit out next season and he would have three years of eligibility left. In two years, Chris Lykes would be a senior and Isaiah Wong would be a sophomore along with Jahvon.

Interesting. I am not for or against it but it is interesting.

Jahvon Quinerly would have to sit out next season and he would have three years of eligibility left. In two years, Chris Lykes would be a senior and Isaiah Wong would be a sophomore along with Jahvon.

Interesting. I am not for or against it but it is interesting.

Why does one think that the new "liberal" waiver process would not apply to basketball?

The article that I read made mention of a "candid" conversation between the coach and the player. Perhaps the coach is still ****ed off about the tweet he sent about Villanova being his "second choice" for a reason.

I'm just pointing out that the "sit out year" is no longer a guarantee.

Lykes could move to SG.

Advertisement
Back