CANESCANES
All ACC
- Joined
- Oct 6, 2024
- Messages
- 5,174
Missed on just a “few guys”- more like missed on majority
Yes he visited but Miami whiffedDoes anyone know if Miami went after (had interest in) Jason Wachs from Tulane? He just committed to LSU, but he's from Pembroke Pines, so I was hoping Miami would grab him when he went into the portal.
Yes he visited but Miami whiffed
Followed by the cop out that uf & fsu also lost in regionals….Our university's president just said about our baseball team, "I still have nightmares about Troy".
I know they were in Omaha and did decent this postseason but ****...that's something that Miami baseball should *never* be saying out loud about a team on Troy's level. Shameful.
Followed by the cop out that uf & fsu also lost in regionals….
PATHETIC MINDSET
He is clearly only interested in football and to a less extent hoops. I understand why but come on with those comments
You certainly don't say "I still have nightmares about Troy" on live radio.What do you expect him to say on live radio?
He’s a huge baseball fan in general. He clearly is up to date and even mentioned a transfer portal pickup. But yeah, he’s a businessman and sees the athletic department through that scope. So ****canning JD probably isn’t at the top of his list
I think this year will be JD’s last barring a miracle run
You certainly don't say "I still have nightmares about Troy" on live radio.
He needs to prove that baseball is relevant to him. Hoops and football are CLEARLY relevant to him. I’m not so sure baseball is whether he has says it is or notRelax man. He’s not the enemy. He’s a big reason why sports are relevant again here
Give us Meade from Troy ASAP!!Zero clue. I just sponsor the show. But I doubt any changes are made - we have no AD. And moreover, who would we replace him with? Pat Hallmark from UTSA? Dan Fitzgerald from Kansas? A pitching coach from the SEC, like Max Weiner at Texas or Matt Hobbs from Arkansas?
Troy spend more than us on baseball?Would yall trade a few football 5 stars and football ceiling for Miami baseball to be relevant again?
Im thinking im all in on football. Bball being good is a huge bonus. But im not trading the success and ceiling of those two for baseball.
Probably the same way UM thinks.
And to ppl getting upset about baseball not being cared about or whatever, dont understand the present day finances. You gotta take from somewhere to add here. That #2 Miami class? Darian Mensah? Etc. ...what are you giving up. The money isnt infinite.
But JD does suck lol.
Thats why I threw in there, JD sucks lol. I agree with everything you said.Troy spend more than us on baseball?
I agree with your statement... don't take away from football. I say that even with Canes baseball being my first love of the university. In football, you can control a lot more and the better team wins at a much higher %. Baseball involves a lot more being hot at the right time and stars aligning.
I just want to see some competency. JD lacks it and the team is a direct reflection. Terrible on defense, terrible base running, mind boggling decision making, etc. Less talent and higher IQ would have resulted in more wins. We played 20 games without our best player and virtually had 1 good pitcher all year and still won 39 games. If we could field a ground ball, catch a pop up in foul territory, run the bases, we would have been 45 wins, and nobody would say anything.
Feels like the budget can be status quo but the other stuff that is controllable and teachable needs to change.
Would yall trade a few football 5 stars and football ceiling for Miami baseball to be relevant again?
Im thinking im all in on football. Bball being good is a huge bonus. But im not trading the success and ceiling of those two for baseball.
Probably the same way UM thinks.
And to ppl getting upset about baseball not being cared about or whatever, dont understand the present day finances. You gotta take from somewhere to add here. That #2 Miami class? Darian Mensah? Etc. ...what are you giving up. The money isnt infinite.
But JD does suck lol.
5-6 Million is still 1 or 2 five stars tho and some.With $5-$6 million total, let me repeat, total, you can have an elite staff and top NIL in college baseball. Not a single player in college baseball commands even $1M. Most is probably around $750-$800K.
So basically, for half of what Mensah cost us all in, we could have en elite coaching staff and NIL for the baseball team. It's an absolute joke we don't pony up for baseball.
Our entire football roster and staff is close to $60M. So not being able to come up with $5M for one of the top 3 college baseball programs EVER is unacceptable.