Our new closer I presume?That’s what I’m talking about!
Our new closer I presume?That’s what I’m talking about!
Mathematically some additional players are going to need to leave or be dropped from the recruiting class for more additions (unless we have some designated players left). At base we need another catcher at minimum.DeGoti, Torres and Sheahan need to move on...
What freshmen coming in this Fall are expected to contribute immediately?
What is his projected slot in the upcoming draft? What if Miami matches his slot $ plus $100K?
Think we’re gonna be disappointed here. Not sure theres enough strong incoming FR to beat out DeGoti and torres. Imo we just have too many spots to fill. Defensively i dnt mind those two guys at all. Its offensive consistency that theyve struggled with.DeGoti, Torres and Sheahan need to move on...
What freshmen coming in this Fall are expected to contribute immediately?
How does Miami not have quality Shortstops lined up out the door?Think we’re gonna be disappointed here. Not sure theres enough strong incoming FR to beat out DeGoti and torres. Imo we just have too many spots to fill. Defensively i dnt mind those two guys at all. Its offensive consistency that theyve struggled with.
Feels like the pitching staff is done from a numbers standpoint and looks decent (won't be rolling out a Lofgren throwing 86mph). The ceiling isn't too low depending on what you get out of Morningstar and if Ciscar can rebound. Lot of solid arms but just lacking electric guys, usual. Maybe we see Peralta/Menendez/Robert/Collera all flash their upper 90s ability.
Obviously, the status of Robert from a draft perspective is in the air and we know what Menendez can be, but what will he actually be. No idea what Coats injury is but I really like him in the midweek role.
Weekend looks like a competition with Morningstar/Collera/Ciscar/Santos-Olson/Robert and maybe Menendez if he wants to try to be a starter. Brody Kelly coming in from Juco has a chance to factor into that conversation. I'm assuming he had TJ and it would have been in the early spring so he may not factor in at all.
Midweek should be the leftovers from above with Coats/Durso/Kaden Varella Payne/Jack Ensell in that conversation as well.
Pull the leftovers from there into long relief roles. I think Mulcahy is a middle reliever. Horwat and Swift are your go to leverage relievers that can get the ball 3 times per week, if needed. Peralta is probably a late inning guy (hopefully he can take the closer role and run with it) and Dorn has another year, right? Probably factors into the backend of the pen if he does. Then, the Kovala kid from Juco could probably be slotted into about any competition. Good velo for late relief/setup role but has starter experience if he wants to make a run at a weekend job.
Time to add some bats to pair with the upcoming sophomore trio. Assume Peralta has CF locked in and I really don't see them moving on from Sheahan.
How is Sheahan not in the portal yet?How does Miami not have quality Shortstops lined up out the door?
I can't stomach another year of horrible infield play. We were dead *** last in the ACC in Fielding %.
You just described the 2025 team, sans Cuvet. This is a pitiful prognosis for a program of this calibre.Feels like the pitching staff is done from a numbers standpoint and looks decent (won't be rolling out a Lofgren throwing 86mph). The ceiling isn't too low depending on what you get out of Morningstar and if Ciscar can rebound. Lot of solid arms but just lacking electric guys, usual. Maybe we see Peralta/Menendez/Robert/Collera all flash their upper 90s ability.
Obviously, the status of Robert from a draft perspective is in the air and we know what Menendez can be, but what will he actually be. No idea what Coats injury is but I really like him in the midweek role.
Weekend looks like a competition with Morningstar/Collera/Ciscar/Santos-Olson/Robert and maybe Menendez if he wants to try to be a starter. Brody Kelly coming in from Juco has a chance to factor into that conversation. I'm assuming he had TJ and it would have been in the early spring so he may not factor in at all.
Midweek should be the leftovers from above with Coats/Durso/Kaden Varella Payne/Jack Ensell in that conversation as well.
Pull the leftovers from there into long relief roles. I think Mulcahy is a middle reliever. Horwat and Swift are your go to leverage relievers that can get the ball 3 times per week, if needed. Peralta is probably a late inning guy (hopefully he can take the closer role and run with it) and Dorn has another year, right? Probably factors into the backend of the pen if he does. Then, the Kovala kid from Juco could probably be slotted into about any competition. Good velo for late relief/setup role but has starter experience if he wants to make a run at a weekend job.
Time to add some bats to pair with the upcoming sophomore trio. Assume Peralta has CF locked in and I really don't see them moving on from Sheahan.
Menendez is designated.Mathematically some additional players are going to need to leave or be dropped from the recruiting class for more additions (unless we have some designated players left). At base we need another catcher at minimum.
I’ll defer to Erick or someone more plugged into high school baseball/recruiting on the freshmen. Although honestly it’s a little bit of a crapshoot. We’ve had well regarded recruits that clearly couldn’t cut it in fall ball.
Menendez came here to start. He will get a shot.Menendez is designated.
100% and his coaches didn't appear to help him any. He looked totally lost, was void of any self-confidence and then the way he was used had no apparent rhyme or reason.Menendez came here to start. He will get a shot.
You never know how a guy comes back from injury, but I sure expected a lot better than he gave last year.
I'm not disagreeing with you. By saying he is designated, I was saying he has DSA status, meaning he doesn't count against our roster limitation of 34.Menendez came here to start. He will get a shot.
You never know how a guy comes back from injury, but I sure expected a lot better than he gave last year.
How many DSA’s are on our roster for next year ?I'm not disagreeing with you. By saying he is designated, I was saying he has DSA status, meaning he doesn't count against our roster limitation of 34.
https://www.collegesportslitigationtracker.com/explaining-dsas
I should've been more clear. That's on me.I'm not disagreeing with you. By saying he is designated, I was saying he has DSA status, meaning he doesn't count against our roster limitation of 34.
https://www.collegesportslitigationtracker.com/explaining-dsas