Transfer Portal - Baseball 2026-27

What is his projected slot in the upcoming draft? What if Miami matches his slot $ plus $100K?
Evans performed well 2 years ago, and now pretty much carried our pitching staff this past season. I'm not sure what else he has to prove at Miami, and if he just opens his eyes and looks around at how well some former Miami arms have fared developing in the minors and going on to the majors (instead of staying)...I think even staying in school for another $100k (which to be frank, I think would be a waste of our money in the NIL budget and waste of his time/development) isn't an option.
 
What is his projected slot in the upcoming draft? What if Miami matches his slot $ plus $100K?
Baseball America has him as the 26th ranked senior. I'd guess rounds 3-5.

1781101861379.png
 
Evans performed well 2 years ago, and now pretty much carried our pitching staff this past season. I'm not sure what else he has to prove at Miami, and if he just opens his eyes and looks around at how well some former Miami arms have fared developing in the minors and going on to the majors (instead of staying)...I think even staying in school for another $100k (which to be frank, I think would be a waste of our money in the NIL budget and waste of his time/development) isn't an option.
Agreed imo if he is staying it is for an elite amount of money so is it worth it for us to pay all that
 
Agreed imo if he is staying it is for an elite amount of money so is it worth it for us to pay all that
It is not. We'd be better off using that cash to upgrade the infield some, and hope Morningstar hits to fill that void. Not holding my breath on either of those things, but still.
 
@Sebastian Font is there a way to pin our portal commits on the first page/first post of this thread or somewhere? I think you said we have 6 arms committed already and I forgot who half of them are already... thanks!
 
Does anybody find it weird that we’re not hearing about guys that were big time freshmen and are transferring looking for playing time?? You would think being that we lack a lot of depth when it comes to pitching that this would be a route we explore.
 
Swift from VT? Unless I’ve missed someone he’s the only one available.

That or someone with very few innings pitched or didn’t pitch at all in 2026.

Edit: Simmerson from Clemson also fits. Would be a major grab


Good ball knowledge from you 🤝
That’s what I’m talking about!
 
@Sebastian Font is there a way to pin our portal commits on the first page/first post of this thread or somewhere? I think you said we have 6 arms committed already and I forgot who half of them are already... thanks!
It’s on the first post of the 2027 Roster thread
 
It’s on the first post of the 2027 Roster thread
DeGoti, Torres and Sheahan need to move on...
What freshmen coming in this Fall are expected to contribute immediately?
 
@Sebastian Font Do we have any info on his Velo or his pitches
Swift struck out 38 in 22 innings with a .163 BAA and a 3.63 ERA. 15 appearances 14 out of the bullpen.
He's a competitor. Trusts his stuff and gets a lot of ride that has hitters get under the ball. As a fly ball guy he runs a low BABIP, but will give up some bombs. Not a lot of stuff, but will compete and players bigger than you'd think of his stuff.
“Swift was expected to throw but was out due to illness. He’s coming off a standout freshman campaign in which he had a 47-13 K-BB mark over 29 innings in which opponents hit just .230 against him. He added a cutter this offseason and his velocity has ticked up some, sitting 88-91 mph with a slider and changeup as well.

“He’s the definition of believing in your stuff and attacking hitters,” Willey noted. “The cutter is a good equalizer in his mix and he’s getting some more swing and miss. Last year, he had a ton of success and he’s enhanced his ****nal.”

@Slime4 here’s everything that everyone sourced so far
 
Back
Top