Transfer DL Anthony Campbell commits to Miami

View as article
I saw it - i just don't think you can say 1st round pick, possibly better than LT, and comments about 15 seconds of his tape showing he's not depth.....but then hedge with it all being about development. It's no different than someone comparing Jacurri to a Vince Young "if" he develops. You're either super high on a kid to refer to him in such high praise or you're not. It's what makes recruiting and the draft so exciting with opinions all over the place. I know you are typically strong in your eval opinions and like to make sensationalized comments, which i get, but you have to pick a side of the fence. It's one thing to say really nice physically skills to work with but hasn't produced and is raw.....but you went well above that and ultimately said not depth. I said depth. While he will get better coaching here with JT, he's not a freshman with 4 years to develop. He was at JUCO and then 2 years at ULM. It's not as if his development will only begin once he arrives at UM.
Bingo.

Advertisement
Yall look at portal recruits wrong. I'll say it again, you are hardly gonna find highly productive guys in the portal. My judgement is not so much on the production but the athletics. Can they compete against Power 5 and ACC athletes.

You seen the NFL coaches draft Richardson #4 overall. Thats nothing to do with production. That was all athletics and projection. We needed bodies on the DL, its on our coaches to make him productive here.

But generally portal kids aren’t going to have a ton of time left in college.

Like Richardson was a raw project coming out of high school. And even having him for 3 years wasn’t enough to refine him.

What good is a player in the portal that is like that if you only have him for 1 year, maybe 2?

He's a lotto ticket. 6'6" and probably a few pan con lechons away from three bills with move skills and just enough tape that gives you a glimpse at what he can be. Hopefully our staff can unlock that potential, but he's a scratch off.

The defensive line has gotten a ton of new bodies.

Out: Jabari Ishmael, Darrell Jackson, Jordan Miller, Elijah Roberts, Allen Haye
In: Anthony Campbell, Branson Deen, Thomas Gore, Reuben Bain, Jayden Wayne, Collins Archaempong, Josh Horton.

Seems upgraded.

Pretty obvious that Mario wants big players. Get a bunch of big, fast athletes and let them battle for who wants it most. That seems like our defensive philosophy going forward.
Miami and Miss State both thought he could be a 1 and done with good coaching so imma leave it at that. Just know he’s gonna be working out with a former UM great by the end of the month. 💩 is abt to get real fellas. Mario thinks we’re still a year away but 2024 and 2025 with his recruiting prowess i agree just look at the weekend we had.

But generally portal kids aren’t going to have a ton of time left in college.

Like Richardson was a raw project coming out of high school. And even having him for 3 years wasn’t enough to refine him.

What good is a player in the portal that is like that if you only have him for 1 year, maybe 2?
Because you are banking on your ability to use and maximise his talent, better than his previous destination. Also we have player who have been productive like Deen and Gore, and man dont rate them.

Advertisement
Yall look at portal recruits wrong. I'll say it again, you are hardly gonna find highly productive guys in the portal. My judgement is not so much on the production but the athletics. Can they compete against Power 5 and ACC athletes.

You seen the NFL coaches draft Richardson #4 overall. Thats nothing to do with production. That was all athletics and projection. We needed bodies on the DL, its on our coaches to make him productive here.
And as a Panthers fan I'm still jealous of the Colts.

Advertisement
He's a lotto ticket. 6'6" and probably a few pan con lechons away from three bills with move skills and just enough tape that gives you a glimpse at what he can be. Hopefully our staff can unlock that potential, but he's a scratch off.

The defensive line has gotten a ton of new bodies.

Out: Jabari Ishmael, Darrell Jackson, Jordan Miller, Elijah Roberts, Allen Haye
In: Anthony Campbell, Branson Deen, Thomas Gore, Reuben Bain, Jayden Wayne, Collins Archaempong, Josh Horton.

Seems upgraded.
I still maintain Jackson is the only transfer that hurts. Rooster is a quality player but he can be replaced. Jackson is a legit NFL talent.

I am still distraught with DT recruiting and planning for our D to get ran on this year. They certainly are ******* up with DT recruiting. If there was a position to overpay through the portal it was this one. This is yet another undersized guy who will not hold up to good programs run blocking unless he drastically improves strength and size up to at least 300 lbs by the start of the season. I get that this is a single gap system, but we have 2 guys who are over 300 lbs at DT on the roster. Moten is the only one on the roster who isn't simply another 3 technique guy. LT is over 300 lbs but he is nothing but another 3 technique himself.

Advertisement
Huh? Laz, much like yourself, took things way too seriously. I would know. He threatened to have me beat up for making fun of him years ago in Twitter DMs

If the #BlUeLoTCanEsFaMbRo’S want to create an off topic thread to brag about being a danger to society/ actively committing felonies by all means.

I’m here for football and laughs and the latter just didn’t fall into those categories for me as you can see same with the majority of posters. I have 5 kids so I don’t get very emotional or take myself too seriously.

Like me I’m sure many people on this site have lost family to drunk drivers. I’m all for free speech but the recruiting board isn’t that obviously. So as he can say whatever in this case.. so can I. It’s my right to say F that as a response. Try being captain sav-a-ho for something on the right side.

How good is this kid I need the nerds

Plus athlete for his size and position. Flashes but actual production looks mid. No idea if it’s his coaching now, scheme etc. His effort looks good so I don’t think it’s that. He started football a little later and sometimes big guys take time to grow into themselves. Hopefully consistency, better coaching and a scheme putting him in better position maximizes his ceiling here. He could be quite a player.

Even if he’s just depth and flashes for us this year, he has 2 left so that could be big for us in ‘24.

Advertisement
I am still distraught with DT recruiting and planning for our D to get ran on this year. They certainly are ******* up with DT recruiting. If there was a position to overpay through the portal it was this one. This is yet another undersized guy who will not hold up to good programs run blocking unless he drastically improves strength and size up to at least 300 lbs by the start of the season. I get that this is a single gap system, but we have 2 guys who are over 300 lbs at DT on the roster. Moten is the only one on the roster who isn't simply another 3 technique guy. LT is over 300 lbs but he is nothing but another 3 technique himself.
6'6-6'7 280 is not undersized plus he still got 3 or 4 months to add 15 - 20 pounds to get to 300lbs

6'6-6'7 280 is not undersized plus he still got 3 or 4 months to add 15 - 20 pounds to get to 300lbs
It is indeed undersized for stuffing the run. Most P5 programs are putting 2 300 lb guys next to one another, while we have a whopping 2 on the roster. Certainly not going to compete with the big boys up front this light. These guys put so much emphasis on OL and not enough on DT. Without bringing in enough premier HS talent at the position they have slowed the development at the position and we will be portal shopping (just like Diaz did annually) at the position yet again next year. They say they don’t want to overpay for portal recruits yet we are light at the position, all while these coaches stated themselves that they need to get bigger/stronger at the LOS.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back