Transfer DL Anthony Campbell commits to Miami

View as article
Advertisement
Yall look at portal recruits wrong. I'll say it again, you are hardly gonna find highly productive guys in the portal. My judgement is not so much on the production but the athletics. Can they compete against Power 5 and ACC athletes.

You seen the NFL coaches draft Richardson #4 overall. Thats nothing to do with production. That was all athletics and projection. We needed bodies on the DL, its on our coaches to make him productive here.

Advertisement
j1.gif
1684035961355.gif

Bro. Watch 15 seconds of that 1 minute tape. Nobody who moves like that is a depth piece.
He seems to have great potential but so far that has not turned into production. Hopefully we can play to his strengths and develop him.

Advertisement
You insinuated it by saying nobody who moves like that is a depth piece. I actually think he is a depth piece.

You mentioned 1st round guy and possibly better than LT, neither of which I can get on board with at this point. Those labels sounds like starter to me.
So what does “All about development” mean since we apparently have different definitions? Are was your argument including leaving that part out?

Advertisement
Advertisement
So what does “All about development” mean since we apparently have different definitions? Are was your argument including leaving that part out?

I saw it - i just don't think you can say 1st round pick, possibly better than LT, and comments about 15 seconds of his tape showing he's not depth.....but then hedge with it all being about development. It's no different than someone comparing Jacurri to a Vince Young "if" he develops. You're either super high on a kid to refer to him in such high praise or you're not. It's what makes recruiting and the draft so exciting with opinions all over the place. I know you are typically strong in your eval opinions and like to make sensationalized comments, which i get, but you have to pick a side of the fence. It's one thing to say really nice physically skills to work with but hasn't produced and is raw.....but you went well above that and ultimately said not depth. I said depth. While he will get better coaching here with JT, he's not a freshman with 4 years to develop. He was at JUCO and then 2 years at ULM. It's not as if his development will only begin once he arrives at UM.

I saw it - i just don't think you can say 1st round pick, possibly better than LT, and comments about 15 seconds of his tape showing he's not depth.....but then hedge with it all being about development. It's no different than someone comparing Jacurri to a Vince Young "if" he develops. You're either super high on a kid to refer to him in such high praise or you're not. It's what makes recruiting and the draft so exciting with opinions all over the place. I know you are typically strong in your eval opinions and like to make sensationalized comments, which i get, but you have to pick a side of the fence. It's one thing to say really nice physically skills to work with but hasn't produced and is raw.....but you went well above that and ultimately said not depth. I said depth. While he will get better coaching here with JT, he's not a freshman with 4 years to develop. He was at JUCO and then 2 years at ULM. It's not as if his development will only begin once he arrives at UM.

Yeah I agree. This dude has been playing college ball for 3 years. He is what he is - a rotational guy (and that's okay).

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back