Tourney Central (It’s time for ball!)

Advertisement
The private school excuse doesn’t work when other private schools pump out big league talent every year. We held together fine this year with how little number arms we had. I’m talking about a decade of this, not just this year. If you can’t see that it’s held us back then I can’t help you
It is a FACT that private schools are at a disadvantage in college baseball. If you don't want to acknowledge that, that is your problem.

And then you see the crowd last night, only color you would see would be the **** marks from their shoes walking to the stadium. yeah lol at their bs excuse for diversity and women's sports, title ix, all that nonsense. It was the start of all this participation trophy **** in society. Who knew that was the catalyst.

Stanford is now replicating OPeration Vanderbilt in which all students receive some form of scholarship aid. Stanford will now surmount the 11.7 scholarships through: universal merit, ethnicity and need-based scholarships.

Vanderbilt's former AD split duties as President of its Law School. Vanderbilt does not have a traditional athletics department. Despite that, they led the initiative of Operation Vanderbilt in order to be able to compete with other SEC schools. Instead of cheating, they chose to lawfully combat the Foundations and trivial NCAA rules. They basically allocated billions to scholarships and gave all students some form of scholarships.

FSU and UF benefit from tuition that is 80% less than UM's, AND from: (1.) basically, highly reduced tuition to parents who purchase "early Florida state school tuition"; and (2.) Florida lottery fund capital that provides free tuition for those with "B" GPAs or greater. Sorry, but those are COLOSSAL advantages.

Last edited:
Stanford is now replicating OPeration Vanderbilt in which all students receive some form of scholarship aid. Stanford will now surmount the 11.7 scholarships through: universal merit, ethnicity and need-based scholarships.

Vanderbilt's former AD split duties as President of its Law School. Vanderbilt does not have a traditional athletics department. Despite that, they led the initiative of Operation Vanderbilt in order to be able to compete with other SEC schools. Instead of cheating, they chose to lawfully combat the Foundations and trivial NCAA rules. They basically allocated billions to scholarships and gave all students some form of scholarships.

FSU and UF benefit from tuition that is 80% less than UM's, AND from: (1.) basically, highly reduced tuition to parents who purchase "early Florida state school tuition"; and (2.) Florida lottery fund capital that provides free tuition for those with "B" GPAs or greater. Sorry, but those are COLOSSAL advantages.
I had heard that Vandy was on to something that other private schools were now copying. That is what I was told by a few of Rice's athletic guys, that they found some loopholes years back. I don't know anything about all that, I know they gave a decided advantage to state schools and almost all private schools suffered.

Advertisement

And if the NCAA won't even approve paying for another assistant, don't expect the scholarship issue to be addressed anytime soon, if ever. That said, Gino strikes me as having that Diaz edge to him. I think they will both be as creative as possible to mitigate those disadvantages as much as possible, at least that's my hope.

We’re not even 16 hours away from being eliminated and the tuition crowd is running full steam ahead with the excuse machine.

Advertisement
It is a FACT that private schools are at a disadvantage in college baseball. If you don't want to acknowledge that, that is your problem.

Actually it’s Gino’s problem if he can’t figure out how to find blue chip baseball players who are smart or wealthy.

We’re not even 16 hours away from being eliminated and the tuition crowd is running full steam ahead with the excuse machine.
Nah man, Vandy winning it all killed that a while back, there is no denying it hurt a bunch of programs and helped a bunch of others though. When we got Heyward and that group I thought that was our new approach. Money, pitch the private school ed, etc. That didn't last long lol.

For the millionth time, if you don't think the scholarship situation is a disadvantage than you're being disingenuous.

It’s no more a disadvantage than being in Corvallis, Oregon, but somehow they have been able to put together a championship program. There are PLENTY of baseball players who could make the finances at Miami work out. You just have to find them the way Pat Casey and Tim Corbin convinced players to come to their programs.

Advertisement
It’s no more a disadvantage than being in Corvallis, Oregon, but somehow they have been able to put together a championship program. There are PLENTY of baseball players who could make the finances at Miami work out. You just have to find them the way Pat Casey and Tim Corbin convinced players to come to their programs.
Because they couldn't afford USC and Stanford. That is how these schools emerged, think you are missing that crucial point.

Almost all big state schools emerged when this happened Jagr, that wasn't a coincidence. UNC, UF, UVA, a bunch of big ten schools are now baseball schools, unheard of when I played.

Because they couldn't afford USC and Stanford. That is how these schools emerged, think you are missing that crucial point.

So Pat Casey went out and found the right kids for his program and turned a nothing program into a national champion. How is that different from what I said. Gino has to find the right players for our program, and that includes the financial angle, just like with Casey.

Advertisement
Almost all big state schools emerged when this happened Jagr, that wasn't a coincidence. UNC, UF, UVA, a bunch of big ten schools are now baseball schools, unheard of when I played.

Since what happened? We went to 11.7 scholarships in 1991. Before Jim Morris even arrived. Using that as an excuse 28 years later is disingenuous.

So Pat Casey went out and found the right kids for his program and turned a nothing program into a national champion. How is that different from what I said. Gino has to find the right players for our program, and that includes the financial angle, just like with Casey.
He had to sell these kids sure, options became limited and kids wanted to stay out in the west coast, would be my guess. I mean USC and Stanford got pretty much anybody they wanted out that way back then. This did exactly what it was intended to do.

He had to sell these kids sure, options became limited and kids wanted to stay out in the west coast, would be my guess. I mean USC and Stanford got pretty much anybody they wanted out that way back then. This did exactly what it was intended to do.

And did you notice that it didn’t help Washington, Cal, Utah, etc. There wasn’t some special Oregon State clause. Pat Casey convinced kids to go to a nothing program in a nothing city. But we’re rolling out excuses for why Gino can’t get kids to come to a blue blood baseball program.

Since what happened? We went to 11.7 scholarships in 1991. Before Jim Morris even arrived. Using that as an excuse 28 years later is disingenuous.
Somehow teams were able to skirt that for quite a few years, no clue how. basically thru 97 that had no impact. Almost exactly at the same time, all of the elite private schools fell off. Us, USC, Stanford, Rice still had a nice run, Vandy, Gt even dipped, it was a private school game sans ASU, Okie st MSU, Texas and a few others. That changed when this became the law of the land. I don't know the semantics of it all, things just don't flip like that for no reason. It was clear we were struggling to get top kids to sign. So a guy that wins titles, a storied program, just falls off and you think just because?

Advertisement
Back