TOS: Where will new five-star Evan Neal end up?

Here is a fact that might surprise some people.

Former OL who started games this year in the NFL:

Alabama: 6
Miami: 5

Alabama has more consistent starters, but none of them are world beaters. Brandon Linder is by far the best player in the group.
D$ always bring straight facts to the board

Advertisement
Are they developing talent, though, or just bringing in 3-4 of the top OL every recruiting season? Seems like it's pretty easy to "develop talent" when you have the most talent to start with.

But as stated above, it's hard to push argument when we're losing to the UVAs and BCs of the world.

A bit of both, more of bringing in the best players first

Here is a fact that might surprise some people.

Former OL who started games this year in the NFL:

Alabama: 6
Miami: 5

Alabama has more consistent starters, but none of them are world beaters. Brandon Linder is by far the best player in the group.

How many of those guys did Searles or Richt coach compared to how many Nick Saban coached? Would be interested to see how many starters Richt has from his UGA days as well

How many of those guys did Searles or Richt coach compared to how many Nick Saban coached? Would be interested to see how many starters Richt has from his UGA days as well

Miami has produce the most out of the 3 schools in the past 5 years.

Alabama (6)
James Carpenter (8), OG, Jets, Seahawks (1st round, 25), 95 NFL Starts
Chance S. Warmack (6), OG, Eagles, Titans (1st Round, 10), 51 NFL Starts
Danny Lee Jesus Fluker (6), OT, Seahawks, Chargers (1st round, 11), 70 NFL Starts
Ryan Kelly (3), C, Colts (1st round, 18), 31 NFL Starts
Cameron D. Robinson (2), OT, Jaguars (2nd Round, 34), 17 NFL Starts
Bradley Bozeman (R), C, Ravens (6th round, 215), 1 NFL Start

Miami (5)
Brandon Linder (5), OG, Jaguars (3rd Round, 93), 53 NFL Starts
Seantrel Henderson (5), OT, Texans, Bills (7th Round, 237), 28 NFL Starts
Ereck Flowers (4), OT, Jaguars, Giants (1st Round, 9), 48 NFL Starts
Jonathan Feliciano (4), OG, Raiders (4th Round, 128), 7 NFL Starts
Danny Isidora (2) OG, Vikings (5th Round, 180), 2 NFL Starts

Georgia (4)
David Andrews (4), C, Patriots (FA), 48 NFL Starts
Clint Boling (8), OG, Bengals (4th round, 101), 101 NFL Starts
Ben Jones (7), C, Titans (4th Round, 99), 82 NFL Starts
Cordy Glenn (7), T, Bengals, Bills (2nd round, 41) 85 NFL Starts

I think it comes down more to the below things (outside of any Bama payments)

1.). Playing Time- lots of it at Miami
2.) how well you get along with position coach - don’t think kids hate Searals just don’t vibe, the guy is old school which may work for a blue collar 3 Star from Northeast but 4* + Florida kid the old school doesn’t work

Advertisement
Bama, it begs the question.
Why are you so successful in the trenches in college but don’t get anyone drafted compared to the numbers you recruit at the position. It would make sense that your oline is dominant you would have nfl talent. But it seems like this isn’t the case in college at all.
I think the issue is that nfl caliber talent is rare. And even more rare and hard to predict as the talent level increase. There is a difference from high school to college and then to the nfl. Then you have to talk about longevity in the nfl and that can be luck or lack of depth at your respective position.
I think bamas formula in the trenches is good. Get a bunch of the biggest highly rated dudes and weed them out.
If the oline evaluation for recruits was so spot on it would seem that they would have a bunch of dudes in the nfl. Especially since they’ve been a traditional run firstt offense. And especially when it’s full of the highest rated kids.
I think they just get the bigges dudes and they dominate smaller dudes. This becomes less and less apparent when you get to the nfl where everyone is big fast and strong and you can’t get away with what you did in college.
Bamas and clemson’s Olines are just as heavy as the nfl ones.
It’s even more astonishing when you figure that they also go against the highest rated dudes in practice and still dont develop them into nfl oline draft picks.
Going to bama doesn’t guarantee jack squat except bags and a lot college wins.
We’ve had draft picks down here at that position recently and haven’t sniffed the layoffs.

If you count Cam Robinson for Bama then you have to count Isaiah Wynn for Georgia. Both have been injured all year pretty much.

Advertisement
Bama writer has an article with Neal's mom. Obviously it will have a Bama slant but it does not sound good at all. Says Neal has always loved Bama and he decommitted because the family thought it was too early and wanted him to make an informed decision. Mom went on a visit to Baga alone and was impressed. Only thing she said about Miami was that she's had family come here and she's a huge fan but that's going with the heart. Basically said the decision will be a "business decision".

Even with the Bama slant, he gone, IMO.

Bama writer has an article with Neal's mom. Obviously it will have a Bama slant but it does not sound good at all. Says Neal has always loved Bama and he decommitted because the family thought it was too early and wanted him to make an informed decision. Mom went on a visit to Baga alone and was impressed. Only thing she said about Miami was that she's had family come here and she's a huge fan but that's going with the heart. Basically said the decision will be a "business decision".

Even with the Bama slant, he gone, IMO.

Bama has made him the #1 OL priority which means bags will be dropped.

Miami has produce the most out of the 3 schools in the past 5 years.

Alabama (6)
James Carpenter (8), OG, Jets, Seahawks (1st round, 25), 95 NFL Starts
Chance S. Warmack (6), OG, Eagles, Titans (1st Round, 10), 51 NFL Starts
Danny Lee Jesus Fluker (6), OT, Seahawks, Chargers (1st round, 11), 70 NFL Starts
Ryan Kelly (3), C, Colts (1st round, 18), 31 NFL Starts
Cameron D. Robinson (2), OT, Jaguars (2nd Round, 34), 17 NFL Starts
Bradley Bozeman (R), C, Ravens (6th round, 215), 1 NFL Start

Miami (5)
Brandon Linder (5), OG, Jaguars (3rd Round, 93), 53 NFL Starts
Seantrel Henderson (5), OT, Texans, Bills (7th Round, 237), 28 NFL Starts
Ereck Flowers (4), OT, Jaguars, Giants (1st Round, 9), 48 NFL Starts
Jonathan Feliciano (4), OG, Raiders (4th Round, 128), 7 NFL Starts
Danny Isidora (2) OG, Vikings (5th Round, 180), 2 NFL Starts

Georgia (4)
David Andrews (4), C, Patriots (FA), 48 NFL Starts
Clint Boling (8), OG, Bengals (4th round, 101), 101 NFL Starts
Ben Jones (7), C, Titans (4th Round, 99), 82 NFL Starts
Cordy Glenn (7), T, Bengals, Bills (2nd round, 41) 85 NFL Starts

Throw Wynn who the Pats just drafted in the 1st round into that too.

Miami is about to miss on MAR, McIntosh (not too big of a deal), Neal, with Stevenson and Haslewood on the fence. Crowley, all of the sudden, isn't a sure thing with OSU involved. Additionally, our strategy of putting all our eggs in one basket is going to backfire big time. This is concerning.

Advertisement
Miami is about to miss on MAR, McIntosh (not too big of a deal), Neal, with Stevenson and Handlewood on the fence. Crowley, all of the sudden, isn't a sure thing with OSU involved. Additionally, our strategy of putting all our eggs in one basket is going to backfire big time. This is concerning.
So let’s keep a tack, our offense is sh*tty, recruiting is sh*tty, not exactly going out on a limb but could imagine frustrated freshman from not playing and we are on a losing streak with a coach who doesn’t think his 4 play playbook is a problem. Damnit man

So let’s keep a tack, our offense is sh*tty, recruiting is sh*tty, not exactly going out on a limb but could imagine frustrated freshman from not playing and we are on a losing streak with a coach who doesn’t think his 4 play playbook is a problem. Damnit man

Times is tough

Waste of time recruiting Neal.. this staff can’t close and they can’t coach on game day.. if I had a son I wouldn’t want him playing for richt

Advertisement
Waste of time recruiting Neal.. this staff can’t close and they can’t coach on game day.. if I had a son I wouldn’t want him playing for richt

But you was cheering like a groupie when we beat ND, VT, and FSU last year lol

We're not going to land Neal and of course are stupidly not recruiting guys like Wardrick Wilson, Mark Fox, or Danielson Ike

If we can't get the 5* program changing OTackle (a position we've consistently struggled in for god knows how long) that is basically handed to us on a silver platter (local kid, related to former Canes, etc)... how am I supposed to have any faith that we will get better... I mean look at the OL that takes the field now... if we can't even hit the kids we need 3 years in to improve it... Ugh.

If we can't get the 5* program changing OTackle (a position we've consistently struggled in for god knows how long) that is basically handed to us on a silver platter (local kid, related to former Canes, etc)... how am I supposed to have any faith that we will get better... I mean look at the OL that takes the field now... if we can't even hit the kids we need 3 years in to improve it... Ugh.
Your fault for believing a 5 star is "handed to us on a silver platter"

Advertisement
Back