TOS: Where will new five-star Evan Neal end up?

Advertisement
Who is currently on this roster that can be penciled in as a starter at left tackle next year?

I meant in general. He will have an opportunity to start, but when people talk about the kid it's as if he's a definite starter no matter what, I don't see that. Now, he could start for us because we suck at LT, but I think if he starts for us he's going to struggle. Just my .02

Yeah they are, actually.

Everyone pegged TC to come to Miami. Y? Whole family were Cane fans, and his father like figure played here and is the coach here.

Ppl pegged Neal to be here. Y? Whole family Canes and his uncle played here.

We gotta stop penciling in guys just b/c the whole family are Canes or just b/c a family member used to play here or close family friend played here. NONE of that chit means nothing to these youngsters today. It helps, but it’s as 50/50 as any other recruit. OK, maybe 55/45.

Tyson Campbell showed way less interest than Evan Neal has up to this point

Advertisement
All it took was 1 NFL player telling Neal he had a bad body and he completely changed his diet, fitness, and body mantienance. He dropped 40 pounds at 17. This kid is dedicated to becoming an 1st rounder. He won’t solve our scheme issues, but man we really need him.

He is up there with Nesta, Chad Thomas, Donaldson, Kaaya, Jarren Williams level of importance for us

He has NFL talent if he works at it. What school can best develop that talent at this point to be a high draft pick? He is going to go there.

He has NFL talent if he works at it. What school can best develop that talent at this point to be a high draft pick? He is going to go there.

The answer to your question is Bama and Neal knows it’s bama. Luckily for us, he has a family full of Miami fans.

Advertisement
TWIW but Hank South from the Baga site had a Q&A on Friday before we **** the bed and they asked him to rank in order who he thinks their next commit will be and he said Neal. They asked him if Neal’s waiting for his family’s blessing and said no that it’s not going to be a factor. He’s close to put a CB into Baga for him.

TWIW but Hank South from the Baga site had a Q&A on Friday before we **** the bed and they asked him to rank in order who he thinks their next commit will be and he said Neal. They asked him if Neal’s waiting for his family’s blessing and said no that it’s not going to be a factor. He’s close to put a CB into Baga for him.

Yeah, more and more signs point to this and that’s not even considering how ****** out on-field play is. All Saban has to do is say “look at Miami - they don’t have anyone who can develop OL - that position is a mess.” Case closed. Don’t matter if his entire family is canes

Newberg saying Neal confirmed he's going to take an OV to FSU after the UOV this past weekend. Was very impressed with Taggart. Expects the details to be finalized this week. Will also take OVs to Bama, Miami, and possibly OU.

Also said his source close to Neal continues to say Alabama leads with Miami and FSU batting for 2nd place.

I would be pretty surprised at this point if he goes anywhere other than Alabama.

Newberg saying Neal confirmed he's going to take an OV to FSU after the UOV this past weekend. Was very impressed with Taggart. Expects the details to be finalized this week. Will also take OVs to Bama, Miami, and possibly OU.

Also said his source close to Neal continues to say Alabama leads with Miami and FSU batting for 2nd place.

I would be pretty surprised at this point if he goes anywhere other than Alabama.

We've been bad, no denying that. But I don't understand how FSU could be taken seriously. You don't lose 59-10 to Clemson at home with the talent that Jimbo left Taggart.

Advertisement
We've been bad, no denying that. But I don't understand how FSU could be taken seriously. You don't lose 59-10 to Clemson at home with the talent that Jimbo left Taggart.

Taggart is pretty much telling elite 2019 kids they can come in and start Day 1.

Say what you want but Taggart is an absolutely elite recruiter. He can sell the early playing time because we stink and the we stink because of Jimbo's kids. Not saying either are true, but he's an A+ salesman. Don't ever be surprised about anything RE: their recruiting. But the on-field play has been exactly what I expected. He's awful.

Advertisement
Taggart is pretty much telling elite 2019 kids they can come in and start Day 1.

I'm sure he is. Golden would tell every recruiting class the same thing.

It's just funny because Jimbo had a great run for 7 years until his last year. And Jimbo had top 5 recruiting classes every cycle until his last year. Again, with that talent (even those some overrated), you don't lose 59-10 at home to Clemson and not be considered a corch. That was the one college football coaching job that was open that left you little room for excuses.

He’s been saying that for months but he continues to dismiss Miami in the recruitment as if neal only likes bama which isn’t the case

Say what you want but Taggart is an absolutely elite recruiter. He can sell the early playing time because we stink and the we stink because of Jimbo's kids. Not saying either are true, but he's an A+ salesman. Don't ever be surprised about anything RE: their recruiting. But the on-field play has been exactly what I expected. He's awful.

Some kids are already seeing through the BS with Taggart. They're probably going to miss out on a bowl game in almost over 40 years.

Some kids are already seeing through the BS with Taggart. They're probably going to miss out on a bowl game in almost over 40 years.

I still think they will close well because at the end of the day its FSU. And its FSU with tons of playing time across the board.

Advertisement
Back