TOS: Where will new five-star Evan Neal end up?

I mean He’s not the only legacy this cycle that hasn’t committed yet that we thought should have been committed by now so I assume you have the stance with Mark Antony Richards and Kenny mcintosh as you do with neal correct? Neal imo is just a different kid and is going to make an informed decision, seems like a no nonsense kind of guy and doesn’t play games
If Miami doesn't at least get 2 of 3 it's a major fail imo.

Advertisement
No bueno from the standpoint when you think why would he have only set up the Bama OV at this time and not other schools, including the U, as well. I think the kid knows where he wants to go already.
That’s silly. He set up that visit because it’s the iron bowl and because we wanna being in our top guys all for 1 official visit together but we aren’t sure when that will be.

Advertisement
If Miami doesn't at least get 2 of 3 it's a major fail imo.
Outside of our QB recruiting, OL recruiting seems to be the other big disaster and I am not complaining about the commits we already have. I like both Tarquin and Kingsley but we need multiple recruits and I just don’t see Neal coming here. These kids who choose to play for super teams like IMG and AH etc seem like they want to play for teams that are already established rather than helping to build a program up.

When I read that article I said it came off as if that kid wasn't feeling the early PT pitch.

Every single coach who sit across from him is going to feed him that line. We'll have to win this one on development and kicking ***.

Honestly it’s better imo for officials to happen after the season.

The coaches and players can really put their full attention on the prospect, not having the distraction of pre game planning, meetings, and the actual game.

On record by my count Neal visited Miami for the FSU and Pitt games in fall of 2016.

He unofficially visited Miami in January 2017, and then again Junior day in February 2017.

He visited again in March 2017.

He then visited for the UVA game in 2017.

He then came to Junior Day this March 2018.

He then visited Miami in June this year for another unofficial.

Over that period he camped at Bama in 2016, and then unofficially visited this past June, but then visited Miami right after.
Smart individual. Follow the visits. If we get the last official visit before he signs, I like our chances of landing his signature. Bama will be tough to beat out though.

Advertisement
I mean He’s not the only legacy this cycle that hasn’t committed yet that we thought should have been committed by now so I assume you have the stance with Mark Antony Richards and Kenny mcintosh as you do with neal correct? Neal imo is just a different kid and is going to make an informed decision, seems like a no nonsense kind of guy and doesn’t play games
Richards and McIntosh don’t have the longstanding UM bloodlines that Neal does. And, frankly, I don’t see McIntosh as anywhere near the prospect or as vital as Neal is.

Not really sure what your call out is here anyway. I’m specifically discussing Neal and his situation. I view every case differently and on its own merits. But I think we should be able to get Richards and McIntosh if we want them and the playing field is even (read: if bags aren’t a factor).

Richards and McIntosh don’t have the longstanding UM bloodlines that Neal does. And, frankly, I don’t see McIntosh as anywhere near the prospect or as vital as Neal is.

Not really sure what your call out is here anyway. I’m specifically discussing Neal and his situation. I view every case differently and on its own merits. But I think we should be able to get Richards and McIntosh if we want them and the playing field is even (read: if bags aren’t a factor).
No call out but you can take that stance with any of the rest of our targets we are pursuing since most haven’t committed yet including other legacies

Advertisement
No call out but you can take that stance with any of the rest of our targets we are pursuing since most haven’t committed yet including other legacies
I’ll take stances with each guy based on what I think about each guy on his own if that’s ok with you, Officer.

That's why I want to get on them a bit early so if we don't get them we can focus more of our time on someone else while we still have time. We keep trying to hit buzzer beaters with these top prospects with these last OV when some of those kids already have their mind made up before they even show up.

I would rather we convince a kid Miami is the place to be so that the pressure is on Alabama/UGA. Instead of having all the pressure on us trying to convince them why they shouldn't go to Alabama/UGA with not much time to truly think about.

At least then you can potentially front runner in the minds of some kids before they go on a OV to Bama with Bama playing from behind instead of us.
We've been on Neal. I get what you're saying but with those special type talented kids you fight to the end. If you miss on the kid that's just part of recruiting. I do agree that we should have backup plans to go with. Hopefully the juco kid that has been mentioned in other threads is one. I know we're also going after D. Washington. In the end I'm confident about our chances. We have beaten Bama for some guys that they really wanted as well. We just have to watch things play out.

Advertisement
Yes I am.
Kapulaites,

Are you Greek? Your name sounds Greek. Someone said in another post that the Greeks on campus tailgate on campus but don't go to the games.

The U needs to do more to acculturate Greek students to American sports...need to do the same with all international students... Italians, Spaniards, Roumamians, Waxed Brazilians..

Games like last night are exactly why top prospects regardless of position in the true county area hesitate to come here. We **** around with teams we should throttle. Virginia sucks. You could see the difference in team speed. Their QB was star struck last night in the first quarter and that game could’ve been over by halftime.

Losing to a good/better team I can live with. Losing to a team that is average at best is extremely troublesome. We are legitimately looking at losing another 2-3 games this year and anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional. Kids like Neal want to come here, but we give them reasons not to. And then they go to Bama or elsewhere. We’re lucky Neal has the lineage he does or he’d already be gone.

Games like last night are exactly why top prospects regardless of position in the true county area hesitate to come here. We **** around with teams we should throttle. Virginia sucks. You could see the difference in team speed. Their QB was star struck last night in the first quarter and that game could’ve been over by halftime.

Losing to a good/better team I can live with. Losing to a team that is average at best is extremely troublesome. We are legitimately looking at losing another 2-3 games this year and anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional. Kids like Neal want to come here, but we give them reasons not to. And then they go to Bama or elsewhere. We’re lucky Neal has the lineage he does or he’d already be gone.
I said we would stomp uva on the bases that they,, umm how do I put it....SASUUUUCCCKKK CCCAAAAAAKKKKK!!!!
However, I was homerishly blatantly blind to how bad our offense is and will bee this season.
Meh, do t worry, just shuffling the oline so we can run it down peoples throat.
Ahh don’t worry, just being conservative to run the clock and ease Perry into the starting role.
Top tier teams end this game halfway through the 2nd quarter.
We lost to a horrible team.
No reason we should not be undefeated. If I gave you all the offensive stats of LSU and UVA and nothing else, every one on here would say no way that wasn’t a W. But yet we lost to A ***gotty looking mascot team.

Definitely something out of the *** pride parade.
(Not that there is anything wrong with that)
7C589A78-CC9B-4597-8C62-2E886A4E2507.jpeg

Advertisement
Back