TOS: Where will new five-star Evan Neal end up?

I'm split on this but I read another Bama insider said they have very limited spots left for the 19 class.

They have 4 OL committed (3OTs) but they still are heavy on Wright and Webb with Neal. I'm assuming they are all going to decide around one of the signing days as well..

I said this in another post.. Bama may or may not even have space for an Akeem Dent at DB. I don't necessarily buy it but the fact their insiders are saying it shows they are tight..
They will make room for both of them

Advertisement
7am on the west coast not sure I'm ready for the backlash but here we go

It doesn't help out chances for him to see our OLine being pushed around. Sure you can pitch immediate playing time but this kid is going to get that anywhere. He's that's good.

He's interested in top coaching, and currently Searels has the weakest unit on the team (aside from specials). He was gifted a 5 star talent in Donaldson who has been playing out of position and struggled with weight.

If we don't get Neal it's not due to bags. It's because we haven't shown him the proper developmental path that'll lead him to the league.

Let's be real everybody is reaching here. If he wanted to take an OV here now we'd worry about Saban with the last chance but if he goes to Bama first then he doesn't want to be here and doesn't value us. Neal doesn't do interviews and he plays close to the vest so nobody should be worried at all right now

Last edited:
7am on the west coast not sure I'm ready for the backlash but here we go

It doesn't help out chances for him to see our OLine being pushed around. Sure you can pitch immediate playing time but this kid is going to get that anywhere. He's that's good.

He's interested in top coaching, and currently Searels has the weakest unit on the team (aside from specials). He was gifted a 5 star talent in Donaldson who has been playing out of position and struggled with weight.

If we don't get Neal it's not due to bags. It's because we haven't shown him the proper developmental path that'll lead him to the league.

When I read that article I said it came off as if that kid wasn't feeling the early PT pitch.

Advertisement
Not feeling overly confident about him. Literally the only thing he ever says about Miami is that his mom likes Richt and that they’ll get a visit. Not trying to be a mope, but reading between the tea leaves it almost feels like he is just doing the Miami visit out of respect for moms. This is the kind of kid that commits to Bama and leaves us like, how the **** do they land EVERYONE. I hope we have some quality fall back options. We should be going after juco OTs. We need someone who can come in and make an immediate impact.

We get last OV after Bama in a 2 horse race...Bueno

Campbell, Surtain, Juedy, etc just to name a few of top targets we got the last (or one of the last) OV from and they still dipped.

Getting the last OV is one of the most overstated things on this board. When it comes to these types of players who are NOT committed to us it meant nothing in the past so I'll go ahead and say it means nothing now.

At this point, I would rather get an OV BEFORE Alabama because some times those OV don't even happen after Alabama and Georgia for that matter.

Advertisement
Campbell, Surtain, Juedy, etc just to name a few of top targets we got the last (or one of the last) OV from and they still dipped.

Getting the last OV is one of the most overstated things on this board. When it comes to these types of players who are NOT committed to us it meant nothing in the past so I'll go ahead and say it means nothing now.

At this point, I would rather get an OV BEFORE Alabama because some times those OV don't even happen after Alabama and Georgia for that matter.
I mean It was clear before the visits that all 3 of those guys were leaning elsewhere jeudy(who only considered Miami again after the loss of a family member). Campbell was rumored uga since the end of December

Double exactly.

With his family ties to UM, if he hasn’t pulled the trigger yet, then he likely won’t. Okeechobee is a lot more like than it is Miami.

**** shame the family doesn’t have more pull with this dude because we need him badly. But he clearly looks like he’s rather be an Alabaga groupie.

I mean It was clear before the visits that all 3 of those guys were leaning elsewhere jeudy(who only considered Miami again after the loss of a family member). Campbell was rumored uga since the end of December

That's why I want to get on them a bit early so if we don't get them we can focus more of our time on someone else while we still have time. We keep trying to hit buzzer beaters with these top prospects with these last OV when some of those kids already have their mind made up before they even show up.

I would rather we convince a kid Miami is the place to be so that the pressure is on Alabama/UGA. Instead of having all the pressure on us trying to convince them why they shouldn't go to Alabama/UGA with not much time to truly think about.

At least then you can potentially front runner in the minds of some kids before they go on a OV to Bama with Bama playing from behind instead of us.

No bueno from the standpoint when you think why would he have only set up the Bama OV at this time and not other schools, including the U, as well. I think the kid knows where he wants to go already.

Or, since it's out of state and taking an official visit takes more planning than coming on an official to Miami. But I guess critical thinking has gone out the window.

Advertisement
Double exactly.

With his family ties to UM, if he hasn’t pulled the trigger yet, then he likely won’t. Okeechobee is a lot more like than it is Miami.

**** shame the family doesn’t have more pull with this dude because we need him badly. But he clearly looks like he’s rather be an Alabaga groupie.

It seems every kid with UM ties or die hard Miami family never have any pull. The only time we seem to get players with Miami ties is the Canes legacy who show up here and play like they don't belong in division 1 football, like Feagles.

He said he's for sure going to set up a Miami OV. We will likely get him a couple weeks before signing day like we usually try to plan it. All the complaining in this thread is ridiculous. I'm not saying we get the guy but reading into that OV statement is way overdone. We will get the best OV which is the last one.

Advertisement
It seems every kid with UM ties or die hard Miami family never have any pull. The only time we seem to get players with Miami ties is the Canes legacy who show up here and play like they don't belong in division 1 football, like Feagles.
Finally got a blue-chip legacy here, and he’s treating us like our butt stinks.

We actually do pretty well with legacies. Patchan, Chic., Blades, Mira, B. Dunn, Gary, Dunn did well and Pat Bethel seems solid. To support your point. Lewis was a bust, Highsmith was a jag, Irvin and Feagles May turn it around who knows.

Last edited:
He said he's for sure going to set up a Miami OV. We will likely get him a couple weeks before signing day like we usually try to plan it. All the complaining in this thread is ridiculous. I'm not saying we get the guy but reading into that OV statement is way overdone. We will get the best OV which is the last one.
I’m not putting any stock in his statements or interview. I’m looking at his actions and his family ties to UM. Legacies are usually either all in and commit out of the womb, or they don’t give a fck about being a legacy.

Keep in mind also that Okeechobee is redneck heaven. It’s TusKKKaloosa Jr.

Finally got a blue-chip legacy here, and he’s treating us like our butt stinks.
I mean He’s not the only legacy this cycle that hasn’t committed yet that we thought should have been committed by now so I assume you have the stance with Mark Antony Richards and Kenny mcintosh as you do with neal correct? Neal imo is just a different kid and is going to make an informed decision, seems like a no nonsense kind of guy and doesn’t play games

Advertisement
Back