TOS article Randy Melvin strong DL candidate

I understand the Temple ties are troubling...but does the fact that he interviewed and then was hired by the greatest defensive mind of our generation count for anything?

Don't know him from a can of paint, but if Belicheck will have you on his staff, how awful can the guy be?

Charlie-Weis-is-leaving-KC.jpg

Weiss is a great Coordinator, but horrible coach...

That's why his last to OC jobs were one and done right?

So helping Tom Brady go from game manager to superstar means nothing?

Turning Brady Quinn and Jimmy Claussen into top picks counts for nothing?

Come on guy...be serious

Advertisement
I understand the Temple ties are troubling...but does the fact that he interviewed and then was hired by the greatest defensive mind of our generation count for anything?

Don't know him from a can of paint, but if Belicheck will have you on his staff, how awful can the guy be?

Come on guy...be serious

Brady Quinn and Jimmy Claussen rode the ND hype machine, if anything their lack of NFL success is an indictment on Weis.

Lol at giving him credit for Brady. Under Weis he was the definition of game manager. His years under Weis are easily the worst of his career outside of maybe 2013.

Come on guy...be serious

Brady Quinn and Jimmy Claussen rode the ND hype machine, if anything their lack of NFL success is an indictment on Weis.

Lol at giving him credit for Brady. Under Weis he was the definition of game manager. His years under Weis are easily the worst of his career outside of maybe 2013.

Really??? I mean he did win 3 Super Bowls under Weiss as his Coordinator.... after that nothing until this year....

Bill O'Brien has done pretty well himself I might add... first at Penn State then now with the Texans... he was responsible for Matt Cassel that one year when Brady was out for the year when he tore his ACL

I'm not sure why anyone is surprised with this.

Since Golden knows they are all getting fired next year anyway (or if they have a good record, they are leaving on their own), he would rather go down with his own men who he is comfortable with, rather than have a system and style he doesn't believe in (and coaches who would coach it) foisted on him. It's all about pride and ego at this point.

It's sad but predictable. The tragedy in this is that for a football coach, Golden is a very, very bright man. He isn't the typical meathead that you'd find in this profession. He's obviously a very intelligent person (even taking into account that much if what he says is PR shticks), but smart folks can still be susceptible to basic human failings like pride, ego, rigidity, desire to prove you are right even in the face of incontrovertible facts, etc.

If this guy would just go back and LISTEN to what he himself said in his opening PC about "players not plays" and not alienating local HSs, he'd see the path out of his own misery. He laid it out himself. He just won't do what he said he'd do. The ultimate irony.

No ******* way I believe any of this. The guy is obviously a functional ******. **** AG!

Advertisement

Since Golden knows they are all getting fired next year anyway (or if they have a good record, they are leaving on their own), he would rather go down with his own men who he is comfortable with, rather than have a system and style he doesn't believe in (and coaches who would coach it) foisted on him. It's all about pride and ego at this point.

It's sad but predictable. The tragedy in this is that for a football coach, Golden is a very, very bright man. He isn't the typical meathead that you'd find in this profession. He's obviously a very intelligent person (even taking into account that much if what he says is PR shticks), but smart folks can still be susceptible to basic human failings like pride, ego, rigidity, desire to prove you are right even in the face of incontrovertible facts, etc.

If this guy would just go back and LISTEN to what he himself said in his opening PC about "players not plays" and not alienating local HSs, he'd see the path out of his own misery. He laid it out himself. He just won't do what he said he'd do. The ultimate irony.

No ****ing way I believe any of this. The guy is obviously a functional ******. **** AG!

As a gameday coach you are correct. He sucks and is stubborn. But as a person he seems pretty bright, which means at some point he should have realized the damage he is doing to his career by being so stubborn.

What does **** Lebeau have to do with anything?

If he was DL coach under schiano then he has at least coaches aggressive balls to the wall defenses before .

Advertisement
Now ITU is reporting that Patrick amd Brown are being considered for the DL coach job..... im pretty sure the players are pushing Golden to hire Brown

Weiss is a great Coordinator, but horrible coach... you dnt necessarily have to be a HC to be successful... I.E. Kirby Smart, Bud Foster, **** Lane Kiffin is a perfect example
LULZ at Weis being a great coordinator.

And LULZ at the thought that Belichick has only ever hired great assistants. You guys act like dudes walk on water.

No ****ing way I believe any of this. The guy is obviously a functional ******. **** AG!

As a gameday coach you are correct. He sucks and is stubborn. But as a person he seems pretty bright, which means at some point he should have realized the damage he is doing to his career by being so stubborn.

What makes him intelligent? His rigidity and inability to adapt and solve problems? Or his incredible decision making that includes getting the job in the most talent rich area of the country that features primarily incredible speed that thrives in attack mode and then trying to build a bloated, plodding team that plays on its heels?

Advertisement
Back