Torretta destroys Golden

Advertisement
Advertisement
It's truly amazing that the administration sits by while this bozo says he doesn't listen to the noise. How can they stand by to all this criticism without hearing it, expert criticism at that. This once gloried program is the laughing stock of the CFB nation. A Pop Warner league coach could do a better job with a simple scheme that let's the players use their skills and instincts. Heck Alfredo & Dorito couldn't win in a Pop Warner league.

Totally frustrated.

Last edited:
Two things made it much worse for Golden:

- Penn State fiasco
- the absurd excuses and blaming players

It's one thing to be a horrible coach with horrible results. But when you tried to take another job and blame your issues on your players and the nighttime??? F.O.H.

Advertisement
Former players are becoming increasingly aware that Miami is slipping into afterthought status - so much so that they're getting ****ed. Why? Because being a great former player from a so-what program anymore has no marketing buzz whatsoever.

Something not being mentioned is gino being super tight with golden. They're close. Now you lost one of your biggest supporter. Woof

Advertisement

- Penn State fiasco

It's one thing to be a horrible coach with horrible results. But when you tried to take another job and blame your issues on your players and the nighttime??? F.O.H.

THIS

I didnt realize when Golden said he had 9 in the box he meatn 9 in the rectangle form CB to CB. That *****

At this point, whoever let him step foot back on campus after his long weekend sucking **** to get the Pedo State job should be fired first.

Advertisement
Don't expect folks to step in and blow the thing up tomorrow. Be patient, this will all play out in time.

“You can’t tell me we don’t have some players on the team. The only team that has beaten us in recruiting in the ACC is FloridaState. If that’s the case, shouldn’t we be beating those teams?”

This should be the answer whenever someone says there is no talent. Despite the cloud excuse, our classes were better than all these teams we're losing to. Even our defensive players were highly coveted. Winning programs wanted Tracy, they wanted Deon, they wanted Chick, they were bummed when they didn't get Denzel, and Jamal Carter. The issue is obvious.

Absolutely. Even in the first couple years under Golden, when there may have been any legitimacy to the claims that Shannon left him crappy players or that the "cloud" had an impact, the argument that we weren't talented enough to beat some of the crappy ACC teams we were losing to was BS. I'll concede that we weren't, and probably aren't quite yet, good enough to beat FSU. However, other than FSU, there is not a single team on our schedule that we shouldn't beat given the talent level on this team.

Are you going to tell me that Michigan State's defensive players are so much better than ours (if better at all) that they can shut down Abdullah while we get gashed by him? The answer is clearly NO. There is simply no reason that in year 4 of this coaching staff that we shouldn't have been able to shut down Nebraska just like MSU. There is simply no reason that in year 4 of this coaching staff that we shouldn't be able to stop a one dimensional offense like GT, which was the least talented GT option team I can remember with an average B back, no notable A backs, no big time WRs (like a Demaryius Thomas or Stephen Hill) and a QB that was under a 50% passer before the game.

We don't need the 2001 defense to slow down a first time starting QB and backup RB from Lville, or to keep Logan Thomas (and many, many other QBs) from having career days against us. We don't need the 2001 offense to convert on more than 20% of our 3rd downs. The statistics that have been put out there are both damning and clear - this coaching staff is a joke and the teams it has produced have grossly underachieved. We have plenty of talent to win a Coastal division that is mediocre, at best, and yet, for another year, we're going to fall short because we're still losing to mediocre ACC teams. Good coaches are able to maximize the talent and skills of their players, through development, scheme and strategy. Instead, our coaches have found a way to minimize the collective talent of this team and make perform far worse than where we should be. Whether it's scheme, execution, talent level (which it's not), in year 4, that's on the coaching staff. Any excuses at this point are pure BS.

- Penn State fiasco

I'll add another one: always changing the conversation to talk about the offense. "Al, why did you give up three thousand yards to Abdullah?" "Well, if the offense would have sustained more drives...."

The obvious protection of his buddy makes me sick.

I didnt realize when Golden said he had 9 in the box he meatn 9 in the rectangle form CB to CB. That *****

His box is much different from what other coaches consider as the box....Its probably anything within 25 yards of the ball in every direction. Guy is truly truly a ******* idiot

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Back