Torretta destroys Golden

Everyone sees the problem except Al. They use to say about Bear, "he'll take his-ens and beat your-ens, then he'll take your-ens and beat his-ens." That is what coaching is. Al is the opposite. Jimbo would take our players and beat the crap out of his players IF Al was coaching them. And Jimbo is no Bear Bryant.

It was Bum Phillips talking about Don Shula.

Advertisement
Everyone sees the problem except Al. They use to say about Bear, "he'll take his-ens and beat your-ens, then he'll take your-ens and beat his-ens." That is what coaching is. Al is the opposite. Jimbo would take our players and beat the crap out of his players IF Al was coaching them. And Jimbo is no Bear Bryant.

Was said about Don Shula, but point taken.

And it was the late, great, A. O. "Bum" Phillips who said that....

We're getting into uncharted territory here. I knew he wasn't the greatest coach, but it seems like he's f*cking delusional.

Advertisement
The actual quote:

"Bryant can take his'n and beat your'n, and then he can turn around and take your'n, and beat his'n. Houston Oiler Coach Bum Phillips, a former player under Coach Bear Bryant.

I hope this clarifies the confusion.

The actual quote:

"Bryant can take his'n and beat your'n, and then he can turn around and take your'n, and beat his'n. Houston Oiler Coach Bum Phillips, a former player under Coach Bear Bryant.

He actually said it about both coaches

The actual quote:

Well, that would be a real trick, considering that Shula is not named Bryant.

The actual quote:

I don't know whether you were around in the late '70s and early '80s, but those of us who were actually *heard* Bum Phillips say that about Don Shula. There may be an apocryphal (or not) quote on the Internet where he says it about Bear Bryant, but the more recent and relevant attribution refers to Shula.

Advertisement
I used to bash fans who wished losses, but honestly, AND I'VE NEVER ROOTED AGAINST THE U BEFORE, I want us to lose to Cincy b/c that will cause this machine to collapse. Building is forward progress. We have become worst each year statiscally under Golden's regime. How is that building? We don't have the talent, he says....too many night games, he says....We used the same "stuff" last year (although we struggled and got blasted) and we won, he says. This guy is a cancer to our program and he needs to be removed by any means necessary!

Advertisement
You can just feel that it's not a question anymore, but just a matter of when. I'm just hoping this president replacement won't postpone things until the damage is really bad. An AD shows his true abilities not when things are going well, but when things are bad and something has to be done. I'll guess we're going to see what kind of AD James is now. Personally I like the guy but we'll see if he can make the hard decisions.

I just realized I'm not talking about Golden anymore. lol

The actual quote:

I don't know whether you were around in the late '70s and early '80s, but those of us who were actually *heard* Bum Phillips say that about Don Shula. There may be an apocryphal (or not) quote on the Internet where he says it about Bear Bryant, but the more recent and relevant attribution refers to Shula.

Forget it, he's rolling..

[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7vtWB4owdE[/video]

http://www.si.com/college-football/campus-union/2013/05/01/al-golden-tees-off-to-victory

You know it's getting bad when your golfing buddy is selling you out. But hey, at least he won at something.

PQXCKHCBKTQBQFQ.20130430230856.jpg

MECZEPFKUNYGDZE.20130430231306.jpg

That's Geno? Looks old and fat.

Advertisement
The actual quote:

Forget it, he's rolling..

[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7vtWB4owdE[/video]

Yeah, it was Bum Phillips and it was about Shula. I hated Phillips, and Earl Campbell, and that stupid cowboy hat and Dan Pastorini.

Advertisement
Back