Torrence Gibson......

CaneQueTiger

Recruit
I think things with him could get interesting.....

Ohio State has most recently been named his leader. Let's say J.T. Barrett, the redshirt freshman QB that's taking over for Miller at Ohio State, has a great season. This will mean that Torrence will have to sit on the bench for at least another two years to wait his turn. I think Auburn and Ohio State are the only schools that are really offering him a chance to play QB. Tennessee has already signed a 4-star QB for next year's class, so I'm not sure if he is a priority for them anymore. I think his love for the spotlight and the decision to wait to make his decision has caused other schools to sign other QBs for the 2015 class. Maybe he decides to listen to what the experts are telling him and make the switch to WR, commits to the #Revolution, redshirts to get more acclimated to the position, and comes in as another weapon for the 2016 season. What do you think? Too far fetched, or realistic?

Advertisement
A little too far fetched unfortunately. Seems like the type of kid who will stick to his guns and want to be a QB. Would love for this to happen though.

We can only dream.

IMO it would be the smartest decision this kid could make for his future, b/c everyone knows his NFL career will be at WR not QB.

Just like Denard Robinson.

He's likely too short sighted for something like this. May be the best plan but it likely requires too much patience for any kid who as received as much attention as he has, as a young kid.

He will probably execute Rich Rods offense like a beast....then get drafted in the first few rounds as a wr

Advertisement
If yall think for one second urban wont tell him he could come in and win the job yall crazy.gibson will feel more threatened by kaaya than ohio state freshman

Isn't it obvious that he wants to go anywhere but here? We've been recruiting him since the eighth grade and school like Ohio state, Tennessee and auburn have all leapfrogged us and haven't recruited him half as long. He's not coming here we should really move on. Just one of this kids that no matter what u say he just doesn't sound like he wants to be here.

If I'm not mistaken, the only reason why he wasn't considering Miami is because of the type of offense that we run. It had nothing to do with the relationship with the coaches or him not wanting to be here. He wanted to be the QB of a spread offense...we run a pro style. If he moves to WR, he wouldn't have to worry about competing with Kaaya.

Advertisement
If he's open to playing WR down the line if he doesn't work out at QB he'll come. Hometown pressure. And his boy Snelson is committed now. Might play a factor. But I'm not getting my hopes high on this one. Hope he's a Cane, but I don't think it's gonna happen.

according to a bleacher report i saw yesterday he is excited about learning from Braxton next yr being he will more than likely get a medical r/s

Honestly I wouldn't come here if I was him. Hes made for Auburn or OSU imo

I think his ultimate goal is NFL money, not a Heisman. Playing quarterback for those schools won't help him get that money.

Cam was able to buck the trend, but Gibson doesn't have that sort of pure passing ability. Miami needs to sell him on developing into a pro-- either at quarterback in a pro-style system, or if that fails, as a wide receiver in a pro-style system.

Advertisement

Ohio State has most recently been named his leader. Let's say J.T. Barrett, the redshirt freshman QB that's taking over for Miller at Ohio State, has a great season. This will mean that Torrence will have to sit on the bench for at least another two years to wait his turn. I think Auburn and Ohio State are the only schools that are really offering him a chance to play QB. Tennessee has already signed a 4-star QB for next year's class, so I'm not sure if he is a priority for them anymore. I think his love for the spotlight and the decision to wait to make his decision has caused other schools to sign other QBs for the 2015 class. Maybe he decides to listen to what the experts are telling him and make the switch to WR, commits to the #Revolution, redshirts to get more acclimated to the position, and comes in as another weapon for the 2016 season. What do you think? Too far fetched, or realistic?

I guess if we're talking hypotheticals, the Barrett kid could leave after his redshirt sophomore year.

I saw recently he said that "playing QB is his life" when asked about schools looking at him to play other positions

Advertisement

I dont think it affects either way. If the Barret kid balls out, he is gone after his red. Soph season. If he plays bad if feels like he can challenge right away. Im pretty sure Braxton Miller has played his last down in college football. He will probably declare so the depth chart will look wide open.

Braxton is also coming back next season if they allow him to have a Medical Redshirt so he will wait awhile to play there.

The kid should really sit back and think about it. There is no college that is going to allow him to be a QB, QB, he'll only be used mainly for his athletic ability. So when it comes down to senior season and his dreams of going to the NFL seem to be real dry, he's going to wish he listened to what was being said early on. Not knocking his ability to play the position just that you either have it or you don't. With that said where ever he does go to school make sure he gets a good degree.

Honestly I wouldn't come here if I was him. Hes made for Auburn or OSU imo

I think his ultimate goal is NFL money, not a Heisman. Playing quarterback for those schools won't help him get that money.

Cam was able to buck the trend, but Gibson doesn't have that sort of pure passing ability. Miami needs to sell him on developing into a pro-- either at quarterback in a pro-style system, or if that fails, as a wide receiver in a pro-style system.

All you need to do is sit him down and show him two case studies: Anquan Boldin and Denard Robinson. Both committed to their respective schools based on a promise that they would play QB. Both had the physical makeup to be premier at a different position. Boldin is set for life. Robinson is trying to make a roster as a running back.

Advertisement
Back