Torrance Gibson Semifinal Highlights

Advertisement
WANT!!!

577.gif

Very inconsistent as a passer. Would have to see more film. Athletically gifted, but didn't see much skill passing the ball.

Advertisement
I dont see him coming to Miami.... just an opinion of course. I could see him in more of a run based offense like Ohio State's or Auburns. I guess we shall see.

Miami isn't for every player...
If we can get him to change positions LET'S GET EM...
If not, Ohio State or Auburn would be a lot better fit imo

I dont see him coming to Miami.... just an opinion of course. I could see him in more of a run based offense like Ohio State's or Auburns. I guess we shall see.

But... But... OSU throws the ball to their WR's a TON! :confused:

Advertisement
The only highlight I need to see is the one that made SportsCenter. That was a special, special play, and it takes a really great athlete to pull that off.

You can coach a kid to be a more polished QB, especially at Gibson's stage of development. The inherent athleticism and playmaking ability when the pocket breaks down that he has is something you can't teach. Those are intangibles that guys like Johnny Manziel have. Not saying he's Manziel right now and today, just saying I see the potential is there for something like that.

As far as what I did get from that video--I saw that Sony can't pass protect. Whoever is stepping in at QB after Aaron Murray will get killed if Sony doesn't tighten that up when he gets to Athens.

Great athlete and has good arm strength, but his feet are a nightmare and has no accuracy. I think his ceiling is so high you take him regardless but he will be a project at QB to say the least. His money position is probably WR in our offense but like others have said he would be a great fit for a spread/option offense. I hope we can convince him to stay home and see what he turns into

Another South Florida athlete with an erratic arm at QB is not a Miami caliber QB. He will have to change positions or not come here.

Advertisement
He can play QB here, in my opinion. He's got 2 guys in front of him. I would 100% take him and see how he progresses at the QB position.

He's not playing QB here unless we go to a read option type system. Great athlete, but I dont see him coming here. Have also read a number of places that he's not really that interested in us, and frankly, I dont blame him. If he wants to play QB, his better options are Auburn or OSU. As someone said in here, not every kid is a great fit to come here. He is an EXCEPTIONAL athlete, but I just dont see him being a QB here. He will likely go out of state to play in a read option system. Great runnner but this kid's mechanics as a passer are a mess.

Advertisement
Between Olsen and Kaaya we should be good (******* hope so anyway) one will take the spot and one will transfer. This kid can come in and develop.

Between Olsen and Kaaya we should be good (****ing hope so anyway) one will take the spot and one will transfer. This kid can come in and develop.

We shall see. I honestly dont think we will offer him at QB. I think we may offer him as an athlete. If we didnt offer Treon Harris at QB, I dont see why we would offer Gibson. I mean I could be wrong, Coley seems to like having some mobile guys around, Rozier being a good example, but I just dont think the staff will put the full court press on this kid. I could be wrong though.

No way. Gibsons ceiling is so much higher than Harris. Gibson is the top dual threat in the nation. We will offer

Advertisement
Back