Top Slept on Prospects from S. Florida 2015 class

motorcitycane

Senior
The followinf Prospects are all 3 star or below players who have made an impact, started, or played meaningful downs.

Recruiting Gurus what did you see from these guys in HS that would lead for them to be collegiate impact players at their universities?

Is there anyone from this underrated group that you would have preferred at Miami? Knowing our needs heading into 2017.

2015 Class
UF WR Antonio Callaway (Great first two seasons)
UL QB Lamar Jackson (Heisman)
WSU WR Tavares Martin (Great 2016 season)
USF S Khalid McGee
OSU CB Damon Arnette
UGA CB Deandre Baker
MIA CB Sheldrick Redwine
MIA DT R.J. Mcintosh (Breakout 2016)
CINCY WR Kahlil Lewis (Breakout 2016)
USF CB Ronnie Hoggins (Great 2016)
USCE CB Rashad Fenton
BC DE Wyatt Ray (4.5 sacks in 2016)
Ill WR Desmond Cain (Good 2015 injured 2016)
USF DE Kirk Livingstone
FIU RB Anthony Jones
FAU DB Ocie Rose (Turned out to be a beast)

I'll add the 14 class and 13 class in separate threads too early for 2016.

Advertisement
Loved Arnette, Hoggins, and Fenton

Arnette was a 3-star WR prospect but was really a hoops player...had come to STA from North Broward Prep I believe. Hoggins should have been a take at nickel all the way. Fenton wanted to be a Cane badly but no offer.

Knew Anthony Jones and Ocie Rose would be beasts at FIU/FAU

Advertisement
Loved Arnette, Hoggins, and Fenton

Arnette was a 3-star WR prospect but was really a hoops player...had come to STA from North Broward Prep I believe. Hoggins should have been a take at nickel all the way. Fenton wanted to be a Cane badly but no offer.

Knew Anthony Jones and Ocie Rose would be beasts at FIU/FAU

Fenton is definitely a serviceable defensive back for South Carolina. He's a very good returner too.

The old arrogant responses on boards to threads like these used to be , "They only made their impact at other places because they wouldn't have played." Even when we've been irrelevant for 13 years, and a lot of guys like this end up not only doing great in college but making the NFL, and many other reasons. Usually it pertains to ego where people argued for a year straight as to why a guy didn't belong year against guys who actually saw these guys live in camps, games and did film work.

That said, I love these threads and among your list (i have my own list already this year):

-Fenton was a big loss and is a much better cb than Redwine (though am glad we got him late)
-Callaway was a big loss
-Hoggins was a big loss
-Lamar Jackson (not much needs to be said)
-Ray would not be playing over our DL studs. Same with Livingstone
-Khalil Lewis (absolutely) and would have been our 3rd wr this year
-Ocie Rose was a steal at a position of need so yes

development and coaching are important to consider ... are these kids making the same impact with the coach of our previous staff . . .

Advertisement
I know I'll sound ignorant, but I rather be a Cane under Golden than a gator under Urban.

Just hate that team that much.

Calloway and Lamar Jackson

Calloway was the goods...and we got beat out for him..everyone here knew he was legit to on the board.

Jackson was the best qb in s.fla...we should offer that at least...or show interest..

the rest are syste, guys or not crazy misses..Baker from MNW should have been looked at..we didnt even check on him

Good thread. Proud to say that most of these guys were discussed at length on this board.

Antonio Callaway was my guy. I saw him at the referee's scrimmage when he first moved up from Homestead JV and he dominated. I caught some flak for saying he was just as good as Ridley, but three years later he might be even better.

Lamar Jackson looked like he could be a good college QB in the right offense, but I had no idea he would be this special. Not even close. Petrino has been huge for his development. When I saw him against Central, his team was so overmatched that he basically just ran around and got lit up.

Tavares Martin was clearly a stud but got arrested, which put him off the map. Glad he got it together.

RJ McIntosh was my #2 prospect in the Class of 2015. He was under the radar nationally, but if you saw him play it was easy to see NFL talent. @Coach Macho was also really big on McIntosh.

We were screaming for offers for Rashad Fenton, Sheldrick Redwine and Ronnie Hoggins. They all could play and the numbers made sense (Golden ended up taking Mike Jackson and Terrence Henley instead). Hoggins would have potentially landed Ridley in a package deal. Fenton would have also helped in the kickoff return game.

Khalid McGee and Anthony Jones were both on my underrated prospects list with guys like Ryan Stanley (FAMU) and Austin Maloney (FIU). Probably not Miami guys, but I thought they were better than some of the players we were taking.

DeAndre Baker committed to Georgia early in the process and, as a result, didn't get discussed much on here. He always had very good physical tools.

@Peter Ariz was all over Damon Arnette and Ocie Rose. They were guys who came on the scene late at major programs. Kirk Livingstone was @Kyle Liburd guy.

Kahlil Lewis had the traits of a big-time receiver but didn't really get showcased much in Miramar's offense. Cincy is a good spot for him.

Desmond Cain
and Wyatt Ray were off my radar. I blame my newborn.

Good thread. Proud to say that most of these guys were discussed at length on this board.

Antonio Callaway was my guy. I saw him at the referee's scrimmage when he first moved up from Homestead JV and he dominated. I caught some flak for saying he was just as good as Ridley, but three years later he might be even better.

Lamar Jackson looked like he could be a good college QB in the right offense, but I had no idea he would be this special. Not even close. Petrino has been huge for his development. When I saw him against Central, his team was so overmatched that he basically just ran around and got lit up.

Tavares Martin was clearly a stud but got arrested, which put him off the map. Glad he got it together.

RJ McIntosh was my #2 prospect in the Class of 2015. He was under the radar nationally, but if you saw him play it was easy to see NFL talent. @Coach Macho was also really big on McIntosh.

We were screaming for offers for Rashad Fenton, Sheldrick Redwine and Ronnie Hoggins. They all could play and the numbers made sense (Golden ended up taking Mike Jackson and Terrence Henley instead). Hoggins would have potentially landed Ridley in a package deal. Fenton would have also helped in the kickoff return game.

Khalid McGee and Anthony Jones were both on my underrated prospects list with guys like Ryan Stanley (FAMU) and Austin Maloney (FIU). Probably not Miami guys, but I thought they were better than some of the players we were taking.

DeAndre Baker committed to Georgia early in the process and, as a result, didn't get discussed much on here. He always had very good physical tools.

@Peter Ariz was all over Damon Arnette and Ocie Rose. They were guys who came on the scene late at major programs. Kirk Livingstone was @Kyle Liburd guy.

Kahlil Lewis had the traits of a big-time receiver but didn't really get showcased much in Miramar's offense. Cincy is a good spot for him.

Desmond Cain
and Wyatt Ray were off my radar. I blame my newborn.

You should probably have one of those every year, just to deflect any criticism...I'm sure the missus won't mind accomodating. :sneakiness:

Advertisement
Didn't hoggins have like 12 picks or something ridiculous his senior year? Similar to Dallas Crawfords senior year stats but against better comp.

Advertisement
We whiffed on Calloway, slow-played Fenton to the end, didn't offer Jackson. Those are my three smh's.

Calloway and Fenton still get to me smh. Both would be all conference for us right now and Fenton being slow played just like Skai Moore kills me

Advertisement
Back