Top Head Coach Candidates

Advertisement
With the way our attendance is, you can’t even realistically put James Franklin on a coaching hot board for Miami given how much he’s accustomed to that in happy valley. But imo he would be a good coach, has the 5th most wins in college football in the last couple of years behind like only 4 coaches (saban, Dabo,Riley and someone else) can’t remember but they said it during their game

He will be in FSU or USC soon

Lol, I may have embellished a little.

The tragic part is that you were right, there was no possible reason to say anything negative going in. I argued with yo a little, but then I dropped it because I knew you were right. We were just too good to fail tonight. Until we did.
Not even Butch Davis believed he was going to beat us tonight, that's how awful of a HC Diaz is.

This was the most layup easy victory of the century & we found a way to hand the game over.

Complete disgrace to the history of Miami Football, he MUST be fired, otherwise we will now be nothing more than a glorified bottom barrel G5 team that just happens to play in a P5 conference.

Advertisement
Not even Butch Davis believed he was going to beat us tonight, that's how awful of a HC Diaz is.

This was the most layup easy victory of the century & we found a way to hand the game over.

Complete disgrace to the history of Miami Football, he MUST be fired, otherwise we will now be nothing more than a glorified bottom barrel G5 team that just happens to play in a P5 conference.
I was completely agreeing right up until the end. We're already at the bottom. In addition to our suckiness, no decent coach is coming to Miami. Why would they?

When was the last time a Miami HC left in a better position than he come in? Spoiler: it was that guy who left after the 2000 season. Don't remember his name, but he was the last one.

No HC is coming to Miami unless James is fired and replaced by a highly respected AD. None of which would come here unless they were convinced school was willing to properly finance a winning program.

I was completely agreeing right up until the end. We're already at the bottom. In addition to our suckiness, no decent coach is coming to Miami. Why would they?

When was the last time a Miami HC left in a better position than he come in? Spoiler: it was that guy who left after the 2000 season. Don't remember his name, but he was the last one.
Money, money is really the only thing we have to leverage right now & that's only for the coaches who make less than $3mill a year.

Which is why Norvell is perfect, because he hasn't had the P5 pay raise yet & his buyout is extremely dirt cheap, plus he's one of the best Offensive coaches in all of D1 Football.

From a realistic standpoint, any coach at another P5 school isn't going to want to come here, but we can be just enogh of an intrigue with a pay raise & access to the recruiting grounds for a young upcoming G5 coach that wants to make that ascension into being P5 respected coach.

Advertisement
Idk my head is racing too fast for me to think about it over a long time period in college football history...

But if not, we ought to make history & be the first ones to do it.
I'm with you (y)

It's unlikely but I'd at least try. Manny loses his job to Norvell but he gets to coach the defense. Who says no? Lol.

Money, money is really the only thing we have to leverage right now & that's only for the coaches who make less than $3mill a year.

Which is why Norvell is perfect, because he hasn't had the P5 pay raise yet & his buyout is extremely dirt cheap, plus he's one of the best Offensive coaches in all of D1 Football.

From a realistic standpoint, any coach at another P5 school isn't going to want to come here, but we can be just enogh of an intrigue with a pay raise & access to the recruiting grounds for a young upcoming G5 coach that wants to make that ascension into being P5 respected coach.
Yeah, that's all we've got. But all that leads to is "he wasn't ready to be a big-time HC"

I'm sticking with my idea of hiring cheap guys who have done well in like D III for very short periods of time. Offer that guy $2 mil for one year. He wins 8 games he can have $3 mil the following year. He wins 7 games he can go the fck back to DIII with no buyout thank you very much. Next.

My point is, if we're not getting top guys or even big-time up and comers, then don't offer these clowns multi-year contracts with big buyouts until we know what they can do.

We're so F^cked if we don't act now

Advertisement
Let's start talking about Top AD Candidates first.

Pat Chun from Washington State (previously FAU)
Danny White from UCF

Let's start talking about Top AD Candidates first.

Pat Chun from Washington State (previously FAU)
Danny White from UCF

White would be my ideal candidate. Obviously Frost and Heupel are slam dunks for that type of program.

Their basketball team was awesome to watch last year and should have beaten Duke in the NCAA Tournament. Baseball is solid as well.

At his worst Norvell would be like getting Richt in his initial Georgia years here. A guy getting 10 wins MINIMUM a year and having a more pass interesting offense (before he suddenly aged and turned back to 1980s big ten football at UGA). He would be like a new tree branch in the history of innovative coaches we've had here (a tree which has been in winter for two decades).

Advertisement
Matt Campbell

bump

He's my first choice too but I have another potential candidate: I know everyone is hating on Herman and the fact he's been a major letdown at Texas, but if in the off chance he was fired this season, is he in the same boat as Norvell and Campbell? Or a notch below?

He's my first choice too but I have another potential candidate: I know everyone is hating on Herman and the fact he's been a major letdown at Texas, but if in the off chance he was fired this season, is he in the same boat as Norvell and Campbell? Or a notch below?
If he can't win at Texas, he can't win here.

Give me Joe Brady. Idgaf that he's 30 years old. I bet that dude will be an NFL coach within the next 2-3 years.

Advertisement
Back