Top 50 Freshmen

jwdazed

Senior
ESPN went through and ranked the top 50 freshmen this year.

Saw a lot of familiar names. Might be painful to read (some we didn't go after, some we just didn't win).

Posting the ones I recognized we recruited:

1. Sammy Watkins
3. Aaron Lynch
6. Marqise Lee
10. Odell Beckham
11. Gio Bernard
12. Teddy Bridgewater
15. Austin Seferian-Jenkins
22. Rashad Greene
Honorable Mentions: Devonta Freeman, Curt Maggitt, Nick O'Leary, Ryan Shazier, and our own Denzel Perryman

This isn't even mentioning kids we were never really in the hunt for but that we offered such as #2 (Jadeveon Clowney), #4 (Isaiah Crowell), #7 (Braxton Miller), #9 (Chaz Green), #14 (Anthony Johnson), #16 (Tim Jernigan), #25 (Kenny Hilliard), or some others.

It's an insider story but the whole thing is available here:
http://insider.espn.go.com/college-...braxton-miller-top-2011-freshman-rankings-cfb

Advertisement
tough to reel in some of those big fish when you are in the midst of a coaching change and the previous coach bungled recruiting as bad as he did.

LOL @ No Anthony Chickillo.

#2 Jadaveon Clowney - 33/6/2
#3 Aaron Lynch - 28/4/5

NL Anthony Chickillo - 38/5/1

****** McShay don't know wtf he's talkin' bout, ya'll.

^^^^^^This

Dont care for these fake *** accolade lists

We know we got 3 freshmen ballers in Chick, Perryman and Dorsett.

Advertisement
28.jpg

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to JHallCanes again.

Advertisement
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to JHallCanes again.

It's the thought that counts.

Seriously though, his list is trash. He had to save face with some of these guys because he was riding their jocks so feverishly before the season started.

He should stick to what he already sucks at and that's evaluating upperclassmen.

#3 Aaron Lynch - 28/4/5

this... Chick should have been there..

Advertisement
Perryman has to be loving life. Heading into his 2nd year and he's already the man on our defense.

If Nick O'Leary is in, why isn't Dorsett??

O'Leary: 12 catches, 164 yards, 1 TD
Dorsett: 14 catches, 147 yards, 1 TD

Hype Machine IMO

Dorsett does not belong on that list. Sorry. Chik should have been in the 40-50 range.

Of course he doesnt. Streeter and Benji had good seasons with Hurna backing them up.

But Dorsett will be a good one.

Advertisement

#3 Aaron Lynch - 28/4/5

It's pretty obvious these stats don't tell the whole story. If you didn't see the other two guys it's kinda silly to look at those 3 sets of stats and say he belongs. From what I saw from the other two cats...they were more impactful than chick. Chick was just there, it isn't like he came at teams with an erray of pass rush moves and caused concern/ havic every play, caused fumbles etc etc.

JMO

5 sacks is 5 sacks. Now I'm betting Clowney/Lynch had more hurries, which is *I think* what Nites was trying to convey by 'havoc'. That's an extremely relevant stat that's not listed.

#3 Aaron Lynch - 28/4/5

It's pretty obvious these stats don't tell the whole story. If you didn't see the other two guys it's kinda silly to look at those 3 sets of stats and say he belongs. From what I saw from the other two cats...they were more impactful than chick. Chick was just there, it isn't like he came at teams with an erray of pass rush moves and caused concern/ havic every play, caused fumbles etc etc.

JMO

lol. Please, you are nothing but transparent.

All you did to defend Shannon last year was point out "stats" , all the TFLs and sacks that our soft *** limpdik defense got in 2010.

Now, a Golden kid like Chick posts stats comparable to other elite FR and you now say that stats dont matter????

lol. Transparent as ****, Nights.

#3 Aaron Lynch - 28/4/5

JMO

lol. Please, you are nothing but transparent.

All you did to defend Shannon last year was point out "stats" , all the TFLs and sacks that our soft *** limpdik defense got in 2010.

Now, a Golden kid like Chick posts stats comparable to other elite FR and you now say that stats dont matter????

lol. Transparent as ****, Nights.

Not even the same situation. I used those stats to show that miami's players were "developed".....how do you have 10 all acc players, lead or be 1st or second in the acc in 10+ categories, have a couple nfl starters on your team if you aren't developed? You still haven't answer'd that question. here's your chance.

Advertisement
Back