Top 50 College Football Players of the Past 50 Years

Advertisement
Dorsey and Dan Morgan should both be on there.

I love Derrick Thomas, but him over Cornelius Bennett is just because of the sack numbers.

That is a pretty good list, but the glaring omission of Sean Taylor is a problem for me. Moreover, Vinnie Testaverde was better than Danny Wuerfel.

Edgerrin James, Warren Sapp, Cortez Kennedy, Jerome Brown, Ray Lewis just to name a few.

Advertisement
No Irvin, Testaverde, ST, Edge, Portis, Stork, or Gino?

****, you could argue McKinnie could be on there also

You can definitely argue the omission of McKinnie is ugly. Dude was an OL who finished 8th in Heisman voting, won the Outland Trophy, and never allowed a sack in two years starting for the U. Better college football resume than Jon Ogden, who made the list.

Last edited:
I wish more of you would pour in the emails to this "journalism" to their corporate

this is first grade moron and that's being nice

I'm not that big on individual honors but a there are few questionable 'Cane omissions.
Got to put McKinnie and Taylor on the list.
Only UM QB considered would be Vinnie. You guys covered some of the other usual suspects.
Helluva list though.

Advertisement
Warren Sapp was unblockable in college. So quick off the ball. That defense was phenomenal. He should definitely be on that list.

Ted Hendricks, maybe? 50 years ago he was wearing orange and green. Idiots.

How can any list not have Ted Hendricks on it? It seems like a lot are on this list because in part hey had excellent pro careers. On pure college performance I,m going to put Flute right there with Tebow, Bo, and Walker in my top ten. Other then that I have no argument with the list. List only covers fifty years but George Mira Sr.is still the most exciting college player I have ever seen.

Last edited:
That is a pretty good list, but the glaring omission of Sean Taylor is a problem for me. Moreover, Vinnie Testaverde was better than Danny Wuerfel.

All respect to Sean Taylor, but he probably didn't even have the best safety career at Miami. See Reed and Blades. Heck I think blades was the only one that made all century college team.

Advertisement
I wish more of you would pour in the emails to this "journalism" to their corporate

this is first grade moron and that's being nice

I wish more people wouldn't click the link to give them the traffic. The media has turned into not caring how you think about their credibility but more so if you view them and talk about them. When you view and talk about them their add revenue goes up. Also many places are pushing an agenda as well. The most powerful thing to get rid of things like this is to not even tune into it to start with.

How can any list not have Ted Hendricks on it? It seems like a lot are on this list because in part hey had excellent pro careers. On pure college performance I,m going to put Flute right there with Tebow, Bo, and Walker in my top ten. Other then that I have no argument with the list. List only covers fifty years but George Mira Sr.is still the most exciting college player I have ever seen.

Yeah, except Ted Hendricks is also an NFL Hall of Famer. Also, the annual award for top defensive end is the Ted Hendricks Award. He was the most dominating DE to ever play at the college level. Ask Steve Spurrier. Ted sacked him 7 times the weekend after Spurrier won the Heisman.

Just a downright pathetic list.

Trying not to click...if someone would just tell me the Cane that was on the list please? I'm guessing its Reed.

Advertisement
I was going to post this, as well, but then I was like for what? We all know the college football bias in the world. But I was shocked Dorsey wasn't on there along w/ Edge. I was double shocked at least ST w Reed not being there. Oh well, we know the truth and so does ESPN (see us having 3 30/30's)

These guys all probably pick Hilary in the election too -- and I mean a week after it was over. A lot of good players there and if you are making a list of 50 greatest NOT INCLUDING Miami Hurricanes it is about right. How is Deon there when Mike is not? Does anyone remember Mike every being smothered by Sanders? I seem to recall some famous games,all of which we won, and some famous plays in them, many by Mike directly on Deon. Mike owned Deon in college and in NFL. I give Deon his due as maybe the best corner ever and that he could cover anyone EXCEPT Mike. Doesn't that put Mike above him on the list.

Vince Young is another joke on the list. One great game -- actually one great play does not make you top ten. And, Tebow is my favorite Gator(meaning In would only back up once to run him over again) but seriously, was he even a QB, or was he a FB that passed some?

Bo was great but again, didn't we play against him in the Kickoff Classic in JJ's first game here? I not certain because I do not remember hear his name during the game. And the BOZ? Larry Fitzgerald but no ST? Did Larry catch ANY passes in his game against us after ST started covering him and smack him in the mouth. Come on guys, if you are going to put players the Canes used as es, shouldn't a couple dozen Canes be before them on this list.

You can definitely argue the omission of McKinnie is ugly. Dude was an OL who finished 8th in Heisman voting, won the Outland Trophy, and never allowed a sack in two years starting for the U. Better college football resume than Jon Ogden, who made the list.

Remember his first NFL play? He held out and missed camp. Signed just before Dolphin game and I think it was his first play on the field when he hit Jason Taylor a heart punch and dropped him like cleaned off chicken leg bone. I thought Jason was dead. Some serious OL guys on that list but McKinnie was as good as any.

Advertisement
Back