Top 50 College Football Players of the Past 50 Years

The problem is the dudes doing the voting. I listen to the Feldman podcast and when Mandel asked him why no Ray Lewis. He just said Ray was a better Pro than College player. Of course he was because he retired as the greatest LB ever. But in college he still had insane stats. Ray>than Bosworth.

Advertisement
Wait A second, those years should include The Stork. No way in this earth that man is not in ten or 15. This is from OJ talking about him before their game with us.

"Simpson had studied a great deal of Hendricks in films, and he had plenty of respect for his loping, smothering mayhem. "He likes to penetrate," said O.J. one afternoon as he loitered outside USC's dressing room. "He shucks off most blockers, or just pushes'em away and gets around'em. He's real strong in the hands and arms. He likes to play cat-and-mouse with the quarterback, too. Force him to pitch, then get the ballcarrier."

OJ had is normal day against us, so I give the credit due and think he belongs in top 10, but Ted was the focus of their entire game plan -- he was that good.

"Bo was great but again, didn't we play against him in the Kickoff Classic in JJ's first game here? I not certain because I do not remember hear his name during the game. And the BOZ? Larry Fitzgerald but no ST? Did Larry catch ANY passes in his game against us after ST started covering him and smack him in the mouth. Come on guys, if you are going to put players the Canes used as es, shouldn't a couple dozen Canes be before them on this list."

we did play against Bo in the kickoff classic and won. Antrelle Rolle was the one who shut down Fitzgerald in our game against Pitt.

Last edited:
Bozworth , are you kidding? Canes made him eat his helment..Think some guys that were named NFL Player of the Year need to be on that list, as they were unblockable while playing for the Canes..Sapp-Kennedy-Lewis-Reed come to mind..

Advertisement
These guys all probably pick Hilary in the election too

They Polly voted for trump since this omission of hurricane players is so glaring. It's pretty obvious Miami has produced better players than any other school the past 50 years. I'm willing to bet no school has produced more HOF, all Americans, 1stb Rd picks etc added all together except for maybe bich *** usc

Interesting enough, Lawrence Taylor is 28th on this list but may be the best defensive player in NFL history.

Bo Jackson should not be on the list. Deion Sanders is ranked way too high. Brian Bozworth earned his spot. Cam Newton is questionable. Vince Young had an incredible college career. Matt Leinart is questionable. Rickey Williams way too low

Advertisement
Mike Rozier had one of the greatest college football seasons of all time. Barry Sanders made us forget.

Sean Taylor needs to be on but college football could not take both Reed and Taylor and Blades. They picked one. Just glad they did not put Roy Williams or Troy Palamalu on.

No Ty Detmer. Guess they had to pick Danny Wuerfull or SEC would be mad.

SuH, Emtman, and Sapp were the greatest college DT's I have seen. Rich Glover could have replace Hugh Green. Both were great though.

Dan Morgan is the most decorated Defensive Cane in college. Got hurt in the NFL. Had 20 tackles in a Super Bowl but lost. Amazing college career. Ray got bigger and smarter in the pros. Was also well protected to make plays in the pros. Not as good in college.

Larry Fitzgerald on the list is a joke.

Bo Jackson should not be on the list. Deion Sanders is ranked way too high. Brian Bozworth earned his spot. Cam Newton is questionable. Vince Young had an incredible college career. Matt Leinart is questionable. Rickey Williams way too low

Bo Jackson is a Heisman winner(an extremely deserving one at that), he and Herschel Walker were both physical freaks that dominated the sport during their time on campus. Bo averaged 6.6 yards per carry, and that's despite people knowing he was going to get the rock more often than not. He's more than earned his spot on the list.

I'll point out another glaring omission.... Marshall Faulk. Outside of Barry Sanders, Faulk was the best college running back I have seen. Also, Troy Davis from Iowa State rushed for 2,000 yards TWICE. He never made it in the NFL, but that dude tore it up at Iowa State. He should have won the Heisman in 1996.

They Polly voted for trump since this omission of hurricane players is so glaring. It's pretty obvious Miami has produced better players than any other school the past 50 years. I'm willing to bet no school has produced more HOF, all Americans, 1stb Rd picks etc added all together except for maybe bich *** usc

Trump is much more like our beloved Canes so I doubt they voted for him. They upturned the establishment and scorned any sort of PC behavior. They talked trash and were proud of it. They were accused of every possible offense except losing. Besides, Trump is Cane fan. Everything else you said is gospel my friend. USC and Miami are in class by themselves. Small private schools in major cities. One more thing, they are the two school most hated by the NCAA. But they have huge alum base and big supporters and has been part of major conference forever while we rose to top as an independent. Plus, our kids did it all virtually on their own. That is why we are hated by liberals more than by the conservatives.

Advertisement
Bo Jackson had 17 TD's his senior year. Let that sink in. It was not the era either as Mike Rozier had 30 TD's the year before and 4 years after Bo Barry had 39 TD's. Bo Almost lost the heisman to a QB from Iowa. Awesome athlete who showed up for a few years in the NFL. Did not have the same numbers as many college backs have had. This is suppose to be a college list. He does not deserve to be on even a top 75 list.

Bo Jackson had 17 TD's his senior year. Let that sink in. It was not the era either as Mike Rozier had 30 TD's the year before and 4 years after Bo Barry had 39 TD's. Bo Almost lost the heisman to a QB from Iowa. Awesome athlete who showed up for a few years in the NFL. Did not have the same numbers as many college backs have had. This is suppose to be a college list. He does not deserve to be on even a top 75 list.

Rozier had more carries in three years, than Bo had in four. Let that sink in. If this is just about merely racking up stats, then Ron Dayne and Travis Prentice should be top ten, and every single TTU QB of the Leach era should be somewhere in the mix. It's not just about the numbers on the page(Which Jackson has), it's about impact.

Bo and Herschel Walker were pretty much identical: Physical freaks of nature that could and did dominate games. The only difference was that Walker had a coach in Vince Dooley that had no problem with giving him 25+ carries every game if he had to. Pat Dye underutilized Bo, why I'll never know. That said, despite not getting nearly the carries Herschel got and less than Rozier, Bo's numbers were similar. Rozier averaged a rushing touchdown every 13.6 attempts, Herschel averaged one every 20.3 attempts, Bo averaged one every 15.1.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I'll point out another glaring omission.... Marshall Faulk. Outside of Barry Sanders, Faulk was the best college running back I have seen. Also, Troy Davis from Iowa State rushed for 2,000 yards TWICE. He never made it in the NFL, but that dude tore it up at Iowa State. He should have won the Heisman in 1996.

Good call on Faulk. Perhaps omitted because he played at San Diego State. Although Jerry Rice made the cut.

Rozier had more carries in three years, than Bo had in four. Let that sink in. If this is just about merely racking up stats, then Ron Dayne and Travis Prentice should be top ten, and every single TTU QB of the Leach era should be somewhere in the mix. It's not just about the numbers on the page(Which Jackson has), it's about impact.

Bo and Herschel Walker were pretty much identical: Physical freaks of nature that could and did dominate games. The only difference was that Walker had a coach in Vince Dooley that had no problem with giving him 25+ carries every game if he had to. Pat Dye underutilized Bo, why I'll never know. That said, despite not getting nearly the carries Herschel got and less than Rozier, Bo's numbers were similar. Rozier averaged a rushing touchdown every 13.6 attempts, Herschel averaged one every 20.3 attempts, Bo averaged one every 15.1.

Good analysis.

Imagine what Marcus Dupree could have done at Oklahoma (same era) had he not been a head case.

That is a pretty good list, but the glaring omission of Sean Taylor is a problem for me. Moreover, Vinnie Testaverde was better than Danny Wuerfel.

Sean Taylor not being on the list is ridiculous. Taylor belongs at least in the top 30. I also think that Ray Lewis not being on the list is a disgrace.

Testaverde may have been better than Wuerfel. But really neither Testaverde nor Wuerfel belongs on the top 50 list.

Last edited:

Trump is much more like our beloved Canes so I doubt they voted for him. They upturned the establishment and scorned any sort of PC behavior. They talked trash and were proud of it. They were accused of every possible offense except losing. Besides, Trump is Cane fan. Everything else you said is gospel my friend. USC and Miami are in class by themselves. Small private schools in major cities. One more thing, they are the two school most hated by the NCAA. But they have huge alum base and big supporters and has been part of major conference forever while we rose to top as an independent. Plus, our kids did it all virtually on their own. That is why we are hated by liberals more than by the conservatives.

Lmao trump in no way, shape, form of fashion resembles anything related to Miami football are you ***** serious? Maybe some of these spoiled corn balls around here but not Miami football you must be out ya got dam mind.

Advertisement
Back