Top 5 Running Backs in ACC for 2015

Smh at people sleeping on Gus

Lulz.
Agree with VA... FSU wanted him so tell me really why the lulz.

As a top 5 in the ACC? Don't remember the Clemson kid, but the others are solid players.

FSU wanted him As a hybrid fullback. A kid content to get 10 snaps a game and maybe a carry or 2.

But FSU recruited Todd gurley too, so must be some similarities...

Yup you're right I didn't think about it in that aspect. Gus has better vision & lateral movement than Pryor though. [MENTION=145]RiDLer80[/MENTION]
If Gus could only get that extra gear I think he'd be very good. He gets a bad rap because he's not very good in short distance situations. How much of that was the OL not getting any push? Some of it was defintely Gus though.

Biggest problem with Gus is he is big back that doesn't run like a big back. They kept bringing him in on short yardage and goal line but he is not good at it. We will suck on 3rd down again this year for lack of back who can pick up 2 yards against stacked box.

Advertisement
James Conner will probably be the 1st back taken in this years NFL draft as a junior.. Gus same size with better speed, just lacks determination.

Yearby is a great prospect, but he's going to be relegated to carrying Gus's jockstrap. Gus is going to take the ACC by storm and hang 1500+ on the board this year.

He's an Eric ****erson type. A big upright runner who will wreck angles and blow by you while looking like he's not even moving all that fast.

Advertisement
Yearby is a great prospect, but he's going to be relegated to carrying Gus's jockstrap. Gus is going to take the ACC by storm and hang 1500+ on the board this year.

No Gus is not.

After last season, I don't understand how you guys can drink any type of Miami kool-aid. There have been zero signs of improvement. With the personnel we have now and all that we lost, Golden is going to need a miracle to hold onto his job by the end of October.

What I don't understand is how Walter Tucker who is probably our fastest back gets lost in the shuffle. He should be our short down back over Edwards. He was **** impressive during spring of 2014. He had 1 rush and 1 reception in 2014 season. If they are going to waste his running ability put him back at LB

What I don't understand is how Walter Tucker who is probably our fastest back gets lost in the shuffle. He should be our short down back over Edwards. He was **** impressive during spring of 2014. He had 1 rush and 1 reception in 2014 season. If they are going to waste his running ability put him back at LB

I think the 1 carry was picking up a short yardage 1st down if I remember right. He hits the hole hard. Never understood that either.

Advertisement
Cook is on a whole different level. Kid is a machine.

No... Cook has elite speed and that's about it. He had plenty of fumbles last season and only does well when people forget how to tackle. Yearby isn't as fast but has better lateral movement, vision and hits the hole at warp speed. Shook that Duke defender out of his cleats.

I think Coley will get Tucker involved more this year, especially in the passing game. Get Tuck matched up with a linebacker, and it's game over.

I sure hope Yearby got a lot stronger and faster at finding the hole.

Advertisement
Yearby's cutting ability is elite, he's going to do work this year.

Gus can be a nice compliment if he continues to improve his pad level.

I sure hope Yearby got a lot stronger and faster at finding the hole.

He didn't look bad to me running for over 5 YPC as a true freshman last year. He was never going to be a bull dozer or home run hitter but kid just got it done.

I think Gus will start and have a little bit better numbers than Yearby, but their carries will be split pretty evenly

Advertisement
Gus is the most talented running back on our roster..DOnt compare Dunn to Yearby..Yearby does not have DUnns speed or explosion not even close.... Yearby is a change of pace back period.. too small for anything else... ONly thing that could hold Gus back is injury or fumble..Gus is better then Yearby folks...Besides yearby wont be playing beginning of season anyway

Advertisement
Back