Top 5 RB's in the ACC

This site is funny.

On one hand we've got a RB who had 1200 yards last season but isn't that good.
And on the other hand we've got a 5'8" WR with 3 career catches who is "a stud if we just used him properly".

Gashed one of the top rushing defenses in the country but "he hasn't done it enough against good teams."

NEWS FLASH: No RB puts up big numbers against good teams every week. Good teams stop the run. That's why they're good teams. Yall want him to put up 150 yards versus FSU when our O-linemen can't block their front-7? In what world of football does that happen? This ain't ******* Techmo Bowl.

What I would like to see is consistency.

2 huge games vs. Pitt & NC St. don't make up for averaging 3.5 or less in 6 vs. GT, FSU, UNC, VT, ND, WVU

I'd be happy if he could just get us 4 yds against good teams more than 50% of the time. That's not a hard ask. He doesn't need to be great every time out. Just be consistent.

Advertisement
[TWEET]890625337972801536[/TWEET]

This is why I don't get the love for Walton. This is his Top 5.

2 of the plays he runs directly into his own blocker
3 have awful plays by the Safety. There would be a 10 page thread bashing Jamal Carter if he made the same play those safeties did.
That 3rd NC St run - just keep doing that and I'll be happy

Walton is solid, but there's nothing in there that says special.

[MENTION=1107]bshaw28[/MENTION] is so fūcking obsessed with Mark Walton it's actually pathological, and I'm not joking or exaggerating.

Dude, get some fūcking help, because you are mentally ill.

Look at your crazy ***. Over 90% of your posts are you trying to desperately convince other people he's shīt. It's truly sick and pathetic.

I'm not a shrink, but my guess is your unhealthy obsession with him is due to some repressesd homosexual longing to have him fūck you. Either that, or you're batshīt crazy. Or both.

Walton reminds me a lot of knoshon moreno. His ability to bounce off of tackles and keep going is excellent. Very solid running back. I expect him to take another step this year with his play as he did going from his freshman to sophmore year
[TWEET]890804489787031552[/TWEET]

[TWEET]890625337972801536[/TWEET]

This is why I don't get the love for Walton. This is his Top 5.

2 of the plays he runs directly into his own blocker
3 have awful plays by the Safety. There would be a 10 page thread bashing Jamal Carter if he made the same play those safeties did.
That 3rd NC St run - just keep doing that and I'll be happy

Walton is solid, but there's nothing in there that says special.

What are you talking about? His blocker ran into him!

And good RB's make Safeties look bad. You can say "that's just a horrible play by the defense" during just about any RB's highlights. SMH

Last edited:
Advertisement
This site is funny.

And on the other hand we've got a 5'8" WR with 3 career catches who is "a stud if we just used him properly".

Gashed one of the top rushing defenses in the country but "he hasn't done it enough against good teams."

NEWS FLASH: No RB puts up big numbers against good teams every week. Good teams stop the run. That's why they're good teams. Yall want him to put up 150 yards versus FSU when our O-linemen can't block their front-7? In what world of football does that happen? This ain't ******* Techmo Bowl.

2 huge games vs. Pitt & NC St. don't make up for averaging 3.5 or less in 6 vs. GT, FSU, UNC, VT, ND, WVU

I'd be happy if he could just get us 4 yds against good teams more than 50% of the time. That's not a hard ask. He doesn't need to be great every time out. Just be consistent.

How 'bout some consistency from out Offensive Line?

Walton reminds me a lot of knoshon moreno. His ability to bounce off of tackles and keep going is excellent. Very solid running back. I expect him to take another step this year with his play as he did going from his freshman to sophmore year
[TWEET]890804489787031552[/TWEET]

WTF are these people talking about?

Look at this kid's balance and strength. He runs like a 220+ pound back. He has the feet to shake defenders and the strength to run through them.

Our fans are retarded.

This site is funny.

Always thought that Walton's "vision" problem had more to do with the OL than with his eyes.

Advertisement
This site is funny.

Yearby averaged 4+ ypc in 4 of the 6 games where Walton didn't. Yearby averaged 6+ vs. GT, UNC & VT. The OL shouldn't be taking all the blame.

Advertisement
The OL **** is the standard cop out to excuse away bad RB play. You can't have it both ways. You can't **** on the OL for his bad games and then praise Walton for his production against NC State. Same OL. Our OL is good enough. Great RBs make OL look good all the time.

The OL **** is the standard cop out to excuse away bad RB play. You can't have it both ways. You can't **** on the OL for his bad games and then praise Walton for his production against NC State. Same OL. Our OL is good enough. Great RBs make OL look good all the time.

I'm holding steady on this one.

A lot of his bad runs/games involved there being no hole to run through. A lot of his good runs/games involved there being nice big holes to run through.

He's a pretty good back - he'll do well with good OL play but lacks the talent to make up for bad OL play.

Advertisement

This is for the most part completely backwards. Great OL elevate the performance of the backs behind them. It's the Bama way. Walton is an upper echelon college back. He runs with great balance, breaks tackles, and is great at turning negative plays into big gains. He's also a terrific blocker and a weapon out of the backfield despite playing with a QB who was allergic to the check down. Our interior OL play was extremely mediocre for a good part of last season, especially at the center and LG position. Walton put together a very strong season running behind an average OL.

You can absolutely praise running backs for their good games and knock OL for bad performances. Walton created two huge TD runs by himself against App State and Pitt, and had another one called back against FSU. He created several runs with questionable blocking against NC state as well. When Gall, Gauthier and Linder are consistently getting stood up at the LOS or whiffing on blocks there's not much a back can do.

Advertisement
Back