Top 5 RB's in the ACC

Advertisement
He's getting all this hype, but I am still not a fan of his running style. No vision---and he is just not anywhere close to an elite back in my opinion. I have seen too many great backs at Miami, to just lower the bar based on hype. I refuse to do it.

I think the dude is waaay overrated....and I write all of this knowing we need him to perform at a high level this season

He's getting all this hype, but I am still not a fan of his running style. No vision---and he is just not anywhere close to an elite back in my opinion. I have seen too many great backs at Miami, to just lower the bar based on hype. I refuse to do it.

I think the dude is waaay overrated....and I write all of this knowing we need him to perform at a high level this season

BoilingSlipperyIberianemeraldlizard-size_restricted.gif

Advertisement
Walton is considered the top "returning" RB by default, but that doesn't make him a great RB. It just means there aren't many "returning" RB's in the ACC. That Top 5 wasn't exactly murderer's row.

I just hope he has less runs called back for BS holding penalties. Always seems to hit us at the worst times (see FSU last year).

Advertisement
Remains to be seen. No history of performance against average or better opponents.

How about one of the best rushing defenses in the nation in NC State?

Against good opponents - For every good game Walton has had, he's been bad in 3 or 4.

He improved last year, but still has to prove he can do it in our most meaningful games.

I don't get why 2 or 3 good games is enough to make people overlook the 12 or so bad ones.

I agree 100%. The board is hyping him to be a Duke Johnson/Lamar Miller type talent when he's actually more of a Tyrone Moss/Damien Berry level of talent.

I agree 100%. The board is hyping him to be a Duke Johnson/Lamar Miller type talent when he's actually more of a Tyrone Moss/Damien Berry level of talent.

He may not be Duke Johnson, but he's a lot better than Tyrone Moss. Get real.

Advertisement
Remains to be seen. No history of performance against average or better opponents.

Against good opponents - For every good game Walton has had, he's been bad in 3 or 4.

He improved last year, but still has to prove he can do it in our most meaningful games.

I don't get why 2 or 3 good games is enough to make people overlook the 12 or so bad ones.

Because smoke said NO history against average or better opponents.

A great game against a great NC St defense, counters his argument. I agree Walton is far from elite, but to say he's NEVER performed against a top opponent, is a lie.

The Mark Walton hate brigade is out in Full force...

Every one of you clowns will eat your words this season & I better not see one of yall switch up either.

Advertisement
For the sake of our team and this season I hope Walton has a year worthy of the praise he is getting. Up till now though, he does not have the numbers to be mentioned with the top 10 RBs that have come through the U.

Anderson
Edge
Bratton
Highsmith
McGahee
Portis
Gore
Duke
Foreman
Lamar
Donnell

Fair argument, but how many players crack that top 10?

WTF are you talking about? Literally nobody is comparing hyping him up to be anything but the best returning RB in the ACC.

Because smoke said NO history against average or better opponents.

A great game against a great NC St defense, counters his argument. I agree Walton is far from elite, but to say he's NEVER performed against a top opponent, is a lie.

Totally agree - there's not None, but there's not enough.

We've played 17 games the last 2 years vs. teams that have winning records. Walton has averaged 3.5 ypc or less in 13 of the 17.

FSU, VT, UNC, GT, Pitt - these are the 5 most important ACC games we play. Walton hasn't been good in 9 out of 10 of the games.

He had a huge game against Pitt last year. Take that 1 game out, and in the other 9 he's a combined 113 att - 338 yds - 3.0 ypc - 3 TD's (with all TD's coming vs. GT), with a long run of 17 yds.

1 big Pitt game doesn't make up for 9 bad ones. 1 big FSU run that was called back doesn't make up for the 113 runs that weren't.

Advertisement
Back