Top 25 offenses (Miami identity Crisis)

Dan Enos is his own worst enemy and actually needs a guy like Nick to be consistently successful. He needs a guy seasoned enough to put him in his place, and give him the oppo dialogue he so desperately needs.

He thinks he’s smarter than all of football. As a QB coach, he’s good. As a OC, he’s proven to be entirely too stubborn.

The second half of the season has been less under center, but the concepts haven’t changed. Vs FIU - We basically went back to the same ****** depth routes we ran vs VT that got jumped all game. The next time we open up a guy’s hips on a quick slant will be the first time.

But, thinking Enos is THE problem will be a major, major hurdle for Miami. Our defense is trash. The staff sucks.

I don’t give a **** if JW were to throw 6 picks - we should not be allowing FIU to score as much as they did. FIU shouldn’t have scored more than 7 points against us. ****, I believe FAU beat them by 30. Our defense is trash. Smoke and mirrors. Too slow on the back end. No gap assignment football - trash.

Staff is the equivalent of political manure. Diaz style.

Advertisement
I'll never rewatch Saturdays cluster****, so I'm not going to grab screenshots of this but I distinctly recall us lining up with 10 offensive personnel between the hashes ad naseum. Not only did this prevent us from putting our skill players in space, but it allowed FIU to stack the box; literally punching ourselves in the **** over and over again. It wasn't just on short yardage and goalline situations either; it was anywhere on the field even on obvious passing downs (which is more often than not for our ******* OC).

Image result for why are you being so obtuse gif

I'll never rewatch Saturdays cluster****, so I'm not going to grab screenshots of this but I distinctly recall us lining up with 10 offensive personnel between the hashes ad naseum. Not only did this prevent us from putting our skill players in space, but it allowed FIU to stack the box; literally punching ourselves in the **** over and over again. It wasn't just on short yardage and goalline situations either; it was anywhere on the field even on obvious passing downs (which is more often than not for our ******* OC).

Image result for why are you being so obtuse gif
**** drove me crazy, I ****** smashed my coffee table. Everything he called was so congested

Advertisement
What we have all come to realize over the past decade is that Miami football, it's administration and the other that run it are incompetent! They cry about the craziest things, bag men the terry porter call, yet simple stuff like this continues to escape them. Dumb dumb dumb!!! yea let's run the pro set that gets you absolutely nothing. s

1. Oklahoma
  2. LSU
  3. Clemson
  4. UCF
  5. Washington State
  6. Ohio State
  7. Alabama
  8. SMU
  9. Louisiana Lafayette
  10. Memphis
  11. Hawaii
  12. Iowa State
  13. Oklahoma State
  14. Texas Tech
  15. Western Michigan
  16. Troy
  17. Wake Forest
  18. USC
  19. Georgia State
  20. Utah
  21. Oregon
  22. Boise State
  23. Boston College
  24. Navy
  25. North Carolina
Even looking at the top 10 and you see it is DOMINATED by spread offenses. In 17 years Miami has had ONE 10 win season. Miami has had numerous head coaches, coordinators, a couple athletic directors, presidents, upgraded its facilities, etc etc....but one thing has remained. Bad offensive football. And at the heart of that offensive quagmire is a pro style system. Why do the Hurricanes insist on it? What has maintaining this offensive identity recently accomplished?

I, for the life of me, cannot begin to rationalize this allegiance to a pro system in college any longer. I have been a proponent of an imaginative spread out offense in South Florida for around a decade now and that is strictly an opinion mind you. But the sure fire playoff teams look pretty content on their systems and they are big believers in offensive output. Their systems have a commonality. One in which the Hurricanes don't share.

Ingenuity needed. Regardless of system can we settle on that a cutting edge, push the envelope system pushed a school to the north with one of our failed coaches to a makeshift national championship? Can we agree that Matt Canada was fired and a spread system was brought in and thankfully so. LSU snapped a Alabama home winning streak that would have threatened ours. Why do we continue to square peg round hole this? What is the alternative?

Showed some examples this year of when simple space and fast Miami athletes created an advantage.

@Roman Marciante Tell me if I'm wrong here. But didn't Dennis Erickson run a spread offense when he WON US TWO OF OUR FIVE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS??? Why are we so scared of an offense that has WORKED HERE BEFORE????

This ain't Navy or some school who has never passed the ball before venturing into the terrifying unknown. We've done it before with GREAT SUCCESS!!!!

Am I missing something??? Why are we SO AFRAID OF THE SPREAD???? ALL CAPS!!!!!!
wtf2.gif

South Florida kids are faster and more athletic than just about anywhere else.

Unfortunately, South Florida kids also have very low IQ's.

Also, South Florida players are emotionally weak. They can't handle playing on the road, cold weather, or any kind of adversity. They shine when they're ahead, and they quit when they are down.

Given all of that, we need to be running a system that is SIMPLE and that allows the kids to play fast without having to think or make any decisions.

That's the key for Miami.

Honest to God.... if it were up to me, I would install a high school Air Raid offense. Just keep it simple, and let our athletes be athletes in space. If you're asking the kids to diagnose anything on the field, or make decisions, or learn a new playbook, they're probably going to let you down.

The only thing we should be asking our kids to do is run fast, catch the ball, block, and tackle.

A lot were calling for Bedenbaugh as OC and OL coach last year. Oh hey our two biggest weaknesses.

Advertisement
@Roman Marciante Tell me if I'm wrong here. But didn't Dennis Erickson run a spread offense when he WON US TWO OF OUR FIVE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS??? Why are we so scared of an offense that has WORKED HERE BEFORE????

This ain't Navy or some school who has never passed the ball before venturing into the terrifying unknown. We've done it before with GREAT SUCCESS!!!!

Am I missing something??? Why are we SO AFRAID OF THE SPREAD???? ALL CAPS!!!!!!View attachment 103190
For some reason after the run on draft picks in early 2000s, alot of people got drunk on the whole allure of being called "NFLU", with that we wanted to tie ourselves and place us above running a college offense and wanted to be cool enough to tie ourselves to a pro style bro (mind you the nfl game now has borrowed soo much from college that you cant tell both apart)..

Alot of that culture that you hear about starts there, Go listen to interview where a freshman is being asked about going to NFL after having ONE big game, its ingrained in fans, media, players.. You play one big game, you are already in 2021 top 5 picks before anything else. Why work, after that just coast and dont get injured. The culture that we adopted has not won us anything in 15 years + (NFL TD streak, Draft streak, pro style bro, leave early to go be a substitute teacher streak, etc.) Time to give that **** up and go in another direction.

Advertisement
130th on 3rd down which is dead last in the entire nation. That takes a special kind of ineptitude with the purported talent level we have at the skill positions.

Exactly. If Manny doesn't see those stats and make a change I'll be honestly shocked. In fact penos should resign for being that **** poor. Simply embarrassing

Dan Enos is his own worst enemy and actually needs a guy like Nick to be consistently successful. He needs a guy seasoned enough to put him in his place, and give him the oppo dialogue he so desperately needs.

He thinks he’s smarter than all of football. As a QB coach, he’s good. As a OC, he’s proven to be entirely too stubborn.

The second half of the season has been less under center, but the concepts haven’t changed. Vs FIU - We basically went back to the same ****** depth routes we ran vs VT that got jumped all game. The next time we open up a guy’s hips on a quick slant will be the first time.

But, thinking Enos is THE problem will be a major, major hurdle for Miami. Our defense is trash. The staff sucks.

I don’t give a **** if JW were to throw 6 picks - we should not be allowing FIU to score as much as they did. FIU shouldn’t have scored more than 7 points against us. ****, I believe FAU beat them by 30. Our defense is trash. Smoke and mirrors. Too slow on the back end. No gap assignment football - trash.

Staff is the equivalent of political manure. Diaz style.

I had FIU scoring only ten points against us. So I guess we were in a similar hood'.

And as for gap assignment. That's where tiny FIU had most of their big runs. Ouch. Matter of fact, a lot of teams this season had big runs against Baker's crew because of missed gap assignments.

Lmao no **** OP. We (at least not the astute posters) don’t need some detailed analysis to come to this conclusion that many have realized 5 years ago.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back