Top 25 offenses (Miami identity Crisis)

Advertisement
Roman, I've been screaming for us to run an uptempo Spread since 2017 & wrote long thread about it months ago.

👉🏾 https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/its-all-about-the-xs-os.151897/

The dedication we've foolishly had to the "Pro Style Bro" Offense is simply a microcosm of the pure ineptitude that has run this program for so long. We're NEVER going to have the OL to be an effective Pro style team like UGA or Wisconsin.

I wanted us to hire Norvell or Heupel last year before Richt had even stepped down, you give those guys Miami skill players & they would boat race the entire ACC on a weekly basis, they **** sure wouldn't be losing to FIU.

Pace & Space is the name of the game for Modern offenses, we for whatever reason have vehemently fought against modernizing & it's had devastating negative effects on the field which have sunk our program. We're slow, simplistic & predictable, we don't utilize our skill advantage & actually found a way to neutralize our speed.

Miami Offense is stuck in the 80/90's while even teams that were strictly Power run in the past like Bama & LSU have understood the game has evolved & caught up with the times.

We need to wake the **** up & stop fighting what's self evident, we're a Spread team with Spread personnel, the "Bro-style" Offense has done nothing for us in the last 16 years except make us more of a laughing stock around the nation.

I'll say it again, UM is that family that has the father that still rents movies out of the Red Box(or still goes to the last remaining Blockbuster Video) instead of getting a Netflix subscription
Ngl blockbuster was the sh*t back in the day

1. Oklahoma
  2. LSU
  3. Clemson
  4. UCF
  5. Washington State
  6. Ohio State
  7. Alabama
  8. SMU
  9. Louisiana Lafayette
  10. Memphis
  11. Hawaii
  12. Iowa State
  13. Oklahoma State
  14. Texas Tech
  15. Western Michigan
  16. Troy
  17. Wake Forest
  18. USC
  19. Georgia State
  20. Utah
  21. Oregon
  22. Boise State
  23. Boston College
  24. Navy
  25. North Carolina
Even looking at the top 10 and you see it is DOMINATED by spread offenses. In 17 years Miami has had ONE 10 win season. Miami has had numerous head coaches, coordinators, a couple athletic directors, presidents, upgraded its facilities, etc etc....but one thing has remained. Bad offensive football. And at the heart of that offensive quagmire is a pro style system. Why do the Hurricanes insist on it? What has maintaining this offensive identity recently accomplished?

I, for the life of me, cannot begin to rationalize this allegiance to a pro system in college any longer. I have been a proponent of an imaginative spread out offense in South Florida for around a decade now and that is strictly an opinion mind you. But the sure fire playoff teams look pretty content on their systems and they are big believers in offensive output. Their systems have a commonality. One in which the Hurricanes don't share.

Ingenuity needed. Regardless of system can we settle on that a cutting edge, push the envelope system pushed a school to the north with one of our failed coaches to a makeshift national championship? Can we agree that Matt Canada was fired and a spread system was brought in and thankfully so. LSU snapped a Alabama home winning streak that would have threatened ours. Why do we continue to square peg round hole this? What is the alternative?

Showed some examples this year of when simple space and fast Miami athletes created an advantage.

Well said

Roman, I've been screaming for us to run an uptempo Spread since 2017 & wrote long thread about it months ago.

👉🏾 https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/its-all-about-the-xs-os.151897/

The dedication we've foolishly had to the "Pro Style Bro" Offense is simply a microcosm of the pure ineptitude that has run this program for so long. We're NEVER going to have the OL to be an effective Pro style team like UGA or Wisconsin.

I wanted us to hire Norvell or Heupel last year before Richt had even stepped down, you give those guys Miami skill players & they would boat race the entire ACC on a weekly basis, they **** sure wouldn't be losing to FIU.

Pace & Space is the name of the game for Modern offenses, we for whatever reason have vehemently fought against modernizing & it's had devastating negative effects on the field which have sunk our program. We're slow, simplistic & predictable, we don't utilize our skill advantage & actually found a way to neutralize our speed.

Miami Offense is stuck in the 80/90's while even teams that were strictly Power run in the past like Bama & LSU have understood the game has evolved & caught up with the times.

We need to wake the **** up & stop fighting what's self evident, we're a Spread team with Spread personnel, the "Bro-style" Offense has done nothing for us in the last 16 years except make us more of a laughing stock around the nation.

PREACH

Advertisement
We are soo far behind the spread is basically mainstream now, LOL.. And we still not even the last on the train. LSU won ships more recently and had success and even they were smart enough to abandon the bro style offense that we seem to cling to for no good reason. Our offense hasnt put fear in any team for yearsssss... How embarrassing

We used over 7 minutes on a drive to kick a FG down 16-0 in the 2nd half. To me, that shows complete incompetence.
We were milking the clock soo much on that drive we had to burn a second half valuable Timeout because we were about to get a delay of game.. That alone tells you the snail pace we run our offense.. No sense of urgency, nothing... We were huddling into the 4th qtr.. we didnt go hurryup until the game was basically over..

Advertisement
When Manny put out #TNM I thought he’d really make it “new.” But instead it’s been the same **** with this offense. Slow, no tempo, no rhythm, clumsy. And that’s against inferior teams like CMU, FIU and even the beginning of Bethune Cookman (fvck me). The only way to make the program the new miami is by really disconnecting from these thoughts that miami has a style and just go get the most innovative motherfvcker out there and go to work. Then you can start demanding more from the administration and BOT to upgrade every phase of the program. I keep thinking about how the gap between us and Clemson grows every day and somehow Manny thinks that working harder at the same thing will produce better results. No man, hard work is always necessary, but you gotta work hard at the right thing!

This is what I can't ******* understand. WIth all of the talent on our roster and the talent in South Florida in general WHY THE **** ISN'T MIAMI RUNNING A SPREAD OFFENSE?

someone answer me. Right now. I need an answer.

1. Oklahoma
  2. LSU
  3. Clemson
  4. UCF
  5. Washington State
  6. Ohio State
  7. Alabama
  8. SMU
  9. Louisiana Lafayette
  10. Memphis
  11. Hawaii
  12. Iowa State
  13. Oklahoma State
  14. Texas Tech
  15. Western Michigan
  16. Troy
  17. Wake Forest
  18. USC
  19. Georgia State
  20. Utah
  21. Oregon
  22. Boise State
  23. Boston College
  24. Navy
  25. North Carolina
Even looking at the top 10 and you see it is DOMINATED by spread offenses. In 17 years Miami has had ONE 10 win season. Miami has had numerous head coaches, coordinators, a couple athletic directors, presidents, upgraded its facilities, etc etc....but one thing has remained. Bad offensive football. And at the heart of that offensive quagmire is a pro style system. Why do the Hurricanes insist on it? What has maintaining this offensive identity recently accomplished?

I, for the life of me, cannot begin to rationalize this allegiance to a pro system in college any longer. I have been a proponent of an imaginative spread out offense in South Florida for around a decade now and that is strictly an opinion mind you. But the sure fire playoff teams look pretty content on their systems and they are big believers in offensive output. Their systems have a commonality. One in which the Hurricanes don't share.

Ingenuity needed. Regardless of system can we settle on that a cutting edge, push the envelope system pushed a school to the north with one of our failed coaches to a makeshift national championship? Can we agree that Matt Canada was fired and a spread system was brought in and thankfully so. LSU snapped a Alabama home winning streak that would have threatened ours. Why do we continue to square peg round hole this? What is the alternative?

Showed some examples this year of when simple space and fast Miami athletes created an advantage.

once again Roman has a hard on for the hand picked OC that the HC hired.

Enos isnt why we are one of the most penalized teams in the country, and abysmal on third down defense (a classic Diaz defense trait).

The head coach and the idiots who hired him are the problem. There is ZERO point in firing the coordinators to let this imbecile HC pick another. Just get a real HC in here for gods sake. This jumping through hoops to try to prop up your brethren is truly pathetic.

Advertisement
Advertisement
This is basically the same as Richt with what he said about plays from 30 years ago. It remains to be seen on if Manny will make a change.

Style of play matters to Miami. We’ve seen it on defense.”
He said on offense, Miami football - at its best, during the glory years - features “deep throws, a power downhill running game” and good quarterback play. That’s what he wants here, not an offense that spreads it out, throws most of the time, and doesn’t use much of a power running game.

“It’s been done [very well] before,” Diaz said of that offensive style. “Which means it can be done again.”

But wait there's more...

3rd Down Conversion %

125 South Alabama 11 151 46 .305
126 UConn 11 147 43 .293
127 Vanderbilt 11 149 43 .289
128 UNLV 11 156 44 .282
129 Akron 11 150 41 .273
130 Miami (FL) 11 129 35. .271
View attachment 103109
This guy has to go. Its like when the dolphins got joe Philbin cuz he was the offensive coordinator for the packers but he didn't call the play. Enos has nothing to do with jalen hurts ability or tua. This guy is a waste. Might as well let jon richt run the offensive

130th on 3rd down which is dead last in the entire nation. That takes a special kind of ineptitude with the purported talent level we have at the skill positions.

Advertisement
Back