18. USC
  19. Georgia State
  20. Utah
  21. Oregon
  22. Boise State
  23. Boston College
  24. Navy
  25. North Carolina
Even looking at the top 10 and you see it is DOMINATED by spread offenses. In 17 years Miami has had ONE 10 win season. Miami has had numerous head coaches, coordinators, a couple athletic directors, presidents, upgraded its facilities, etc etc....but one thing has remained. Bad offensive football. And at the heart of that offensive quagmire is a pro style system. Why do the Hurricanes insist on it? What has maintaining this offensive identity recently accomplished?

I, for the life of me, cannot begin to rationalize this allegiance to a pro system in college any longer. I have been a proponent of an imaginative spread out offense in South Florida for around a decade now and that is strictly an opinion mind you. But the sure fire playoff teams look pretty content on their systems and they are big believers in offensive output. Their systems have a commonality. One in which the Hurricanes don't share.

Ingenuity needed. Regardless of system can we settle on that a cutting edge, push the envelope system pushed a school to the north with one of our failed coaches to a makeshift national championship? Can we agree that Matt Canada was fired and a spread system was brought in and thankfully so. LSU snapped a Alabama home winning streak that would have threatened ours. Why do we continue to square peg round hole this? What is the alternative?

Showed some examples this year of when simple space and fast Miami athletes created an advantage.

Advertisement
Like a lot of dumb posters on here they think going to a spread offense will make us soft (Too late) and that Spread offenses are for gimmicky small schools

Look at that offensive top 25. Now look at Miami offensively going close to 2 decades now. What would hurt this program at this point to join the rest of the countries offensive arm's race? Manny said the offense would be cutting edge. Please, adopt that mantra wholeheartedly and you have my undivided attention.

Advertisement
Look at that offensive top 25. Now look at Miami offensively going close to 2 decades now. What would hurt this program at this point to join the rest of the countries offensive arm's race? Manny said the offense would be cutting edge. Please, adopt that mantra wholeheartedly and you have my undivided attention.
Agree 💯. Adopt it and make it better (should absolutely be doable with the athletes we have/get)

....Art briles and Lincoln Riley would have the acc teams we play quit by half time after the amount of points they would put up in the first half if they coached miami.

I agree. we need the spread. we have the athletes.

1. Oklahoma
  2. LSU
  3. Clemson
  4. UCF
  5. Washington State
  6. Ohio State
  7. Alabama
  8. SMU
  9. Louisiana Lafayette
  10. Memphis
  11. Hawaii
  12. Iowa State
  13. Oklahoma State
  14. Texas Tech
  15. Western Michigan
  16. Troy
  17. Wake Forest
  18. USC
  19. Georgia State
  20. Utah
  21. Oregon
  22. Boise State
  23. Boston College
  24. Navy
  25. North Carolina
Even looking at the top 10 and you see it is DOMINATED by spread offenses. In 17 years Miami has had ONE 10 win season. Miami has had numerous head coaches, coordinators, a couple athletic directors, presidents, upgraded its facilities, etc etc....but one thing has remained. Bad offensive football. And at the heart of that offensive quagmire is a pro style system. Why do the Hurricanes insist on it? What has maintaining this offensive identity recently accomplished?

I, for the life of me, cannot begin to rationalize this allegiance to a pro system in college any longer. I have been a proponent of an imaginative spread out offense in South Florida for around a decade now and that is strictly an opinion mind you. But the sure fire playoff teams look pretty content on their systems and they are big believers in offensive output. Their systems have a commonality. One in which the Hurricanes don't share.

Ingenuity needed. Regardless of system can we settle on that a cutting edge, push the envelope system pushed a school to the north with one of our failed coaches to a makeshift national championship? Can we agree that Matt Canada was fired and a spread system was brought in and thankfully so. LSU snapped a Alabama home winning streak that would have threatened ours. Why do we continue to square peg round hole this? What is the alternative?

Showed some examples this year of when simple space and fast Miami athletes created an advantage.

Amigo, here is your answer

Advertisement
Roman, to be fair, the first clip from the VT game you mention something about when you spread Miami kids out, sorry don´t remember the exact commentary. Point is, none of the players in the clip were Miami kids! DJ, KJ and JT

I don’t know the rationale. I think one of Miami’s selling points to recruits is that they put players in the League and prepare them by playing in Pro Style Offense, but that has gone out the window the last 10 years. I think that even more important than “bags” is selling a modern, if not innovative, offense to local 5 star recruits to convince them to stay. How do you compete with an Alabama when they are better in every single way? You simply can’t, but you can at least try by selling an aggressive, up tempo offense that will win games. Will Miami or Manny listen? If he wants a shot at keeping his job he needs to by season’s end. Enos just got to Jon Richt level.

I don’t know the rationale. I think one of Miami’s selling points to recruits is that they put players in the League and prepare them by playing in Pro Style Offense, but that has gone out the window the last 10 years. I think that even more important than “bags” is selling a modern, if not innovative, offense to local 5 star recruits to convince them to stay. How do you compete with an Alabama when they are better in every single way? You simply can’t, but you can at least try by selling an aggressive, up tempo offense that will win games. Will Miami or Manny listen? If he wants a shot at keeping his job he needs to by season’s end. Enos just got to Jon Richt level.
If Manny thinks this BS is cutting edge, it says a **** of a lot about his lack of football knowledge.

Let's see how savage Manny really is when it comes to firing someone he hired. He simply can not stay the course.

Pro style offenses don’t put people in the league anymore. Multiple look offenses like Oklahoma and LSU do. Both offenses can get vertical and out athlete you but also hit you with a hammer. Even SMU does it but they’re more true to spread.

Advertisement
Roman, to be fair, the first clip from the VT game you mention something about when you spread Miami kids out, sorry don´t remember the exact commentary. Point is, none of the players in the clip were Miami kids! DJ, KJ and JT

I took flak for that. Better said "Miami Hurricane kids" I was heated.....lol

Advertisement
I'll say it again, UM is that family that has the father that still rents movies out of the Red Box(or still goes to the last remaining Blockbuster Video) instead of getting a Netflix subscription
I feel as if OC's mix up plays, just for the sake of mixing up plays. Instead of doing the same plays over and over, if they're working.

This is basically the same as Richt with what he said about plays from 30 years ago. It remains to be seen on if Manny will make a change.

Style of play matters to Miami. We’ve seen it on defense.”
He said on offense, Miami football - at its best, during the glory years - features “deep throws, a power downhill running game” and good quarterback play. That’s what he wants here, not an offense that spreads it out, throws most of the time, and doesn’t use much of a power running game.

“It’s been done [very well] before,” Diaz said of that offensive style. “Which means it can be done again.”

But wait there's more...

3rd Down Conversion %

125 South Alabama 11 151 46 .305
126 UConn 11 147 43 .293
127 Vanderbilt 11 149 43 .289
128 UNLV 11 156 44 .282
129 Akron 11 150 41 .273
130 Miami (FL) 11 129 35. .271
1574651026696.png

Last edited:
All the fans on this board that argued in the offseason that Enos was the right hire and the big boys don’t run that gimmick sh*t and blah blah blah.
I hope all those posters are happy. You’re getting what you wanted.

Pretty sure 90% of the board wanted spread or air raid. When Manny got Enos, we started to buy in cause of Bama ties, Saban, UGA wanted him, he sounded smart, and well we ****** wanted it to work out cause that who we are stuck with.

Enos has now proven to be inept. Any excuses of new QB, new OL, or anything else is just BS. He is downright bad. Manny ****ed him by paying him big bucks and giving him total keys to the O and O staff.

Lets hope Manny mans up and fires him at EOY (wouldnt be surprised if Enos has a $2-3M+ buyout though...) I dont know what OC will want to come here at this point (fire OC 1 year in, Manny on hot seat, Miami a disgrace of a program) but we can pray $1M+ will buy someone up and coming and pray its a Spread or Oklahoma offense guy

Advertisement
Back