2022 Top 100 4⭐ CB Jahlil Florence

I can see him picking Oregon imo

Def possible, but…

-As of now the kid has no plans to take another OV up there with the new staff in place. If I’m Oregon, I don’t like that at all.
-SC tried to close on him right before the last signing period getting him on campus that last weekend before the 15th and he held off. I’d be more concerned with SC than Oregon right now with him.
-Obviously he still has yet to see us and I have zero doubt we are going to knock the OV out the park with him.

Coach Cristobal just needs to keep hacking and do what he does when the kid visits. We are making the kid a priority and he knows it. Hopefully he doesn’t swing back up to Oregon for repeat OV or take UOV to SC once of those weekends after he visits us. Something to keep an eye on but the timing is good here.

Advertisement
Def possible, but…

-As of now the kid has no plans to take another OV up there with the new staff in place. If I’m Oregon, I don’t like that at all.
-SC tried to close on him right before the last signing period getting him on campus that last weekend before the 15th and he held off. I’d be more concerned with SC than Oregon right now with him.
-Obviously he still has yet to see us and I have zero doubt we are going to knock the OV out the park with him.

Coach Cristobal just needs to keep hacking and do what he does when the kid visits. We are making the kid a priority and he knows it. Hopefully he doesn’t swing back up to Oregon for repeat OV or take UOV to SC once of those weekends after he visits us. Something to keep an eye on but the timing is good here.

These upcoming visit weekends are going to be massive for Mario. Small groups, all elite talent.

Kids want to play with other elite kids. No more large recruiting official visit weekends with 2&3 star kids sprinkled in with a couple big names like Diaz was doing.

I would love to hear how a Mario led official visit weekend stacks up to a manny led official visit weekend.

Advertisement
Def possible, but…

Yeah some of his quotes when he dropped his top 5 seemed to favor us:

"I'm, probably going to commit on Signing Day," Florence said. "Right now, I'm still trying to figure out all my trip dates. The only one I know for sure will be to Miami on (Jan. 14). "

"I know I can take a visit on the 21st and the 28th but don't have anything else set up right now. I visited USC right before the dead period in December and I took my visit to Oregon during the season. I know I can visit Oregon again since they have a new staff but I'm not planning to do that right now."

Advertisement
We have the perfect dichotomy here. So many kids wanted to come to miami but couldn't cuz it was bad business. Then you have many kids go to a school like Oregon even though they didnt particularly wanted to go so far away but go because Coach Cristobal was so elite as a recruiter.

Now we meshed Miami pull together with Mario.....confetti. He coming.

Advertisement
Florence was never tied at the hip to Chance to begin with.

Oregon is still in the picture because they just hired Demetrice Martin as their new CB’s coach & he’s a really good west coast recruiter, he was Jim Mora’s ace at UCLA, he’s the guy that got them Jaelan Phillips & Darnay Holmes.

We have to hit a homerun when Florence comes down for his visit, having a definitive CB’s coach would help a great deal.
Only saying disagree when it relates to darnay. Darnay went to UCLA because of keyshawn... If you know keyshawn role with high school kids out there than you'll understand what I mean.

Yeah some of his quotes when he dropped his top 5 seemed to favor us:

"I'm, probably going to commit on Signing Day," Florence said. "Right now, I'm still trying to figure out all my trip dates. The only one I know for sure will be to Miami on (Jan. 14). "

"I know I can take a visit on the 21st and the 28th but don't have anything else set up right now. I visited USC right before the dead period in December and I took my visit to Oregon during the season. I know I can visit Oregon again since they have a new staff but I'm not planning to do that right now."

There is chatter on Oregon 247 that Florence is going to take another OV to Oregon on the 28th.

Advertisement
Not by much, but yes I do. He has more juice on tape IMO and by juice I mean top end speed & burst and it jumps out on tape. That verified 6’1.5 and 10.7 speed is hard to ignore and the SD kids who come from that area are tougher than your typical SoCal kid. I also think he is a little more of a pure CB and would be ready to play sooner.

No knock on Graves though. They both are both special athletes that have the potential to play on Sundays, I truly believe that. I just think Florence has him beat slightly.
Oh ok. Thanks for ur opinion

I didn’t read any of this thread. If it isn’t obvious what’s happening… the answer is yes. ✅ I don’t believe we’ll have a top ten class this year, but it will be too 15. Mario is amazing
We will be around 10. We are jumping to #21 today and we getting more commits after.

Advertisement
Back