Top 10 Recruiting Budgets

Advertisement
That escalated quickly
It puts into perspective the real issue at hand...

Miami doesn’t spend in recruiting, nor pay top dollar for coaches, so the reason why we’ve been stuck in 18 years of college football purgatory is because the people in charge of the program haven’t evolved to understanding the business of college football.

We’re sitting on a potential Gold mine that doesn’t produce any Gold because we refuse to buy any excavators.

Last edited:

Miami doesn’t spend in recruiting, nor pay top dollar for coaches, so the reason why we’ve been stuck in 18 years of college football purgatory is because the people in charge of the program haven’t evolved to understanding the business of college football.

We’re sitting on a potential Gold mine that doesn’t produce any Gold because we refuse buy any excavators.
They don’t spend because they’re married to SFL despite overwhelming proof that you need a national presence to legitimately contend. Bama, UGA, OSU, LSU, TAMU, and Clemson doesn’t have to recruit more than 6 hours away from their schools to field a extremely talented team but they have a national presence. Somehow Miami thinks we can take this outdated approach that was proven wrong by Jimmy and Butch and try to make it work.

Advertisement
They don’t spend because they’re married to SFL despite overwhelming proof that you need a national presence to legitimately contend. Bama, UGA, OSU, LSU, TAMU, and Clemson doesn’t have to recruit more than 6 hours away from their schools to field a extremely talented team but they have a national presence. Somehow Miami thinks we can take this outdated approach that was proven wrong by Jimmy and Butch and try to make it work.

Those schools are married to the best players and you need to spend to get them.
It's not about location but who you get.
If south florida players stay home without taking bags and we were still losing then you had a point.

Those schools are married to the best players and you need to spend to get them.
It's not about location but who you get.
If south florida players stay home without taking bags and we were still losing then you had a point.
Lmao. They weren’t staying home in ‘01 either hence why half of the team wasn’t even from the state of FL let alone SFL.

Those teams have a national presence because they win.

Miami is not going to consistently win out-of-state battles until they improve the credibility of the program. Our OOS players aren't the cream of the crop that Bama, UGA and LSU are plucking. That's why those guys have played much worse than our local players on average:

Advertisement

Miami is not going to consistently win out-of-state battles until they improve the credibility of the program. Our OOS players aren't the cream of the crop that Bama, UGA and LSU are plucking. That's why those guys have played much worse than our local players on average:

Not to disagree with the 🐐 @DMoney but

Not disagreeing @DMoney, SFL is loaded with talent year in and year out. The NFL tells that tale and is the ultimate output of the meat grinder that is football. Based on that output the premise of building through SFL makes a ton of sense. Should be a 60/40 split IMO but guys like @Liberty City El know way more than me. Going back to the point of this thread we need to invest $ into the recruiting side because even though we’ve been bad the brand carries weight, shoot I was in Hawaii wearing my canes hat and someone threw up the U. Not investing in recruiting is like not investing in R&D at a company. Eventually your sh*t gets stale. I just want to understand the inputs of “recruiting budgets” bag money aside.

Not to disagree with the 🐐 @DMoney but

Not disagreeing @DMoney, SFL is loaded with talent year in and year out. The NFL tells that tale and is the ultimate output of the meat grinder that is football. Based on that output the premise of building through SFL makes a ton of sense. Should be a 60/40 split IMO but guys like @Liberty City El know way more than me. Going back to the point of this thread we need to invest $ into the recruiting side because even though we’ve been bad the brand carries weight, shoot I was in Hawaii wearing my canes hat and someone threw up the U. Not investing in recruiting is like not investing in R&D at a company. Eventually your sh*t gets stale. I just want to understand the inputs of “recruiting budgets” bag money aside.
we need a legit recruiting department similar to what uga/bama has with legit coaches that actually platyed football HIRED in those spots that are reviewing film/making contacts etc. I like what we do with the girls who does the edits. Just feel like we may need a bit more int hat recruiting depatment...maybe can get some former players or even s.fla high school up n coming type coaches at that sort of spot.

I think uga pays those guys 30k or so. We wouldnt have to pay that much to get legit folks in that department. I know i **** sure would intern for free and training table.

An example:
"A deep dive into Smart’s recruiting infrastructure – his spin on Saban’s fabled “Process” – illuminates just how Smart has nudged Georgia into the highest echelon of college football. The breadth, intensity and sheer numbers in Georgia’s recruiting operation combine with Smart’s maniacal insistency that the recruiting be based on personal touches. There’s nine new full-time employees in Georgia’s football office, most focused on recruiting, being paid more than $500,000 annually to fuel the operation. There’s also a phalanx of more than 60 support staff members, interns and students who have created one of the most vast and sophisticated recruiting ecosystems in college football. “Kirby took it from a Mustang and turned it into a Ferrari,” said Georgia linebacker coach Kevin Sherrer, who worked under Richt.

We wouldnt need 500k to do this...on a smaller scale around 100-200k would be enough to suffice imo.

we need a legit recruiting department similar to what uga/bama has with legit coaches that actually platyed football HIRED in those spots that are reviewing film/making contacts etc. I like what we do with the girls who does the edits. Just feel like we may need a bit more int hat recruiting depatment...maybe can get some former players or even s.fla high school up n coming type coaches at that sort of spot.

I think uga pays those guys 30k or so. We wouldnt have to pay that much to get legit folks in that department. I know i **** sure would intern for free and training table.

An example:
"A deep dive into Smart’s recruiting infrastructure – his spin on Saban’s fabled “Process” – illuminates just how Smart has nudged Georgia into the highest echelon of college football. The breadth, intensity and sheer numbers in Georgia’s recruiting operation combine with Smart’s maniacal insistency that the recruiting be based on personal touches. There’s nine new full-time employees in Georgia’s football office, most focused on recruiting, being paid more than $500,000 annually to fuel the operation. There’s also a phalanx of more than 60 support staff members, interns and students who have created one of the most vast and sophisticated recruiting ecosystems in college football. “Kirby took it from a Mustang and turned it into a Ferrari,” said Georgia linebacker coach Kevin Sherrer, who worked under Richt.

We wouldnt need 500k to do this...on a smaller scale around 100-200k would be enough to suffice imo.
Of the coaching candidates discussed, who gets this the most? Who will bring us into the new world of CFB?

Advertisement
TN and FSU sure are getting a great ROI
They haven’t on the field yet, but FSU has the #1 ranked player in the Nation committed in 5-star CB/WR Travis Hunter, plus 5-star S Sam McCall, high 4-star QB AJ Duffy & are in line to sign another high ranked 4-star WR in Kevin Coleman, plus have 3 high 4-star OL’s committed.

Now obviously, they could all end up decommitting later on, but their investment into recruiting is eventually going to result in a good accumilation of talent.

Tennessee is just a QB away from completely flipping things upside down, they’ve been spending a pretty penny for the last 3 years & now that they have the right coach, once they find a legit QB they’re going to be a good team.

Whether it produces immediate results or not, I commend their efforts to at least be willing to spend what it takes to compete. The majority of the teams in the top 10 have had either success on the field or on the recruiting trail or both, so it just shows that these programs get it & recognize the cost of success.

The only ones that haven’t figured it out yet is us, hence why we suck & continue to suck.

They haven’t on the field yet, but FSU has the #1 ranked player in the Nation committed in 5-star CB/WR Travis Hunter, plus 5-star S Sam McCall, high 4-star QB AJ Duffy & are in line to sign another high ranked 4-star WR in Kevin Coleman, plus have 3 high 4-star OL’s committed.

Now obviously, they could all end up decommitting later on, but their investment into recruiting is eventually going to result in a good accumilation of talent.

Tennessee is just a QB away from completely flipping things upside down, they’ve been spending a pretty penny for the last 3 years & now that they have the right coach, once they find a legit QB they’re going to be a good team.

Whether it produces immediate results or not, I commend their efforts to at least be willing to spend what it takes to compete. The majority of the teams in the top 10 have had either success on the field or on the recruiting trail or both, so it just shows that these programs get it & recognize the cost of success.

The only ones that haven’t figured it out yet is us, hence why we suck & continue to suck.
I know you aren't big on Mario, but one of the hidden benefits of hiring him is that he will demand this kind of investment before he signs.

I know you aren't big on Mario, but one of the hidden benefits of hiring him is that he will demand this kind of investment before he signs.
I would imagine most coaches would, especially if they’re leaving another P5 program to come here.

But then that begs the question, if Mario demands that & gets it, does that mean that they refused to invest before him or they simply only decided to invest because of him?

Advertisement

We’re sitting on a potential Gold mine that doesn’t produce any Gold because we refuse to buy any excavators.
Whats crazy is a few guys were saying this yearsss ago and people would get ****ED and want them banned. I remember nole80/elite80 saying this on shadow's board like 15 YEARS ago in 2006! :eek:
:eek:

Its clear the school doesnt care and they made the move to ACC to steal money and invest as little in program but benefit from other winning programs by having a profit share system in place. Shadow and caneinjersey, guys who had contacts in program let it be known it was better to put time in other things maybe 6/7 years ago, school did not care and you would be wasting your time.. As sad as it is to say they were right, it wasnt spelled out clearly but the writing is on the wall..

But then that begs the question, if Mario demands that & gets it, does that mean that they refused to invest before him or they simply only decided to invest because of him?
I think it's both. The unique thing about Mario is that he can take advantage of our desperation, given his leverage. He's already on a Top 10 team.

Richt used some of that leverage (big assistant budget, new facilities, letting his son call plays) and he had just gotten fired.

I would imagine most coaches would, especially if they’re leaving another P5 program to come here.

Don’t know anything but my guess is this stuff is like pulling teeth for admin. Have to be publicly shamed into investing in FB, whoever is next in line will get a big(ger) budget $13-$16m. Not sure if this is 100% accurate but you break down:

1) $1.5 - $2mm: recruiting budget
2) $10-12mm: coaching budget (plus analysts)
3) $1.5-$2mm strength and conditioning / training staff budget?
4) ???

Is this a $15m a year operation? If so I’d imagine we could have a 2-3x (+) ROI on the bottom line…. Makes too much sense IMO

Profits - https://www.athleticscholarships.net/profitable-college-football-programs.htm

@DMoney what is the budget today?

Advertisement
Back