Top 10 Prospects in South Florida

Advertisement
It's too early for a list like this, as we haven't had Opening testing and spring is canceled. But nobody is doing anything, so may as well get the discussion started. One thing that became apparent making this list is that '21 is an all-time class, locally. You could make another Top 15 with nothing but four-star, high-major prospects.

Note that this list is about college projection, not high school production. Size, athleticism and growth potential are major factors. Character is tricky for a bunch of reasons, but if there is something we know (like an Honor Roll or suspension) that is factored in, too.

1. Marcus Tate, OT, University (6'5, 326) - Massive dancing bear with advanced pass protection.
2. Leonard Taylor, DT, Palmetto (6'4, 255)- Martial artist/hooper with the hands and feet to dominate.
3. James Williams, S/LB, American Heritage (6'5, 218)- He's not on Sean Taylor's level, but he's the closest thing since Sean. High risk, huge reward.
4. Jaden Alexis, WR, Monarch (6'1, 180)- Catches like a WR, carries like a RB, runs like a track star.
5. Dallas Turner, DE/OLB, St. Thomas Aquinas (6'4, 235)- Clean prospect with his best football ahead of him.
6. Laurence Seymore, OL, Central (6'2, 293)- Has everything you want in an OL except height. Future Pro Bowl center.
7. Jacorey Brooks WR, Booker T (6'3, 185)- Prolific all-around athlete with rare ability to adjust to the ball.
8. Thad Franklin, RB, Chaminade (6', 225)- Rare combination of size, fluidity and production.
9. Jason Marshall, CB, Palmetto (6'2, 180)- Big corner who is athletic enough to house punts reminiscent of Pat Surtain, Jr.
10. Romello Brinson, WR, Northwestern (6'2, 180)- Long, lanky pass-catcher who can accelerate like a smaller man.
sign #4, #6, #8 and #10 and that's a win!

Not a chance with any of the others except for maybe a slim outside shot at #7

Advertisement
Gonna be a big meltdown on this board when we get closer to ESD, assuming it actually happens.

Been saying for going on 6 months now we are wayyyyyyyy behind on the big fish this class. Not just SFL, which is extra egregious. But when the dust settles on the final rankings and signees for the entire state, Miami is going to be pretty embarrassingly left out.

This is going to have to be a big OOS year (not the end of the world) and the kids Miami does get from FL are going to have to really pan out plus hits on some lower ranked kids. The majority of the Top 50 in the state will not be coming here this year. JMO.

We keep Seymore, will have to hold on for dear life to keep Thad & maybe get Alexis...

Everybody else ain't coming.

If we get to play this year I think this will change. I see this offense exploding under the King and the D is going to be Nasty!! Kids will want to play here again. Now if we could just figure out who's going to be our bagman. :rolleyes:

Advertisement
Comparing James Williams to Isaiah Simmons straight forward doesn't work for me, but I understand what you're getting at. These types of players can go either way, but in college they tend to be pretty good.

Isaiah Simmons, Shaq Thompson, Mark Barron, Deone Buchanan, Josh Harvey-Clemons, Sua Cravens.

Comparing James Williams to Isaiah Simmons straight forward doesn't work for me, but I understand what you're getting at. These types of players can go either way, but in college they tend to be pretty good.

Isaiah Simmons, Shaq Thompson, Mark Barron, Deone Buchanan, Josh Harvey-Clemons, Sua Cravens.
Ray Ray Armstrong, lol

Until we stop the SEC from poaching the majority of So Fla 5 stars we will continue to struggle/lose to teams like Duke/FIU/Louisiana Technical School.
it's that simple

I understand your point.....but you don't need 5 stars to beat teams like Duke/FIU/Louisiana Technical School.
We recruit at a level RIGHT NOW thats more than enough to beat those teams.
chool.
We recruit at a level RIGHT NOW thats more than enough to win the coastal every year.

Advertisement
Noted.

We play them this season so I was curious.

He gon intimidate whoever yall got lol. Their whole OL is typically well coach...likely the best coach bunch in dade.

He aint tall, you guys got the Big guys.....he's just mean.

Advertisement
Intimidate Alton Tarber and Richard Thomas?

LOL ok.

He's literally been beating up on any and every local dl down here from the camps to on the field for **** near 5 years. ( since optomist)

Seen him dummy up some guys that are current rotation guys already on our roster as a SOPH.

Richard Thomas is gonna have to strap up them boots that night.

He's not going to look intimidating..Deerfield has had much bigger guys on their OL....but go ask any of the lineman if they have camped who is that guy. There probably havent been a lineman at Deerfield with the punch and handwork.

I cant bet on deerfield vs dade teams though...lol

1 decent year out of a 100 doesn't cut it.

Coach Win is always the best recruiter.

There have always been loads of schools recruiting in south Florida.

Your idea is backwards IMO, keep those kids home and you don't lose to bad teams. We need ELITE recruiters to walk in these kids living rooms and convince them Miami is the school.

We went 10-3 and were ranked #1 in 17 and still got poached by SEC schools......

Advertisement
Back