Top 10 Coaches Heading into the Season

There isn’t a coach I dislike more in college football than the Kirbster...

Except for probably Will Muschamp lol

This mf'er pretty bad, too

Screen-Shot-2021-12-12-at-8.10.39-PM-1200x628.png

Advertisement
I’m crazy but not that crazy...

**** even having him at 9 & not in top 3 is enough to be burned at the stake on here lol
Mario still has more to prove to be higher than 9th but I think he is on track to do so. His best attribute so far is as a salesman hiring coaches and recruiting. If he was selling freezers to Eskimos he would probably be a multi millionaire

They're doing everything they can to talk Jimbo up. Truth is they were an 8-5 team this year and he hasn't won double digit games since he's been there. And lets be honest, the Alabama win saved him.

If he had won 9 games this year but got crushed by Alabama, would he be there right now? Maybe. But at the very least, he's on one of the hottest seats in the country next season instead of being called a top 10 coach with a top 10 team.

Advertisement

My top 10:

1) Nick Saban
2) Dabo Swinney
3) Kirby Smart (🤢🤮)
4) Lincoln Riley
5) Mike Gundy
6) Ryan Day
7) Kyle Whittingham
8) Paul Chryst
9) Mario Cristobal
10) Lane Kiffin

Honorable Mention: Jim Harbaugh, Brian Kelly, Mark Stoops, Hugh Freeze, Dave Aranda, Luke Fickell, Kalani Sitake, Billy Napier, Jamey Chadwell, Blake Anderson, Jay Norvell, Brady Hoke

Coaches I think are set to breakout: Jeff Traylor, Sonny Dykes, Josh Heupel, Eli Drinkwitz, Shane Beamer, Joey McGuire, Rhett Lashlee, Tyson Helton, Timmy Chang, GJ Kinne

What’s yalls top 10?

Big dawg htf you bump Mike gundy into the top 5..and have lane kiffin in the top 10..my brother stop sippin that gin so heavy 😂😭.

Honestly the Original list posted was pretty good. Only objection I’d have is Luke fikell swapped for Mario at the same slot..it will be real interesting after the Cincy honeymoon stage ends with a 7 win type szn to follow up this past szn..real Matt campbell vibes there imo

Advertisement
Kirby at 2 lol. Jimbo is just garbage. Not even top 10.
Those are 2 national title winners. One just won when all these message boards of envious fans said UGA was fraudulent…but I’m old enough to remember the 2010s and even prior. Wayyy before the message board hysteria that tells us jimbo and Kirby are products soley of their situations now. Jimbo was always regarded as a top notch coach..there were ppl saying Saban would lose a step after Kirby left..y’all need to stop lol. Jimbo and Kirby are top 10 coaches in CFB.

My top 10:

1) Nick Saban
2) Dabo Swinney
3) Kirby Smart (🤢🤮)
4) Lincoln Riley
5) Mike Gundy
6) Ryan Day
7) Kyle Whittingham
8) Paul Chryst
9) Mario Cristobal
10) Lane Kiffin

Honorable Mention: Jim Harbaugh, Brian Kelly, Mark Stoops, Hugh Freeze, Dave Aranda, Luke Fickell, Kalani Sitake, Billy Napier, Jamey Chadwell, Blake Anderson, Jay Norvell, Brady Hoke

Coaches I think are set to breakout: Jeff Traylor, Sonny Dykes, Josh Heupel, Eli Drinkwitz, Shane Beamer, Joey McGuire, Rhett Lashlee, Tyson Helton, Timmy Chang, GJ Kinne

What’s yalls top 10?

I just dont see how Mario is top 10 yet. I like top 15 but even then there is an argument he isn't top 15. In terms of the top 10 list they have, Aranda just should not be in there yet, Fickle as well. Think Kelly 100% is top 10 and would probably sneak in Hardpaw as well.
1)Saban
2)Dabo
3)Kirby Smart
4)Lincoln Riley
5)Jimbo
6)Kelly
7)Gundy
8)Whittingham
9)Ryan Day
10)Hardpaw
11)Chryst
12)Mario
13)Fickle
14)Stoops
15)Lane

Last edited:
I just dont see how Mario is top 10 yet. I like top 15 but even then there is an argument he isn't top 15. In terms of the top 10 list they have, Aranda just should not be in there yet, Fickle as well. Think Kelly 100% is top 10 and would probably sneak in Hardpaw as well.
1)Saban
2)Dabo
3)Kirby Smart
4)Lincoln Riley
5)Jimbo
6)Kelly
7)Gundy
8)Whittingham
9)Ryan Day
10)Hardpaw
11)Chryst
12)Mario
13)Fickle
14)Stoops
15)dealers choice as even 10-14 is a toss up
giphy.gif

Hey man you better watch it talking like that on here lol...

Advertisement
Big dawg htf you bump Mike gundy into the top 5..and have lane kiffin in the top 10..my brother stop sippin that gin so heavy 😂😭.

Honestly the Original list posted was pretty good. Only objection I’d have is Luke fikell swapped for Mario at the same slot..it will be real interesting after the Cincy honeymoon stage ends with a 7 win type szn to follow up this past szn..real Matt campbell vibes there imo
Mike Gundy IMO is one of the best coaches in college football.

And why wouldn’t Lane be in the top 10 coming into this season?

Why I can’t have my own opinion?

giphy.gif

Hey man you better watch it talking like that on here lol...
Sometimes the truth hurts, but in fairness to Mario, he has a great shot to move up here. He made the best hires of his career on paper here, which was a knock on him in the past. The overall potential is through the roof, but based on everything you are talking about a guy that won his P5 conference twice, one of which was a 4-3, won 10+ twice but has never gotten to the playoff. The other guys just have better resumes at this point.

My top 10:

1) Nick Saban
2) Dabo Swinney
3) Kirby Smart (🤢🤮)
4) Lincoln Riley
5) Mike Gundy
6) Ryan Day
7) Kyle Whittingham
8) Paul Chryst
9) Mario Cristobal
10) Lane Kiffin

What’s yalls top 10?

Do you think Dabo is exposed this year? Personally I think he’s a good CEO type coach but he’s been propped up by top notch coordinators and elite QB play.

Advertisement
Mike Gundy IMO is one of the best coaches in college football.

And why wouldn’t Lane be in the top 10 coming into this season?

Why I can’t have my own opinion?
I guess its about your criteria. If its going into the season sure, but then Aranda should be 10 as well. The thing is that overall body of work should count and Lane is top 15 at best.

Sometimes the truth hurts, but in fairness to Mario, he has a great shot to move up here. He made the best hires of his career on paper here, which was a knock on him in the past. The overall potential is through the roof, but based on everything you are talking about a guy that won his P5 conference twice, one of which was a 4-3, won 10+ twice but has never gotten to the playoff. The other guys just have better resumes at this point.
I was just messing with you...

(I actually kind agree lol)

Do you think Dabo is exposed this year? Personally I think he’s a good CEO type coach but he’s been propped up by top notch coordinators and elite QB play.
No, Clemson had the #2 ranked Defense in the Nation & was hit with a rash of injuries.

They’ve still recruited on an Elite level over the last 4 years & have a young team with a ton of talent returning.

I think their Defensive replacements for Venables were questionable hires especially Wes Goodwin, but I actually think their Offense will be much better this year with Brandon Streeter as the OC rather than Tony Elliot.

I personally don’t agree with Dabo’s methodology of only making in-house hires, but what he’s built is a culture that has continuity & makes it easier to replace changeover when coaches do finally up & leave, they’re not completely changing everything, it’s a conveyer belt that keeps the same message & reiterates stability within their organizational structure.

I don’t think DJ Ukulele is all that good, but Cade Klubnik has potential to be the next great Clemson QB, he has terrific arm talent & overall ability, I’m curious to see if they’ll have an open competition at QB this Spring/Summer/Fall, if so I expect him to overtake DJ at some point.

But even so still, Clemson has a very good roster, Miami fans are selling way low on Clemson based on classic offseason Homerism, but the truth is, even in a down year they were 10-3 & are set to maintain their stronghold on the ACC, I fully expect them to win the Atlantic & be in the ACCCG.

Advertisement
Back