Tomorrow is a big day in the Matthew Thomas sweepstakes

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
Booker T is taking some kids up to the FSU camp and Matthew Thomas will be going.

It will be his first visit to Tally, which is scary for Miami fans considering he has put FSU so high on his list without even visiting. Just something to keep an eye on.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Think we can send Duke,T Howard, and Bush up there for reinforcement?

****, they're our best recruiters anyways.

Booker T is taking some kids up to the FSU camp and Matthew Thomas will be going.

It will be his first visit to Tally, which is scary for Miami fans considering he has put FSU so high on his list without even visiting. Just something to keep an eye on.

meh - I have no inside info like Pete BUT i've been around quite a bit longer than him and I think that the Thomas kid is playing the game and is a Cane all the way

meh - I have no inside info like Pete BUT i've been around quite a bit longer than him and I think that the Thomas kid is playing the game and is a Cane all the way

This. I think he takes visits, but in the end, he is a Cane.

Advertisement
I can't see Golden letting Thomas get away. His recruitment reminds me of the way we viewed Brandon Harris. He was a must get in that 2008 class and he played the recruiting game a bit and took some official visits, but in the end he ended up a cane and I expect the same for Thomas.

This is probably our biggest competition, will be nice to get him out of there without a commitment.

The kid is gonna make his 'rounds, nothing to worry about right now, he won't be making a decision anytime soon.

Advertisement
I don't think this guy is a lock by any means, but Miami will be in it until the end and our odds will increase as NSD approaches. Don't be surprised if there is some drama along the way, though.

And mother**** a Reggie Northrup. That is one player I wish nothing but the worst for. To **** with him, Jimbo, and the Noles.

Not sure if serious? First of all its just a GAME. Nothing more, nothing less. Second these are just KIDS 17-19 years old maybe some are 20 when they sign their LOI. SMH.

I don't think this guy is a lock by any means, but Miami will be in it until the end and our odds will increase as NSD approaches. Don't be surprised if there is some drama along the way, though.

This. Lol at people who get overly mad/take it personal over these KIDS not picking Miami at times. These KIDS have to do what's best for themselves,and sometimes their families. If a kid gets paid, sometimes that money goes towards helping out the fam make next months rent/putting food in the mouths of their brothers or sisters. So etimes it goes for a brand new car,sound system, and rims. These kids work their asses off from pretty much start to finish to get put in a position where almost every college coach wants their signature. More power to them for getting as much as they can, when they can.

Advertisement
DMoney said:

My thoughts exactly. I think there is some overconfidence in this thread. Miami is still in good shape, but has work to do.

This. Lol at people who get overly mad/take it personal over these KIDS not picking Miami at times. These KIDS have to do what's best for themselves,and sometimes their families. If a kid gets paid, sometimes that money goes towards helping out the fam make next months rent/putting food in the mouths of their brothers or sisters. So etimes it goes for a brand new car,sound system, and rims. These kids work their asses off from pretty much start to finish to get put in a position where almost every college coach wants their signature. More power to them for getting as much as they can, when they can.

Just curious, were you ever recruited by a major D1 program? Were you ever offered money?

DMoney said:

My thoughts exactly. I think there is some overconfidence in this thread. Miami is still in good shape, but has work to do.

We got this(In my Al Golden Voice).

Just curious, were you ever recruited by a major D1 program? Were you ever offered money?

Yes NC State, Coastal Carolina,Miami, UC Irvine, USF, MS State, Wake Forest, and FIU where all of my "Major d-1 offers" for baseball. Never got paid, lol baseball schollys don't even give full rides most of the time. Miami only offered about 30 percent of tuition and payment for my books in 09.

Advertisement
Back