Tomorrow is a big day in the Matthew Thomas sweepstakes

Booker T is taking some kids up to the FSU camp and Matthew Thomas will be going.

It will be his first visit to Tally, which is scary for Miami fans considering he has put FSU so high on his list without even visiting. Just something to keep an eye on.

meh - I have no inside info like Pete BUT i've been around quite a bit longer than him and I think that the Thomas kid is playing the game and is a Cane all the way

Is this based on any specific knowledge or just general hopefulness because he's from Dade?

Advertisement
Almost always there is an ephemeral love affair between the prospect and the school he most recently visited. So I would expect that we'll hear it was great, yadi, yadi, yadi. I agree that we'll be in this one until the end when he signs with us.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I am not worried.. I mean like previous posters mentioned.. He won't be the first to get away.. I remember the DE from Northwestern who went to FSU.. some kids want to get away.

I think if we still maintain our core of grace,carter,burns, bostwick, and bain..sprinkle in a few OL, one RB, and Coley on top.. sounds like a solid solid class to me.

Advertisement
YAWN

you ****** fall for it every year

this boy is in orange and green next year and i ain't talkin bout FAMU

I don't think this guy is a lock by any means, but Miami will be in it until the end and our odds will increase as NSD approaches. Don't be surprised if there is some drama along the way, though.

Drama in recruiting, never. You're right though, I could see this one changing on a visit by visist basis.

Advertisement
Booker T is taking some kids up to the FSU camp and Matthew Thomas will be going.

It will be his first visit to Tally, which is scary for Miami fans considering he has put FSU so high on his list without even visiting. Just something to keep an eye on.

meh - I have no inside info like Pete BUT i've been around quite a bit longer than him and I think that the Thomas kid is playing the game and is a Cane all the way

Is this based on any specific knowledge or just general hopefulness because he's from Dade?

oh just that he is maybe the highest priority kid on our board, from BTW, lots of strong Cane connections (Ice Harris, etc). when was the last time we didnt get a high priority kid from Booker T?

YAWN

you ****** fall for it every year

this boy is in orange and green next year and i ain't talkin bout FAMU

super good.jpg

Advertisement
You think Jimbo might bring up the Shapiro bull**** this weekend. Thomas is the type of talent that we cannot let get away is we want to get back on the elite level

Sure they will negative recruit, but I'd be more concerned about Jimbo saying that they're going to play him at OLB and that he'll have a formidable front four to keep offensive linemen off of him. I really don't think we're losing recruits that we would normally get because of the NCAA investigation - JMHO.

You think Jimbo might bring up the Shapiro bull**** this weekend. Thomas is the type of talent that we cannot let get away is we want to get back on the elite level

There's a very good chance he will. He probably should, he can also point out RRA getting suspended, etc.........

Advertisement
Back