Tom Herman is better than Coach Richt poRsters on this site

Charlie Strong is awful jesus christ that dude sucks why does he get defended on here?

Better than Tom Herman until proven otherwise

They have similar careers right now both coordinators at big time schools did well then went to a whack *** place (Loserville Houston)did well then got the big job where strong failed and Herman had 1 game.

Herman has to get 3 years like strong did but make no mistake that first game wasnt good but its the first game

I agree to an extent. Having said that, Strong had Bridgewater during the height of his tenure at Louisville. Outside of that, he's done nothing.

At Houston, Herman hasn't had a marquee NFL talent like Strong. I usually like to wait until year 2 or 3 before an accurate evaluation can be made.

Advertisement
Well to be fair, Herman beat fsu with Houston talent . Then raped Louisville , and shut down a heisman winning qbs with far less talent.

Op has a boner for Herman and is " that guy". A ****** like Skip Bayless, says idiotic stuff just to get a reaction and be contrarian.

I can see a bump coming from this thread , sooner than later.

Tom Herman said he thought they were further ahead going into the opening game.... Maryland dominated them physically and dominated them coach wise as well.

Urban Meyer isn't hear for the bs excuses and I'm not either.... he should've said that before the season started instead of just mouthing off a bunch of bs that sounds good.

Lol at comparing Tom Herman to any legendary coach.m this isn't the same thing... I guess all you tom herman cheerleaders are going to give him 4 years to get rid of all of the current players and 3 more years so his players can mature before you start heading his results at Texas.

He took the job bc he thought there was enough talent for him to not lose embarrassingly to teams like Maryland.... the loss is on him, man up and deal with it or he'll be fired in 3 years.

Advertisement
Can we just agree that the jury is still out? He did well at Houston and has coached one game for a team that did really bad last year. When will porsters stop making declarations after one play, one quarter, one game. Can we at least wait until a quarter of the season before we judge him. ****, what if waited until the actual season is over before we judge him. Or maybe wait until he has at least a full recruiting class under his belt. Everyone is in such a rush to be right. There are so many great coaches across all sports who didn't have good first games, first seasons, or do great at their first head coaching job.

All i know is Texas has more talent than Maryland.... Tom sounds like a fckn fraud talking about sprinkling pixie dust on his team like he needs a complete over haul to beat Maryland gtfoh don't want him anywhere near UM. Coach Richt was the perfect hire.

Ill give you that. It was still a completely pathetic performance and not a good first impression for Herman.

I still think in 2-3 years, he will have them competing for the playoffs. Thats all.

for the record, I also think Richt was the best possible hire for Miami.

Not sure what you define as "competing for the playoffs" ... Top 5? Top 10? Top 2 or 3 teams in Big 12?

Tom Herman has been anointed the next big thing by a lot of fans and media, but ...

1. He seems pretty immature with all his antics -- I can't remember an elite college coach with this sort of persona;

2. Houston got skull-drug last year 38-16 versus SMU.

Again, S-M-U.

Advertisement
Remember the Hue Jackson is Da Gawd threads?

Bring back Butch!

Hue Jackson would wreck **** here.

Thing is people think successful college coaches can go pro or vise versa. In college u have to recruit and pick ur guys and close if ur good at that chances r better that u can handle it. When u cant pick ur players like saban ur fuqed.....saban was awful because the nfl took away his strength (recruiting)

Charlie Strong is awful jesus christ that dude sucks why does he get defended on here?

Better than Tom Herman until proven otherwise

They have similar careers right now both coordinators at big time schools did well then went to a whack *** place (Loserville Houston)did well then got the big job where strong failed and Herman had 1 game.

Herman has to get 3 years like strong did but make no mistake that first game wasnt good but its the first game

I agree to an extent. Having said that, Strong had Bridgewater during the height of his tenure at Louisville. Outside of that, he's done nothing.

At Houston, Herman hasn't had a marquee NFL talent like Strong. I usually like to wait until year 2 or 3 before an accurate evaluation can be made.

Agree teddy was a game changer for him but his defenses were good at loserville he capatalized on miamis bad evals

the best part was when herman threw the personnel as in players under the bus

even urban meyer stepped in and called BS on that one

Advertisement
Well I learned that KrazyCane and NorthFlaCa... are twins. How else can the similarity be explained.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back